[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Medic question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Med's have always been allowed to use horn 5 under the following conditions:
- Cars do not actually have to move for them but should.
- They shouldn't use horn 4 or strobe

That's the way it's been since it was implemented.
Right, that's confusing. Never heard the second bit before.
(2011-10-16 12:45)Lampshade Wrote: [ -> ]Med's have always been allowed to use horn 5 under the following conditions:
- Cars do not actually have to move for them but should.
- They shouldn't use horn 4 or strobe

That's the way it's been since it was implemented.

I have never been told the second one either.
rules Wrote:7.6. Strobe/Flashing lights may only be used when on scene.
Do not use when driving to an incident.
IMO the reasons for having the second rule are outweighed by not having it.

Reasons for:
.Not letting MEDs have full copping ability

Reasons against:
.When a cop approaches a junction, he has horn 4 to give extra warning. Meds don't, which is surely a risk

.Many people use Strobe to run their siren, which runs lights as well.

.What harm can having strobe and h4 do?

.Horn 4, and strobe, are widely used by meds on the server and have been for a long time, without a problem.

.Meds don't drive to the scene like a tow, they drive there like a cop, so why must they be equipped like tows and not cops?
People don't have to move for meds if they don't want as it's an RP tag. People shouldn't have been using strobe as it quite clearly states in the rules that it should only be used at the scene.

I can bring this up at our next meeting. So basically, you want to be able to do the following:

TOW:
Strobe en-route to the scene

MED:
Strobe en-route to scene
Horn4 + Horn5

Am I correct in saying that's what you lot want?
I never said they did, but that doesn't mean that they can't be warned visually that a med is approaching
Answer my question please
You edited your post after I replied.

The med bit is right, but take out the tow bit because Tows don't speed to a scene like a cop.

Oh and insert a few lines into the rules to make it concrete for everyone to see.

Oh, and it should apply to RES units too, since they're the same. See my suggested rules on the last page.
Ah sorry, my bad. Forgot I edited it. If it goes through then it will be added to the rules, obviously.

TOW:
- Can use strobe at the scene [ALREADY IMPLEMENTED]

MED:
- Can use strobe en-route to the scene
- Can use Horn 4 for clearing traffic
- Can use Horn 5 en-route

RES:

Better?
Yup, that's fine. Thanks Lamp.
Thats a punch in all cops face if you ask me and nobody will ever care again for strobes in the mirror, as you can't know whether it's someone important coming through or not. Dictionaries have exactly one word for it: "abuse"
Well if that were true Chuck, it would have happened long ago, because MEDs have until now used Strobe regularly. As such, implementing these rules won't cause anything new.

Anyway, cops have massive great insim signs, so it's not like they're going to be ignored.
(2011-10-16 15:11)Lampshade Wrote: [ -> ]Ah sorry, my bad. Forgot I edited it. If it goes through then it will be added to the rules, obviously.

TOW:
- Can use strobe at the scene [ALREADY IMPLEMENTED]

MED:

RES:

Better?
That would be great IMO. Means more realism = even more interesting to drive on the server (whether it being civ, cop or tow).
Chuck to be fair. We've allowed people to use RES and MED tags on our servers so why not give them realistic extras too?

I mean IRL an ambulance is allowed to use sirens and strobes as are fire engines. It seems silly not to allow them to use sirens and strobe. Fair enough, TOW vehicles aren't allowed such privileges because they're not classed as emergency vehicles.

Remember that the only vehicles that can use !siren/+/- are COP's HwA's & VCU's. I class !siren as the most effective way of telling people to get out of the way so allowing such extras for MED and RES can't hurt.

I really don't have a problem with it, but like I said, I'll bring it up at the next team meeting.
Ok, I've spoken with Chuck and what we're thinking is the following:

Keeping in mind that there aren't actually any rules regarding roleplay vehicles. The only rule we have is this:

Rules Wrote:2.3. Strobe/Flashing lights should never be used by civilians. They are reserved for use by Emergency and Recovery vehicles.

This basically means that strobes are reserved for COPs, HwAs, VCU's & TOW's (At Scene).

Nothing's final atm but we think it best to allow res and med to use themed skins, but not allow them to use sirens and strobe. The thinking behind this is that if we give RP cars priority over general traffic, then people will get bored and start ignoring them. This is bad when a cop tries to get past. RP cars can speed and pass traffic but they have NO priority over general traffic.

This might not be a popular idea but it's the best idea in the grand scheme of things.
Tbh if you do it that way, you wont see anymore MED's & RES's because a part of the fun is the fact that they can use strobe and siren. And i dont see why people would get bored and start ignoring them (and cops). It seems to have worked fine all the time it was an "unofficial" rule, so why wouldnt it stay that way? Plus if you dont make insim features for MED's & RES's like !siren+/-, COPs will still be that bit more visible and im thinking people will keep pulling over for them, even though MED's & RES's are allowed strobe+siren.

[Ignore this part, i dont know now where i got this from lol] And its just totally wierd that a auto recovery/tow vehicle can use siren... well unless TOW skins are allowed blue/red lights on them.
Yeah, that'd completely kill both units.

Plus as I said before, if it is introduced, there will be no difference whatsoever, because it already happens.

If it doesn't happen already, it's not going to happen in the future.
(2011-10-16 16:52)Ras Wrote: [ -> ]Tbh if you do it that way, you wont see anymore MED's & RES's because a part of the fun is the fact that they can use strobe and siren. And i dont see why people would get bored and start ignoring them (and cops). It seems to have worked fine all the time it was an "unofficial" rule, so why wouldnt it stay that way? Plus if you dont make insim features for MED's & RES's like !siren+/-, COPs will still be that bit more visible and im thinking people will keep pulling over for them, even though MED's & RES's are allowed strobe+siren.

And its just totally wierd that a auto recovery/tow vehicle can use siren... well unless TOW skins are allowed blue/red lights on them.

agreed with this, we already got it like this and it worked fine until now :-/

€dit: Sentence about TOW's and Sirens didn't make sense
Michi, where did I say that TOW can use sirens?
(2011-10-16 15:37)Lampshade Wrote: [ -> ]This basically means that strobes are reserved for COPs, HwAs, VCU's & TOW's (At Scene).

Sorry, i've misread it and thought there would be written "strobes and sirens"
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's