[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Unban request (Ban Reduced by BP)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
● Your LFS Username: try drifter

● Time & Date of Incident: 22 august 2016

● Replay / Screenshot Link:
http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...?tid=23574
● Replay Timestamps:

● Reasons as to why you feel you deserve an unban:
Hello, i was banned for use of the mod 'Templock' , a mod witch alters the tire temperatures of the vehicle witch at the same time changes the physics of the car. I understand that vob users are not looked nicely upon but a warning would have been a good message that i'm doing something wrong. I am asking for an unban because i have a career that i worked hundreds of hours on and its quite a nice experience playing on the server, i know that if i want to have a nice thing like being able to play on your servers i have to respect and play within the rules. I see and realize that the use of any mods is against the rules and this incident will not repeat in the future , for example when i was reported for cursing another player because i got carried away with my emotions, i now know to be more careful and not get carried away with emotions, i have learned from my mistake now and then.
The admin who issued the original ban has been notified and will reply shortly.
Hello,

You didn't get a warning because of the severity of the offence. Just to recap:

Quote:@try drifter. That is an illegal mod. It is quite clear that this kind of thing isn't allowed here. You will be banned for this.

Also, turning it off for chases is irrelevant, because:
You never know when you're going to be chased (and you're basically guaranteed to be if drifting)
Even if you turn it off at the start of the chase, your tyre temps are already false (especially if you've been drifting, because they *should* be sky high and slippy at that point).
If at any point the client side temps are significantly different to what is reported to the server, it'll mess with LFS prediction and cause funky things to happen (may explain the vob-like behaviour)

Had you asked an admin before using this tool, we'd have said "no" and the situation could've been avoided all together.

However, after some internal discussion we will reduce the ban to one month. Next time, get clarification on whether a tool is allowed or not. If it alters the physics or otherwise violates the rules, we won't allow it. Be mindful of this.

Understood?
Yes the points you have made are understood and I will use them in the future, thank you for the reduction of the ban it is greatly appreciated.
OK, 30 days as of today.

Your ban has been reduced
Reference URL's