[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: A new COP menu system?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone!,

We all know the laser & chase combination,

Someone is lasering and another unit will chase this suspect.
Well my idea was to add another system with a command.

For example:

If one 'suspect' ignore the red light while he is on high speed and a cop is nearby but parking, then he can't chase that guy yet.

Well my idea was:
If this cop use a command like !setlist {USERNAME} REDLIGHT
(Would be awesome if it only allowed if the user was on the tracking bar, to avoid the abuse of the system)

It will appear in the cop list menu:
{SUSPECTNAME} Ignored REDLIGHT 30

-->{SUSPECTNAME} : This will be the player name.
--> Ignored REDLIGHT: This will be the short reason, for example it is ignored redlight but it can be drifting or something else.
--> '30' that is the timer, if the timer expires, then you are not allowed to chase him anymore. This timer works on seconds.

Commands can be:

!setlist {username} reason : will add a user to the list
!remlist {username} : will remove the user from the list.
!showlist : Will show the suspect list
!hidelist : Will close the suspect list

It would be perfect if we can leave the GUI open.

It will appear in the cop list GUI:

{SUSPECTNAME} Ignored REDLIGHT 30
{SUSPECTNAME2} Drifting 25
{SUSPECTNAME3} Ignored REDLIGHT 17
{SUSPECTNAME4} Stunting 8
{SUSPECTNAME5} Drifting 2

The list maximum will be 5 (or lower/higher i don't mind =P)

Ofcourse there are more variables for the command:
REDLIGHT = Ignored redlight
DRIFT = DRIFTING
CAR = Something is wrong with the suspect's car
STUNT = He is stunting on the road
MOVE = Failed to move for a chase ( Could be used for interfere too)

Thanks for reading!
Its a great idea , but I will not set a maxium of 5. Just not set any limit, doing this with a list (a bit biger) like the one that we have when we send a car , its a great idea.

+1
I like the idea to be honest. A system which COPs use currently is lasering from one point and sending the laser through the COP chat for other COPs to take the suspect. This works the same and I think I would enjoy copping even more because it would be more team work based.

Some could say it would make the COP over-powered, but having a timer just like !laser has would solve that issue imo.

Other ideas have been suggested to this in the past, one of them being an ANPR 'camera'.
To be fair it isn't too far off from the ANPR idea which many people didn't like.

As per the idea itself, I think there should be some kind of time limit for it, lets say 30 mins.

+1 For the idea though.
+1 i like this idea! But too lazy to rember those commands :/
(2016-08-25 11:56)FakeVettel Wrote: [ -> ]+1 i like this idea! But too lazy to rember those commands :/

Hahaha =), i think you will get used to it just like !chase !backup !roadblock+ etc
The idea reminds me of LCPDfr. Biggrin
(2016-08-25 11:54)Spark Wrote: [ -> ]lets say 30 mins.

More like 1 minute like !laser.
(2016-08-25 12:08)Yukine Wrote: [ -> ]The idea reminds me of LCPDfr. Biggrin

LCPDFR is a nice mod for cops, I'll play it soon too W00t.
Super idea!

+1
I really have problems understanding what you say. Do you mean that if cop A witnesses some violation, he types in some text and cop B may chase and fine the suspect?
(2016-08-25 12:53)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]I really have problems understanding what you say. Do you mean that if cop A witnesses some violation, he types in some text and cop B may chase and fine the suspect?

Too much effort, !c write etc, You can miss an offence in the chat. I like the idea alot.
(2016-08-25 12:53)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]I really have problems understanding what you say. Do you mean that if cop A witnesses some violation, he types in some text and cop B may chase and fine the suspect?

Exactly, it is just a command !setlist username DRIFT

It will appear in a Suspect GUI list:

Username DRIFTING 30

And if there are any nearby units at the following username, they can chase this suspect and fine them.
Well, no then. For many reasons. The rules require the fining cop to have witnessed the violation and that is for some good reasons:

-Only he can assess the violation and set the fine

-Only he knows the exact circumstances and can tell the suspect what he did wrong (what? where? when?)

-Only he is able to discuss the situation and possible reasons or excuses for violating the road laws with the suspect

-He is responsible for his actions and takes responsibility when it comes to disputes (e.g. forum report, refund requests, etc)

There is only one exception from this, the speeding fine, as the Insim system can provide objective and reliable evidence.

And my personal opinion is that cops are not meant just to drive around and "collect" money, it's a bit more than that.
Reference URL's