[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Charging winch when doing pitstops!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone!

In real life, electric cars are able to charge their battery from a gas station.

As the winch is also an electric device, Why not allow charging it after doing a pitstop?

I have made the following example (using the IS_PIT / PSF Packets): https://vimeo.com/180473081

It'd be really cool to be able to charge your winch from a gas station, and for paying a 20€ fee for example. It'd be a lot better than driving to a safe zone and parking there till winch charge reaches 100%.

What are your thoughts?
-1 , with the traffic flow that have this gas station , dont want to see there lot of cars waiting for their batteries get charged.

Go to safe zone for it.

Only will say +1 if it autocharge at 100% in one second , but this will be an advantage over safe zone , so , you will have to pay for this service , which I dont like to pay for it.
(2016-08-28 10:00)Borja Wrote: [ -> ]which I dont like to pay for it.

20€ won't really break your wallet Glare
(2016-08-28 09:58)Adorable Wrote: [ -> ]In real life

also pay fee 20 euros... does COP pay anything for using [COP] tag? They earn money from fines. Only TOW/MED/RES has to pay 10k for the winch and then you want them to pay another amount of money for recharging? These are much nonprofit jobs to pay another fees.
+1 I actually think this is a good idea, especially when your car is damaged after a job. You can fix your car and charge your winch.
I've two sides to this, it'd be good if you was too far away from a safezone, but having to buy a winch to then also pay for it every time. Also, you could go back to safezone and charge it before answering anymore SOS calls?
(2016-08-28 12:06)Jack Wrote: [ -> ]and charge it before answering anymore SOS calls?

You could still tow using the classic way but it's a lot faster /efficient with the !winch
(2016-08-28 12:07)Adorable Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-28 12:06)Jack Wrote: [ -> ]and charge it before answering anymore SOS calls?

You could still tow using the classic way but it's a lot faster /efficient with the !winch

Yeah there is that also.
I personally don't like the whole concept of adding more and more shit only to make everything so stupidly easy... Where is the challenge? Driving up to a car and writing a stupid command anyone can do that, now you don't even have to be good at towing or good at anything really besides being able to write to play as MED/TOW..

I could deal with the ramps being added, since you might be alone as a MED/TOW and someone could be stuck at a remote area.. But i mean where is the team work and thought behind things, haven't seen a RAC & RB4 combo using the RAC as a ramp and RB4 to jump with in what? Over a year at least.. The whole concept of actually having to learn from experience and older members is slowly fading away, I love that there is new things added, such as the Traffic lights. But making everything so newbie friendly, come on...

I personally like when there are certain things that can be abused, be ware TO SOME EXTENT like the jump at KY which has gotten blocked off. Before as a cop you had to know of these spots and take action before hand and be ready for it, for me it was the whole fun in being a cop and especially learning as a new player to be a certain role. Everything wasn't served on a silver plate, which I'm afraid it is slowly becoming..

Now this was probably not completely within context to this thread in it's own, but i didn't feel like making a new thread or posting in some old one so here you go..

That's my 2 cents on the whole matter.
(2016-08-28 19:34)Mufflord Wrote: [ -> ]I personally don't like the whole concept of adding more and more shit only to make everything so stupidly easy... Where is the challenge? Driving up to a car and writing a stupid command anyone can do that, now you don't even have to be good at towing or good at anything really besides being able to write to play as MED/TOW..

I could deal with the ramps being added, since you might be alone as a MED/TOW and someone could be stuck at a remote area.. But i mean where is the team work and thought behind things, haven't seen a RAC & RB4 combo using the RAC as a ramp and RB4 to jump with in what? Over a year at least.. The whole concept of actually having to learn from experience and older members is slowly fading away, I love that there is new things added, such as the Traffic lights. But making everything so newbie friendly, come on...

I personally like when there are certain things that can be abused, be ware TO SOME EXTENT like the jump at KY which has gotten blocked off. Before as a cop you had to know of these spots and take action before hand and be ready for it, for me it was the whole fun in being a cop and especially learning as a new player to be a certain role. Everything wasn't served on a silver plate, which I'm afraid it is slowly becoming..

Now this was probably not completely within context to this thread in it's own, but i didn't feel like making a new thread or posting in some old one so here you go..

That's my 2 cents on the whole matter.

Totally agree, I did like it a lot more back when there wasn't any ramp or winch commands and you had to work as a team to rescue someone. Also when you said where anyone can be a MED, they aren't really learning anything or gaining experience because they're just pressing a bind.

Back to the actual OP anyway, as I said earlier if you need your winch re-charged, don't take any more SOS calls and go to a local Safezone, get 100% charge and you get 3 winches. I like the idea of recharging at pitstop, but it's a no from me.

(2016-08-28 19:34)Mufflord Wrote: [ -> ]I personally don't like the whole concept of adding more and more shit only to make everything so stupidly easy... Where is the challenge? Driving up to a car and writing a stupid command anyone can do that, now you don't even have to be good at towing or good at anything really besides being able to write to play as MED/TOW..

Maybe we are going to see son a comand for cops !bust , for when u near suspect , bust him?

I get your point , and I dont like those new things too..
I'm currently agreeing with Mufflord's opinion.
(2016-08-28 19:34)Mufflord Wrote: [ -> ]*snip*

I'll agree with you here.
(2016-08-28 20:18)KaraK Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-28 19:34)Mufflord Wrote: [ -> ]*snip*

I'll agree with you here.

I agree also.

Without going off-topic here, I like the idea you are suggesting but it's a -1 from me personally. This is because I'm not a huge fan of the winch, although it is sometimes useful. I wouldn't want the winch device to be developed any further.

Infact, I believe the winch should work as a 'one time use' device. Where it would use 100% of its charge on any car.
Electric cars charge at a gas station, yes. Not electric winches. A real life recovery truck will recharge its winch (if it had to, real-world winches run off the vehicle's battery) back at base, or the "Safe Zone" we have in game.
The battery idea was never meant to be realistic or whatever, it was purely meant to prevent over-usage of that feature. And since the term and logic was already in place (from the speedtrap battery) is seemed logical to use it here as well.
As for the actual question, I am undecided but I tend to leave it as it is, as it indeed limits its usage and therefore allows other people (lets say with full batteries) to step in.
The end, however, often comes as a surprise, I think that could be worked on.
(2016-08-28 19:34)Mufflord Wrote: [ -> ]*caugh* *somenonsense*

I agree with this creature. Tongue
Agree with Muff here, see no point of having the winch at all.
As for charging the battery, i suggest the winch to be single use (100% battery usage) and recharging wherever.
I agree with Muff on this, there is no teamwork,skill and thinking at this matter anymore. Its fun with some challenge as a MED/RES/TOW, but there isnt with the winch as far i can see.
I like it cause it allows me to tow people safely and without ruining my own car every time. It often happens that multiple calls come in at the same time and it's impossible to satisfy them all if every tow takes 10 minutes.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's