[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Unban request - karakterman2 (Unban Request Granted by Josh)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
- Your LFS Username: karakterman2

- Time & Date of Incident: Today

- Replay / Screenshot Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?fgnnku2t2arnd56
- Replay Timestamps: 2:03:44 , 2:04:53

- Reasons as to why you think you deserve an unban:
The reason I was banned is ''Driving through a pit garage during a chase''
I was never told this wasn't allowed, because I never had to drive through pitboxes. Only times I did this, was when my suspect went into a Safe Zone 2.
Looking at the server rules now, I see that this rule is stated under ''6. Pitlane'', which I wasn't aware of.

I drove through pit garages because my suspect kept going behind the pits. (Which is a violation of rule 3.9)
Going around them would make the gap between me and my suspect bigger, and staying in front would make the chase boring, cause a possible hazard for traffic in pits and make the chase longer than needed.

Also, why a 7 day ban? It seems rather harsh, since this isn't such a major offence (nothing happened), and I haven't got any URS notes like this.
Hello,

You should be aware of the rules here. As a cop you have had to get a basic experience of the servers (i.e. the rules) before being allowed to cop. Also, having nearly 1000 hours of playing time should be enough time to learn rules like this. You must also have seen someone say "do not go into pit garages" on the server before?

Saying you weren't aware of a pitlane section of rules shows you clearly haven't read them for a while. Yes, you haven't had any entries on your URS about this specific problem, but you've certainly had enough warnings, kicks, bans, etc where you should have read and understood the rules.
(2012-03-09 21:07)Josh Wrote: [ -> ]You should be aware of the rules here. As a cop you have had to get a basic experience of the servers (i.e. the rules) before being allowed to cop. Also, having nearly 1000 hours of playing time should be enough time to learn rules like this. You must also have seen someone say "do not go into pit garages" on the server before?

I am aware of the rules and I'm capable of copping.
Yes, I've seen people tell others not go into pit garages. But that was when they were parked in one. Not driving over one.

Quote:Saying you weren't aware of a pitlane section of rules shows you clearly haven't read them for a while.

No, it doesn't. I never said I wasn't aware of a pitlane section. I said I wasn't aware of this rule being stated under ''6. Pitlane''.
I am well aware of the rules, but rule 6.4 rarely came forward in the servers, so it's easy to forget of such a rule.
I have told you already that I never drove over pit boxes, other than in Safe Zone 2 areas. Because almost nobody ever drove behind the pits, since it's against the rules (3.9).

Quote:Yes, you haven't had any entries on your URS about this specific problem, but you've certainly had enough warnings, kicks, bans, etc where you should have read and understood the rules.

It's been quite a while since I've been kicked or banned, and I've been looking through the rules every once in a while when I was reading a report or making one.
I have never seen someone being banned for such a little thing, which didn't even cause any trouble, for a whole week.
- Driving through one or parking in one can have the consequence, someone spawning inside your car and speccing you both for speeding.

- When you say "You didn't realise it was under 6 - Pitlane", do you mean you were aware of the rule but just didn't realise what section it was listed under?

- It doesn't matter if it causes trouble or not, it has large potential to cause trouble - that's why the rule is in place. You broke it 3 times.
(2012-03-09 21:29)Josh Wrote: [ -> ]- Driving through one or parking in one can have the consequence, someone spawning inside your car and speccing you both for speeding.

I know.

Quote:- When you say "You didn't realise it was under 6 - Pitlane", do you mean you were aware of the rule but just didn't realise what section it was listed under?

I was aware of the rules 'Do not drive behind pit boxes' and 'Do not park inside a pit box', I wasn't aware of the rule 'Do not drive through pit boxes'

Quote:- It doesn't matter if it causes trouble or not, it has large potential to cause trouble - that's why the rule is in place. You broke it 3 times.

Driving through pit boxes may cause trouble, but it didn't in my case.
This is the first time someone told me it wasn't allowed (Bez, in this case), and an hour or so after I got banned for it for 7 days.

I've been banned for ramming twice 1-2 years ago, which I learnt from, and that was a 3 and 5 days ban. I don't see how this is more severe than ramming.
(2012-03-09 21:46)KaraK Wrote: [ -> ]I was aware of the rules 'Do not drive behind pit boxes' and 'Do not park inside a pit box', I wasn't aware of the rule 'Do not drive through pit boxes'

The rules states "Do not drive or park in other people's garages." it covers both aspects, so I don't see how you can only know one part of that sentence.

Quote:Driving through pit boxes may cause trouble, but it didn't in my case.

..and I don't want to wait until it does cause trouble, that isn't the way it should be.
(2012-03-09 21:56)Josh Wrote: [ -> ]The rules states "Do not drive or park in other people's garages." it covers both aspects, so I don't see how you can only know one part of that sentence.

I've seen people being warned for parking in other people's pit boxes, driving behind the pits. Haven't seen anyone being warned (or banned) for driving through a pit box because he was going after his suspect.
Parking in someone's pit box is something you get warned for, or pitlaned. Surely the chance is way higher that someone parked causes trouble, than someone driving through for 2 seconds max.

Quote:..and I don't want to wait until it does cause trouble, that isn't the way it should be.

Then tell me, make me aware of the rule. Drop me a PM, or talk to me on the server. Sometimes talking is better than just punishing people. Especially when it's their first time doing it.
Sorry to write here, but I have just noticed what happened.. I was one of the 4 cops in that chase which we are talking about. I got 7 days ban for 'Driving through a pit garage' like my collagues.

Josh!
If you check the replay from each cops view, you can clearly see that I have not went through any pit garages! Disappointing that you give ban for nothing..
Thanks for your help in advance.
SzZsolti[COP]
Quote:..and I don't want to wait until it does cause trouble, that isn't the way it should be.

Then tell me, make me aware of the rule. Drop me a PM, or talk to me on the server. Sometimes talking is better than just punishing people. Especially when it's their first time doing it.
[/quote]

This rule has been in place for a long time, and people have been getting punished for it for a long time.

After the amount of time you have spent on our servers, and after the amount of warnings, kicks and bans you've had, I find it surprising you don't know about this rule -- especially as you know people aren't allowed to park in garages. If people can't park in garages, do you really think they're allowed to drive through them?
(2012-03-09 22:14)Josh Wrote: [ -> ]This rule has been in place for a long time, and people have been getting punished for it for a long time.

After the amount of time you have spent on our servers, and after the amount of warnings, kicks and bans you've had, I find it surprising you don't know about this rule -- especially as you know people aren't allowed to park in garages. If people can't park in garages, do you really think they're allowed to drive through them?

Well yes. Parking in someone's spawn point isn't the same as quickly driving through someone's spawn point.

You can't demand that everyone on the server knows every single rule.
As I told you earlier, I haven't seen anyone getting punished for quickly driving through a pit box. I've seen people being warned for parking inside them, or driving behind them.

Not once have I seen someone get banned for either of those unless they wouldn't listen.
Josh can i ask something here or do i have to open another thread to make a complaint?

Edit: pmd
If you can PM me it would be better, or if it is related to this specific incident then post here. Just avoid turning this into a discussion thread.
I have opened up a thread in members for more opinions on this, so a final decision may take a little longer.
Ok, thanks.
Ok, there is quite some confusion as to what is right and what is wrong in terms of driving behind the pits on Blackwood as the rules are a bit ambiguous here. Rule 3.9 states chased cars are not to go behind the pit garages in the main pitlane. It seems this also applies to Blackwood.

However that isn't the reason for this ban, driving through the pit garages, chase or no chase is a big no go. You are aware parking in garages isn't allowed, so I thought you'd be able to understand driving through them (3 times) is also a no.

I will happily unban you, but please let this be a strong warning - now you know it is wrong I hope not to see you doing this again.

Josh.
Unban Request Granted.

You will be unbanned shortly.
Reference URL's