[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: !laser for slows speeds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello cruisers!

As I have had small troubles with two guys the past days... Im here with a suggestion.

The problem its , that driving slower than 30km/h on Highway its dangerous.
But , how can we proove that the suspect were driving under that speed?

Its not usual that anyone drive under that speed , and if does , rarely dont pay the fine, but , what if they start saying that were driving at 50km/h?

The only way to proove it , is coming to forum and doing a report.

What Im suggesting?

Im suggesting that the !laser catch too the drivers who drives under 30km/h.
Also , it can be a bit hard cause the fine only applies on Highway , so , maybe the !laser for slow speed will only work when InSim detect that suspect its on Highway.

Then , instead of saying :
[RDSR] Nismo clocked @ 25kph (+0) - Fine: 0€ ignored
Says:
[RDSR] Nismo clocked @ 25kph (-5) - Fine: 50€

What do you guys think?
I understand what you're saying, but I think there is room for abuse. For example, say if a car has just crashed at no fault of their own and is starting to pull away, or a car that was stopped on the grass is now beginning to accelerate, it just takes one !laser trigger happy cop to clock them at <30kph and attempt to fine them for it.

I think the system works in its current state. It would be a bit silly for somebody to come on the forum and complain about being fined for it if the replay (which they should have checked for a time stamp at least) shows them doing below 30kph anyway.

To try and further legitimise the fine with a !laser in the context of slow speed would have unintended consequences, as outlined above imo.
What Tingle said. Voting no.
They should increase the minimum speed to 60kmh
No, there's an overtaking lane for a reason, and you do have an accident it'll be the faster driver's fault as they should be paying attention to the road.

Also what about all the noobies starting out in a UF1 and slow cars? Also you could abuse that rule by clocking people as soon as they enter the AB/Highway...

-1 from me.
To prevent abuse, a system could be implemented that will only start to take laser measurements that are <30 kph only if the car has been driving less than 30kph for atleast (say) 10 seconds.

Like when changing from a speed limit (120) to a lower one (100). There's a little delay before you can start taking laser measurements. Same could apply for the suggestion at post 1#

€: Anyways, It's not really that important. Witnessing someone doing <30kph for quite some time is enough to fine him.
Everything suggested... the only thing to contradict it is by saying "it will be abused".
The amount of time that people are driving at a continual speed of <30kph is negligible. Therefore there's no point adding this special case. It could be open to abuse too if someone is just getting up to speed after a junction or roundabout.
(2016-09-01 09:23)Adorable Wrote: [ -> ]To prevent abuse, a system could be implemented that will only start to take laser measurements that are Heart0 kph only if the car has been driving less than 30kph for atleast (say) 10 seconds.

Like when changing from a speed limit (120) to a lower one (100). There's a little delay before you can start taking laser measurements. Same could apply for the suggestion at post 1#

(2016-09-01 09:43)KooKoo Wrote: [ -> ]Everything suggested... the only thing to contradict it is by saying "it will be abused".

Yes , I agree with both posts.

It was not important suggestion , but something for proof the fine , same as we did for high speeds , but in low speeds.
(2016-09-01 07:27)KooKoo Wrote: [ -> ]They should increase the minimum speed to 60kmh

+1
Reference URL's