[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Prevent lasering at certain speeds + !unlocklaser
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Point 1:

Everyone's been there... You're lasering in your spot and somebody decides to park 30 feet diagonal to where you're lasering and all of a sudden your lasers are being directed towards the idle car. This means you end up missing out on those who are actually speeding.

My suggestion in point 1 is for the laser to only actually lock onto people who are either moving, or even better, breaking the speed limit.

Point 2:

The way in which the laser locks onto a car for a few seconds is helpful in some cases, but in those cases where it locks onto an unintended car, it can be an opportunity killer (as by the time you have the opportunity to laser the car you're trying to laser, they've already sped off). It would be good if we had an !unlocklaser command for us to be able to immediately refocus the laser on the intended target.

Thoughts on these small changes? I didn't wish to hijack Borja's thread.
If this was added then I wouldn't have to keep asking people could they move out the way so I can laser.

If it was possible to prioritize the laser based on speed then maybe it would work. Only problem is that the laser only works on cars that are in the tracker. If your tracker has locked onto an idle car, it won't be able to see past that car.

Edit: Never mind, your idea is to just have !laser as a separate thing to bypass idle cars.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something that's how I see it, feel free to explain if I'm wrong.

Point 2 is great, I wouldn't mind having that. Smile
No need for a new command, the tracker should simply ignore stationary cars when there are cars travelling at a faster speed.
If the tracker ignored stationary cars then you can't fine for illegal parking or chase in general.
(2016-09-01 14:04)Nismo Wrote: [ -> ]If this was added then I wouldn't have to keep asking people could they move out the way so I can laser.

If it was possible to prioritize the laser based on speed then maybe it would work. Only problem is that the laser only works on cars that are in the tracker. If your tracker has locked onto an idle car, it won't be able to see past that car.

Edit: Never mind, your idea is to just have !laser as a separate thing to bypass idle cars.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something that's how I see it, feel free to explain if I'm wrong.

Point 2 is great, I wouldn't mind having that. Smile

So with point 1, what I'm essentially suggesting is some autonomy between the laser and the tracker. That way, it is still possible to chase cars who are parked illegally or cars that are driving too slowly, but the laser would essentially ignore these and go straight to the cars that are speeding.

I.E. say there are 2 cars within 30m of you. Car A is nearer, there's a line of sight between you both and the speed of this car is 0mph. Car B is speeding past at 130mph, the tracker says 'Car A' but when you do !laser, I'm suggesting it skips Car A due to the low speed and goes to the next car, Car B, which is speeding. Meaning the tracker and laser aren't as dependent on one another, giving rise to some autonomy.

(2016-09-01 14:08)Adorable Wrote: [ -> ]No need for a new command, the tracker should simply ignore stationary cars when there are cars travelling at a faster speed.

I see what you're saying, but you may not always wish to chase the fastest car. This command would add flexibility, not remove it.
If someone is blocking your laser ask them to move -OR- just reset the laser to a position where it doesn't track the parked car?!
Thats hard sometimes bez.
Maybe you could get an options to remove players from your laser, but if you forget to re-add them you will miss out if they speed.

I know this would be potentially hard to add in but i think it is a bit better.
!unlaser or !untrack would be perfect commands for these. My suggestion is that those commands would delete parked car from laser until the car has moven.
(2016-09-01 18:31)Otava Wrote: [ -> ]would delete parked car from laser

Then how would you fine for illegal parking?
What about if you could type !laserignore and it would ignore the car currently in the laser until that car moved or you typed !laserreset? That way you wouldn't have to ask people in front of you to move and still be able to laser.
(2016-09-01 21:40)Jack Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-01 18:31)Otava Wrote: [ -> ]would delete parked car from laser

Then how would you fine for illegal parking?
Before you !unlaser
(2016-09-01 22:06)Renegade Wrote: [ -> ]What about if you could type !laserignore and it would ignore the car currently in the laser until that car moved or you typed !laserreset? That way you wouldn't have to ask people in front of you to move and still be able to laser.

This was what I meant with that post. +1
(2016-09-01 22:06)Renegade Wrote: [ -> ]What about if you could type !laserignore and it would ignore the car currently in the laser until that car moved or you typed !laserreset? That way you wouldn't have to ask people in front of you to move and still be able to laser.

Another idea, the laser could ignore stationary cars and when you want to laser a parked vehicle, pull behind and type !lasteridle?
Reference URL's