[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Automatic fine for Auto Greetings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Erm,

Just a question really to be honest, what was the whole reason behind actually implementing that fine? Isn't that a bit pathetic? Tongue I'm just saying it looks pointless.

Just wondering, thats all...
To discourage the use of it.

In my personal opinion, it's spammy & annoying.
(2016-09-06 20:17)BP Wrote: [ -> ]In my personal opinion, it's spammy & annoying.

Not to mention pointless, if you can't be arsed to greet somebody without using an automatic system then don't bother.
The pathetic thing in all this is people who can't be bothered saying hi to someone they'd like to say hi to. Bit of a lazy world we live in.
Just imagine 20 ppl using it...
To add to the list above, its also rather pointless greeting others when afk
Really can't get my head around why people even bother using it. Hands down the most pointless tool anybody could implement into their insim app.

Imagine you are AFK also, your app is still going to be greeting them.. Hardly a greet if you ask me.

[Image: eye-twitch.gif]
Not to mention people like to ad TC members to their buddy list in Lazy. This can become a problem if an admin joins while undercover. Then it's quite obvious.

I used to use it until I learned how to disable it. It can become spammy if you and a couple of friends all have the same or similar buddies, then there is like 6 messages saying hi when someone joins. If you wanna say hi to someone, just type it Wink 4 keyboard keys to press. "T > H > i > Enter" Tongue
To add to the above: Letting a machine greet your friends does only show how little your "friends" are worth to you. They aren't even worth enough for you to hold for a second and say hello to them with your own fingers. It's not even a hotkey, you don't even move a single finger and that is just downright rude. It's even worse than using a general "sorry" bind. Friends are the people in your heart, not in your list.
this is lfs, chuck. lol
What chuck said is still valid though. You can take the meaning as little or as far as you want, but if you have a program spamming greetings to people you can't be arsed actually typing to then its just a waste of a message.
More fines for all the rubbish players produce. please. thx
(2016-09-07 06:53)KooKoo Wrote: [ -> ]this is lfs, chuck. lol

Each one talking on this forum is a human so that does not make any difference. Online does not mean you can't have really good friends.

As said, the whole auto greeting thing should never have existed, its like playing LFS with autopilot, if we are going to automatize every thing we do, its easier to just quit.
Even if its just some online acquaintance. If they're not that important to you that you would greet them personally, I'd rather you say nothing at all.
I, for instance, don't even use binds for those things. If I say "heyo" it's typed in each time because I really mean it. Same for "sorry". If I really screw up, the least thing I could do is to apologise in a personal manner. Since that doesn't happen too often, it would be a wasted hotkey anywayWink
it will be ok when there is only 1 people using,but i think it should be fined when it is more then 2 people using at same time,also,it should be forced to turn off when it is you are afk,
And also,does it means you cant even say hello to your friend? because if someone has many friends,it will has many people says Hello to him,so... i got no idea why being friendly is wrong,even know it is spam,but if it makes someone happy then i think it has nothing wrong imo
(2016-09-07 10:27)FakeVettel Wrote: [ -> ]it will be ok when there is only 1 people using,but i think it should be fined when it is more then 2 people using at same time,also,it should be forced to turn off when it is you are afk,
Asking too much, it would be easier to disable it entirely. If not, fined accordingly. ez gg wp
ye sure about that,but most i want ask is about if someone have a lot of friend and they says "Hello" to him,will that count as spam or even not allow to? if it really is,then it maybe is not even allow to being friendly to others...
(2016-09-07 12:10)FakeVettel Wrote: [ -> ]ye sure about that,but most i want ask is about if someone have a lot of friend and they says "Hello" to him,will that count as spam or even not allow to? if it really is,then it maybe is not even allow to being friendly to others...

You're missing the point. It's not about greeting your friends per se, it's about using an automated system to do it.
Right ok,

I might not have been clear in the OP, I agree with the concept of the auto-greeting fine, because if your letting a machine essentially answer your friends as they come online, they aren't really your friends i'll be honest. But, it's just another fine for something that really should be common sense to people in the world of LFS and its clearly not.

Concept is good, the real thing is that its just a pathetic fine for something that should be generally common sense.
I would say it's more pathetic to fine someone for something that isn't common sense, than for something that is.
A lot of people were using this auto greeting feature - which isn't a good thing, for numerous reasons stated in this thread, so the fine was added to discourage it.
Wouldn't a world where everyone used common sense be great? Unfortunately, we don't live in that world so we find ways to overcome such problems.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's