[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: How to download, install and configure LFSMary!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I decided to put together this little tutorial on how to download LFSMary, install it into your LFS folder and set it all up to your preferences!

What is LFSMary?

LFSMary is an aid for COPs, MEDs, RES and TOWs, which helps you do your role better by adding buttons at the top of the screen which are shortcuts for binds, which can be fully configured!

How do I download LFSMary?

You can download it from LFS Forums, it is made by MariusMM. He has also released the source code for developers to work on the tool!

Download here.

I've downloaded it, now what do I do?

You should have a ZIP file with a folder called Mary, and inside the folder you have these 5 items:
  • Stats folder
  • Chatlogs folder
  • Skins.txt
  • Settings.txt
  • Mary.exe
Extract these files into your LFS folder and you're good to go, but we need to change a few things first!

How can I configure it to my needs?

So, open the settings.txt file! It looks like a scary place but should be fine when you get going.

Change your port to the InSim port you want and also change the key to your username (e.g. Key=mbutcher) Then change the functions to on or off. 0 is off, 1 is on.

I recommend setting your Mary keys to blank, except from the keypushbutton as they come up with text when using TCLights!

If you know how to, change button positions, then go down and change the names if you want to, followed by the functions for COPs and repeat the same for MED, RES and TOWs.

Extra buttons appear at the bottom of your screen. Change these if wanted as well. The numpad script are functions you can map to your numpad!

I've done all that, now how do I run it and use it?

Simple, run LFS, open the port to the one you set, and then join the server, change your tag to the desired role and you're good to go! You should see buttons at the top and 4 at the bottom. Simply click them to execute their function, or scroll with your scroll wheel to the desired button and then press your button key (default "altgr") to also execute their functions.

(NOTE: If the buttons disappear for whatever reason, just scroll down with your mouse scroll wheel and they come back)

Notes:
  • Buttons disappear if you pit, change role or go into AutoX Editor (SHIFT+U). See above note to fix
  • SIREN OFF at the top doesn't work properly as it's designed for old TCLights, double click it to turn it off.
  • This is nowhere bug-free and is un-finished, but it works! Smile

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and feel free to comment any errors or things I've missed out and I can update this!

Cheers,

Jack Biggrin
First off, nice program.
I can't seem to get cruise control to work, any idea if it only works for the newest version of LFS or does it even work at all?
Werent LFSmary forbidden on TC servers?

If im not remembering it wrong, it was a old InSim by GLOW and it gaves to much advantages.

Anyways, great guide
(2016-10-06 19:46)Tristatron Wrote: [ -> ]First off, nice program.
I can't seem to get cruise control to work, any idea if it only works for the newest version of LFS or does it even work at all?

It only works on mouse.

(2016-10-06 20:38)Borja Wrote: [ -> ]Werent LFSmary forbidden on TC servers?

If im not remembering it wrong, it was a old InSim by GLOW and it gaves to much advantages.

Anyways, great guide

I thought I heard something about it, if it is I'm happy to delete this thread
This version of LFS Mary is fine to use on the [TC] servers.
(2016-10-06 20:50)Jack Wrote: [ -> ]It only works on mouse.

I am using mouse, with the gas and brake set to the left and right mouse button as it said to do, when i try to use it in game it just goes flat out when I enable it, am I doing something wrong? Does it work for anyone else?

EDIT: Tried 0.6Q and still refuses to work.
(2016-10-06 22:26)Tristatron Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-06 20:50)Jack Wrote: [ -> ]-snip-

I am using mouse, with the gas and brake set to the left and right mouse button as it said to do, when i try to use it in game it just goes flat out when I enable it, am I doing something wrong? Does it work for anyone else?

EDIT: Tried 0.6Q and still refuses to work.

It could simply be outdated with 0.6Q or it's just broke, I'll give it a little test later on.
How do u get the cop hud up ect
(2016-10-07 15:12)Aussie Wrote: [ -> ]How do u get the cop hud up ect

What, getting the buttons up? You have to be on-duty for your desired role to make them come up
I also have another issue, while using the locator I can't hide the mouse no matter what, as someone who uses a mouse it is extremely annoying.
(2016-10-07 19:06)Tristatron Wrote: [ -> ]I also have another issue, while using the locator I can't hide the mouse no matter what, as someone who uses a mouse it is extremely annoying.

the !locate or?
(2016-10-07 22:47)Adorable Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-07 19:06)Tristatron Wrote: [ -> ]I also have another issue, while using the locator I can't hide the mouse no matter what, as someone who uses a mouse it is extremely annoying.

the !locate or?
The /o locate and also the auto locate (which is the same thing) it comes up with a HUD very much like the !locate command, but with this one for some reason when it is active the mouse stays on screen no matter what.
You need to hide every button that can be clicked, else the mouse will be visible.

Things you should do:
Press shift + z.
Hide connection list.
Type in-game: !setopt force_mouse 1
Remove ISB_CLICK flags, or simply hide the GUI.

€: Press shift + b, you can make buttons un-clickable Wink
(2016-10-09 11:22)Adorable Wrote: [ -> ]You need to hide every button that can be clicked, else the mouse will be visible.

Well that might explain the problem, the thing is when you use /o locate it comes up with a button you can press to disable the locator.......But anyways.
Press shift + z. -already did that from the start, does not work
Hide connection list. -makes no difference
Type in-game: !setopt force_mouse 1-also does not do anything
Remove ISB_CLICK flags, or simply hide the GUI.- not sure what exactly you mean by ISB_click flags, hiding the GUI also does not hide the mouse.
€: Press shift + b, you can make buttons un-clickable Wink- this hides everything, including the locator....

Side note, any word on the cruise control?
I'm not sure how thats suppose to work yet, you can set keys to control it in settings.txt, also you should open cfg.txt and set outgauge port to 30001.
Done all that, no change with anything. Something I did notice though while trying to get the cruise control to work is that it does not seem to be able to measure the current speed since it always remains at 0 while using it, which would explain why it goes flat out.
Set key="" to your username in settings.txt, that fixed it for me.
Already did that but seems my actual problem with the cruise control is I was testing it in single player, now I go to multiplayer it kind of works. By that i mean it does not hold the set speed at all, nothing close to it.

Edit: This is slightly fixed if you just set it to a speed higher then the actual speed you want to go, for example if you want 45mph setting it to 75mph seems to work, the only issue with this is that you can't set it for high speeds using this method as it only goes up to 140mph.
Reference URL's