[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: [HORNS] - HEMS Sirens [Whelen Alpha]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Simply download the siren file(s), re-name them to "HORN#" and place them in LFS/Data/Sound.

[attachment=53]
[attachment=54]
[attachment=55]
[attachment=56]

Josh.
Awesome sirens. The main one is really easy to notice from the distance.
when starting/changing siren i hear a horn of regular car
Nice sirens josh, cheers
(2011-10-17 14:45)Mobsine Wrote: [ -> ]when starting/changing siren i hear a horn of regular car
Thats because the horn (in the steering wheel) is used to change tone.
I want to know how he did it, I guess it's in the scripting?
I have 2 ways of changing horn tones; scripts and profilers.

For my wheel or xbox controller, I have it all done through the profiler (except for the airhorn where I use the KB buttons which use the scripts.

I also have 4 F buttons which run scripts.

F5 - //horn1
F6 - //horn2
F7 - //horn3
F8 - //horn4

This means I can change from one horn to any other horn with one button press. In the video I used the F buttons to control the sirens, although I can get the same effect when using my wheel.
I meant getting the horn sound between sirens, i'm guessing it goes to horn 1 before each change?

LFS scripts need wait and hold commands :/
(2011-10-17 16:48)McGherkin Wrote: [ -> ]I meant getting the horn sound between sirens, i'm guessing it goes to horn 1 before each change?

Quote:In the video I used the F buttons to control the sirens,

Yes, it dgoes, for example, from H5, to H1 and quickly to H4.
Alright, thought it was automatic lol
Easily done through Logitech profiler to get the sounds of Horn1, got mine on it in a similar fashion to Josh's Smile
(2011-10-17 20:46)Ash Wrote: [ -> ]Easily done through Logitech profiler to get the sounds of Horn1, got mine on it in a similar fashion to Josh's Smile
Might be easy to do, but would it be easy to explain for those who want it? Smile
Ill get up a tutorial in the morning, im just off to bed now Smile
Care to share your scripts? My horn changing scripts are a bit dated and flawed.. Sad
(2011-10-17 22:08)Ash Wrote: [ -> ]Ill get up a tutorial in the morning, im just off to bed now Smile
Thanks on behalf of everyone Tongue
Do you know if that Whelen alpha siren is like the most common one? I could swear that's the same one used as my local ambulance service (nwas) and also the same in johnner buses.
The Whelen Alpha is very common in the UK Smile
They are relatively cheap and reliable sirens (as well as their lighting and switching systems) and they sound damn nice too.
Nice horns Josh Smile
Awesome!!
Reference URL's