[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Possible lag fixer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I myself dont have a problem with lag since I dont live that far from the TC servers, but for those of you that have that issue this "tool" might help you. I sometimes play a game that requires redicilously low latency for it to be really enjoyable. Before knowing about this tool I couldn't really enjoy the game to the fullest since my ingame character would "minifreeze" for like 0.2sec every 5 seconds. This was almost completly solved after installing this though and I figured it might help some of laggers out there who live a tad to far away from the servers Smile

Quote from the site: "Leatrix Latency Fix will reduce your online gaming latency significantly by increasing the frequency of TCP acknowledgements sent to the game server. For the technically minded, this is a program which will modify TCPAckFrequency.

You will see reduced latency in many online games including World of Warcraft, Star Wars, Rift, Aion, Warhammer, Lord of the Rings, and more."

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/in...cyFix.html

If anyone decides to try it out please post here if you noticed any improvment Smile

And no I don't play WoW.
From Australia, I would love to hear from others if this works or not, as i suffer from distance lag.
Stickyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

nice tool! I dont have problems with it, but i can always try that anything improves or something Tongue
Hmm could this apply for RoR as well? It tends to be really laggy at times when certain vehicles can't load
Try it and find out Tongue
Has anyone tried it yet?
It just changes from 'Uninstalled' to 'Installed', but it didnt ask me to restart my pc, so i did myself. I can't see a new map anywhere on my pc or something, no program that is running...? Biggrin
Don't see it Tongue gonna try lfs now

EDIT:

FPS before install: 45
FPS after install: 90

Thumbs up for this program
jeeez you guys had too download speed ~5kb/s ?
no Tongue
lol...
im downloading it since 15min and got only 31,7kb.
Weird :/
(2012-03-17 08:33)Jappe Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone tried it yet?
It just changes from 'Uninstalled' to 'Installed', but it didnt ask me to restart my pc, so i did myself. I can't see a new map anywhere on my pc or something, no program that is running...? Biggrin
Don't see it Tongue gonna try lfs now

That's because it doesnt really install a program. It changes a value in the register. Thats all it does.
Before install:
[Image: 59104884.png]

After Install:
[Image: 59105131.png]

After Removal:
[Image: 59105276.png]
lol, strange Tongue

But it does work!
Just tried this now, and I can't say it's made a noticeable difference. But, will update if changes become more obvious.
I'm gonna give it a try now since I noticed my FPS can drop when my network lags
(2012-03-17 10:53)bullet Wrote: [ -> ]Before install:
[Image: 59104884.png]

After Install:
[Image: 59105131.png]

After Removal:
[Image: 59105276.png]

Haha nice.

Think mostly those who live far away from the servers but with a stable connection could notice a diffrence.
Woow, my LFS went from ~90-100FPS to 120-160FPS after installation, also MC lags less for me now!

Thumbup
(2012-03-17 11:32)ChrisM Wrote: [ -> ]Just tried this now, and I can't say it's made a noticeable difference. But, will update if changes become more obvious.

*cough* stable ping from down under Thumbup
(2012-03-19 10:56)Johan. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-17 11:32)ChrisM Wrote: [ -> ]Just tried this now, and I can't say it's made a noticeable difference. But, will update if changes become more obvious.

*cough* stable ping from down under Thumbup

Update: It may have improved, a bit. Tongue
Reference URL's