[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Random Christmas Presents On Servers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: images-string-of-christmas-lights-clipart-png.png]
Throughout December, until Christmas Day, you will find that certain objects will appear, somewhere, randomly within the server layout. These leads to a Christmas present of varying size and are provided by myself.

How to participate?

1. I will, occasionally, post in main chat that a Christmas present is lying around somewhere.
  2. It is now up to you to find it!
  3. You can use any method available in the game and server to search for the object and get to it.
  4. Server rules still apply, so no ramming each other out the way to get there first. Have fun and keep the Christmas spirit alive!
  5. To claim the present, you must knock over/hit the object that has been randomly placed, using your car.
  6. The first person to do so receives the present!

Tips
  • There's no specific time these will happen, or how many will happen, but are likely to happen at least once a day and some days, possibly more than once at different times. All depending on my availability.
  • Every few minutes, a hint will be given, until someone finds it. No hints at the starting minutes.
  • See image below for an example of the objects that will be used and how it could look.
  • The object will be placed somewhere that can be reached in a car, including OOB. Maybe not any car, but a car.
  • The harder it is to find, the bigger present you get.
  • I will be the judge as to who got it first. Should i miss it, i will simply fire up my replay.

Possible present content: InSim €, Cars, Games

[Image: xmasgiftsras.png]
Aw cool idea! Smile Will Insim detect when touched or do you watch over it
I just watch it.
Amazing idea Ras!
Good idea! Which server will this be taking place on?
Whichever is most populated.
lol ras
I purposely hit a cone randomly sitting on that road that runs parallel to Paddock Tunnel Way about 1-2 hours ago. Was it a gift?
Of course not. I wasn't online.
Similar to the game Connor plays when he hosts his DJ shows during gumball apart from this is with objects... Which will make it a lot more fun as they'll be harder to find as you can't spec where objects are Biggrin

Very fun, good idea!

I'm guessing there will only be one object at a time as you are having to watch them?
Correct Smile
Why can't you use insim to detect who touched it? Because more people would get gifts and it would be more fair in terms of who touched it first.
It takes a lot of work to code something in the insim. It's more than fair as I check the replay in slowmotion if any doubt.
Ras, maybe throughout the day you should announce that you are online and are going to be on the [TC] Events server, doing this. Maybe, maybe not. Just a friendly suggestion Wink
If anyone has some money or cars they don't use, I'd be happy to receive something to give away in this. Right now it all comes out of my own pocket. Already had some happy players receive stuff. More tomorrow!
I'm especially happy. Angel was especially mad but I'm happy to give some stuff to you in a little bit mate.
preparing an insim app for this huehue
(2016-12-04 18:33)Adorable Wrote: [ -> ]preparing an insim app for this huehue
What sort of insim app?
"You can use any method you like to search for the object."

To search for the new placed object?
(2016-12-04 18:50)Adorable Wrote: [ -> ]"You can use any method you like to search for the object."

To search for the new placed object?

Why cheat?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's