[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: CES2016 - SO - Super Mario World Speedrun
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 0a9cba09ac.png]

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

For the Christmas events this year, Street Obsessions decided to offer some fun to players that don't necessary have the time to join online events or events that have a set date (Like me). We then decided on a trio of competitions that you, the player, can do in your own spare time! All the events will run all the way till December 31st 2016. Let's have fun!

The second event of this series of competitions will be done inside a game that i'm sure everybody played in their youth and probably still play today. Super Mario World is in my opinion the best game ever made (don't quote me on that). We however will be playing it in a Speedrun kinda way. For those of you that don't know what i'm talking about, here's a video:

Following this quick video, here are the rules for this competition:

- Player has to complete Super Mario World as fast as possible
- The route determined is 11-Exit
- Player can attempt "cloud" bowser if they want (Good luck on that)
- Timer starts when pressing "Start" and ends when Peach appears at the end of the final fight

- Players can submit either a savestate replay, a Youtube video or anything else with a valid timer
- Players have to submit their entry here Before December 31st 23:59 EST
- The fastest run will win.

The winner of this competition will be awarded 20$CAD in Steam credits.
A minimum of 10 participants is required for the prize to be given away.

I'm sure everybody read the competitions, the rules and everything but hmm, just to be sure..

There's freaking 20$CAD in Steam money to be given away!!!!
[Image: canadian-20-dollars.jpg?quality=85&w=1100]

So it'll be awesome if people would participate, right? I mean, don't you want that extra 20$ in your Steam account for boxing day sales? It's all up to you.

Good job to everybody that participated. Unfortunately there were not enough participants for the grand prize to be given away.

Better luck next time!
Reference URL's