[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: CES2016 - SO - Longest Autocross EVER
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 0a9cba09ac.png]

[Image: 133377]

For the Christmas events this year, Street Obsessions decided to offer some fun to players that don't necessary have the time to join online events or events that have a set date (Like me). We then decided on a trio of competitions that you, the player, can do in your own spare time! All the events will run all the way till December 31st 2016. Let's have fun!

Okay i'll admit, this last one is Gigantic. [TC] wouldn't be [TC] without LFS. It's pretty straightforward that we have to at least have 1 event representing our game. This is a classic autocross layout that i'm sure everybody will enjoy.

Maximum Yard by UnknownMaster21. It's a 25.5KM track made around Westhill.

As always, here are the rules:

- Player has to complete a full lap around "Maximum Yard" in the fastest time possible
- Player can only use TBO cars (XRT, RB4, FXO)
- Player has to provide a valid replay to enter the competition
- Player has to keep a valid racing line at all times. 2 Wheels must touch the Road at all times.

- Players have to submit their entry before December 31st 23:59 EST
- Winner will be the fastest

The winner of this competition will be awarded 20$CAD in Steam credits.
A minimum of 10 participants is required for the prize to be given away.
Done this a few times already, hopefully that'll be an advantage. Tongue

But a really track, look forward to it! One question: Are we submitting replays in this thread?
(2016-12-05 19:36)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]Done this a few times already, hopefully that'll be an advantage. Tongue

But a really track, look forward to it! One question: Are we submitting replays in this thread?

Supposedly, yeah.
Seb, I think you need to add a new rule:

You must have at least 2 wheels on tarmac at all times

There are far too many places on this lap where people can cut straight over grass/kerbs.
18:07.48

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B81sXRo...sp=sharing

Only once (accidentally) I cut across a small section of grass. Otherwise when I was on the grass it was understeer.
Connor Wrote:Are we submitting replays in this thread?
Yes! You can submit your times here.

Pete Wrote:You must have at least 2 wheels on tarmac at all times
Indeed. New rule added.
Do the kerbs count as track as they normally would? Does the lap have to be from a stand still?
I would say kerbs are ok since they're usually part of the drivable route. The lap has to be from a standstill. There's no way I'm doing a 15 minute outlap Tongue
Hopefully it is from a stand still, still not sure what car is quickest
The FXO should be the fastest.
Tires can get pretty warm, XRT is faster out of the hairpins and at the start it looks like from driving with Renegade, tires also cope better
Nick did a 15.59 with the FXO on his 2nd try. His tyres were hot, sure but with practice he could go a lot faster.
Yeah I got a 15:54.00 with the FXO before with clipping a buggy wall and loosing a few seconds, I still feel the XRT may be able to go quicker
Sam Wrote:Kerbs? Standstill?

The lap is from standstill.
Kerbs are acceptable. As stated: "Player has to keep a valid racing line at all times."

Good luck!
16.25 on the second attempt, with an XRT, won 30 sec compared with the first one. However, I have some doubt on "where can I be some tenth faster?"

(2016-12-07 01:32)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]Nick did a 15.59 with the FXO on his 2nd try. His tyres were hot, sure but with practice he could go a lot faster.

Can I have a look at the replay ? I did 16.25 and I can't go faster, I don't know why... I know he's a good driver, then that's why I wanna have look at his driving techniques. Smile

Btw, my FFB smells hot, I should stop for today Angel

I'm sure everybody read the competitions, the rules and everything but hmm, just to be sure..

There's freaking 20$CAD in Steam money to be given away!!!!
[Image: canadian-20-dollars.jpg?quality=85&w=1100]

So it'll be awesome if people would participate, right? I mean, don't you want that extra 20$ in your Steam account for boxing day sales? It's all up to you.
I dunno if this is any good, could go quicker but don't have the time.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3eIDAx...JnaUE/view

Good job to everybody that participated. Unfortunately there were not enough participants for the grand prize to be given away.

Better luck next time!
Reference URL's