[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: A test for conf warnings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Make it like a MED/RES / Cop test that runs through basic rules if someone gets a conformable warning (Since sometimes just saying read the rules may not actually be done by the person)

I dunno how well it could be implemented but its another way to make sure reported people know the rules?

Maybe lock them to UF1 until they finish it too..?
If they're not smart enough to take note of the warning then they will simply lose their licence. I think it's a nice system already. I understand that it might act as a deterrent to breaking COP/TOW rules but I just think a warning is enough. What you are suggesting is similar to the steps they'll have to take to regain their licence if it was revoked anyway?
If a med/res causes enough trouble to receive multiple confirmable warnings, their license will be revoked which will prompt them to take the test again anyway.
Guys, I don't think this has anything to do with MED / RES, I believe he means a civilian test for players after a confirmable warning.
(2016-12-09 23:24)BP Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, I don't think this has anything to do with MED / RES, I believe he means a civilian test for players after a confirmable warning.

True. He only said that he want something similar to MED/RES/COP but for civilians.

Just for those amounts of reports with: In-game warning, or warnings in servers. Loooots of times Admins tell to users to read rules, so, for be sure that them read the rules, make a "simple" test for be sure that them have readed the rules.

Its a great idea for having ppl in server which knows the rules!

+1
Oh, I mis-read. Sorry.
(2016-12-09 23:24)BP Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, I don't think this has anything to do with MED / RES, I believe he means a civilian test for players after a confirmable warning.

I reference MED/RES as in the layout of it, simple clicky boxes with answers in the rules.
Looks like I might have misunderstood it too, it wasn't very clear.

If this is for civilians, then I guess this would be a nice idea.
(2016-12-09 23:48)Nismo Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like I might have misunderstood it too, it wasn't very clear.

If this is for civilians, then I guess this would be a nice idea.

It isnt the best worded, si. Its just so instead of going "Read the rules and say you've understood" Someone can idle for a few mins and go "Yup. Understood" this way it makes it so they have to have a grasp of the rules.
I personally ask people e.g. What does rule 1.1 say, if I tell them to read the rules and they are new. Test could be useful, even tho warning are usually given only for one thing, as many new players don't read the rules unfortunately.
What would happen if he fails to answer right in x amount of questions?
(2016-12-10 08:55)Sheep Wrote: [ -> ]What would happen if he fails to answer right in x amount of questions?

Wait 1 hour till next try, for be sure that he have the time for read them, of course, without permission to drive on servers.
(2016-12-10 08:55)Sheep Wrote: [ -> ]What would happen if he fails to answer right in x amount of questions?

Restrict to the VWS muahahaha
(2016-12-10 08:55)Sheep Wrote: [ -> ]I personally ask people e.g. What does rule 1.1 say, if I tell them to read the rules and they are new. Test could be useful, even tho warning are usually given only for one thing, as many new players don't read the rules unfortunately.
What would happen if he fails to answer right in x amount of questions?

(2016-12-10 09:03)Borja Wrote: [ -> ]

Wait 1 hour till next try, for be sure that he have the time for read them, of course, without permission to drive on servers.

Exactly what Borja says.
Maybe 1st fail; 30M then keep going in 30M incriments
I suggested something similar a while back http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...?tid=21304
Reference URL's