[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Rockingham oval rb change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was a bit annoyed how you couldn't carry along the oval because you had to stop for the rb, so I changed it a bit to see if it would be any better:
Old:
[Image: jv1nVmM.jpg]

New:
[Image: QREngjI.jpg]

You can see now you can either go to the rb, or carry on with the oval. Im not layout maker either no hate, but good idea or not?
Oh and I forgot to add back the exit from rb to the oval as I closed it, silly me
This was pretty much an intentional part of the layout design, in the same way that Kyoto has a roundabout you have to negotiate every lap. I can't see it being removed, as it makes it too easy to barrel round at top speed all day. The roundabout helps to encourage people off the oval and on to the track, otherwise the layout might as well be an oval and only an oval.
Funny how server one and two isn't as full as Server 3 at the moment...
(2016-12-17 15:13)Skoda Wrote: [ -> ]Funny how server one and two isn't as full as Server 3 at the moment...

Is this on the topic of the thread?
True, but some people just want to be on the oval? They'll just go through the rb, if they want to go to the inner part they'll know they want to turn off
The original version of the layout had a continuous oval but we wanted it to be broken up like it is on Kyoto to stop people from endlessly circling at full speed.
People would just lap the oval with no braking required, I think it's better to force traffic into the RB.
I see, I just thought it was annoying, that rb has some sharp angles if that makes sense. Guessing it won't get changed but fair enough Smile
I think that RB should be fixed and made neat. It's tight and you have to make sharp turns sometimes.
I understand that it needs to be there to slow down the traffic and not have people lap 24/7. But it would be nice if the entry was just a little less sharp indeed.
As mentioned above, make it smoth and all will be nice Smile
the rb is fine how it is I reckon..
Yes I agree with making it smoother
[Image: XLzb4E4.jpg]

vs

[Image: V6rxHN3.jpg]

Maybe not open that much up (am no pro remember) but would make it much better with all that left over space being used. Although you could then say people would just speed through it without stopping
Yup, RB needs to be changed
Banana, making it smother dosen't means make it fasther, its just to make the corner little destroyers Tongue But its a nice idea to be based on.
That's something you could speed thru again banana. I think just rounding up the 90 degree edges when you're entering would hlep.
Yea I basically made it a straight from entry to oval exit, maybe a bit less exaggerated
make the roundabout a bit smaller but keep the barriers the same on the out side
Reference URL's