[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Gaming PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've had a change of heart and am deciding to buy a new gaming computer because I recently have bought Grand Theft Auto 4 and it runs... terribly with mods (LCPD:FR and other police and texture mods). I expect to have a sum of around £400 after Christmas which is combined with my total now which is £190. (Not forgetting Christmas deals too)

Anyways, so I'd like to ask for some recommendations on what to buy (case, fans, ram, graphics card (if possible, nvidea) ect ect). So if you may, names and links please! Shy

Thanks in advance.
Current specs?
Currently using a laptop and I'm trying to get a custom made computer (I'm gonna be putting it together) if it helps
Well, GTA 4 wasn't the most optimised for PC.

Buy a GTX 1060, can support VR and isn't expensive for what it can offer to you.
I do agree there, Borja. Although it may not be the best example; even things like Garry's Mod, Team Fortress 2 and things like that.

And I know it isn't too expensive but would it really be ideal and work along side other parts that well (within my average price range)?
If you wait a bit and earn something more,

I5 4460 for 150€
GPU 250€
8gb ram 50€

450€ + ps + board + case = 600€.

Wait a bit, I don't recommend less than those products
If I was going to buy a new PC while trying to go as low as possible, this is what I'd get:

--
i3 6100 (110$)
GTX 1050 Ti (140$)
1x8GB of DDR4 RAM @2400(55$)
650W PSU +80 Gold Certified (70$)
PC Case (30$)
Motherboard (135$)
--
=> Total: 540 USD

These specs can run GTA V @ 60 FPS (Ultra settings).

If you wish to go higher, get an i5-6500 (80$ more) and a GTX 1060 (110$ more).
Sadly, you're unlikely to get a PC that will run modern games well for £400.

Also, you mentioned that you currently have a laptop. This means you still need a monitor, a keyboard and a mouse which you need to factor in too.
GTA 4 is terribly optimized.

If you want a gaming PC, you should save up. It will be more worth in the long run instead of going for a pc that ''kinda'' can run games. As a previous Pentium 4 user I can relate to only being able to play games like LFS and CS 1.6. You either get a system that's worth the buck or don't bother getting one at all.

Here's what I got.
Corsair ATX 2.31 VS Series 650W - 56.07 €
Intel® Core™ i5-6500 3.2GHz 6MB LGA1151 - 211.31 €
Kingston 8GB PC17000 DDR4 HyperX Fury KIT OF 2 - 40.32 €
Modecom Alien Black w/ Red Led (CASE) - 32.79 €
MSI AMD/ATI Radeon R9 380 4GB - 214.63 €
MSI B150MNIGHTELF - 86.81 €
Samsung S24E390HL - 144.00 €
Western Digital CAVIAR Blue 1TB SATA - 51.09 €
SteelSeries Rival 300 Optical Gaming Mouse Black - 71.52 €
SteelSeries QcK+ Gaming Mouse Pad - 18.40 €
NO SSD as I'm not that worried about loading times.
(2016-12-19 12:01)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]Sadly, you're unlikely to get a PC that will run modern games well for £400.

Also, you mentioned that you currently have a laptop. This means you still need a monitor, a keyboard and a mouse which you need to factor in too.

Had these already for ages. Not cheap stuff either. Cheers though
I bought my PC for around £370, that was without a graphics card as i recycled one, buying one after Christmas puts it to around £550. My system is fairly low end gaming IMO. I would say wait a bit and save up, it should help you too as i believe the new Intel CPU generation (7000) is coming out next year so the prices should drop for Skylake (My Dad got an i7-4770K when 5000 series came out and he got a decent price on it, better than it had been before)

Unless you really, really badly need a better PC you should wait until next year possibly even next Christmas if you only have £400 to spend. Fair enough, your budget might go up but if you wait prices might go down. Also, if you wait till late next year you could grab a deal on Black Friday or Cyber Monday........
i3/i5 and GTX1050ti/GTX1060 No need high Watt PSU, get 450w/500w Enough.

PcPartPicker: (say 191W. Power Consumption usage is 130w max with i5 and GTX1050ti)
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4NXtLD

Enough Pc specs can run GTA V or IV.

447 GBP. GG
Reference URL's