[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Corby for Track Rotation Schedule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys!

First I wish you all a happy new year. Smile
How about adding Corby to the regular Track Rotation Schedule in 2017?
People would have a good reason to buy S3, especially because the upgrade from S2 to S3 just costs 12£ And I'm sure that even with Corby the server would quickly have a high number of players.
Bad idea, why force people to buy S3?

Just keep it as it is
(2017-01-06 16:37)Morreboy Wrote: [ -> ]Bad idea, why force people to buy S3?

Just keep it as it is

Because its a nice track, you support the devs and you get any future content with your S3 license. Most of us are playing S2 for years now and at some point in life you come to a point where is it time for a change. Yes, we can! Wink

#makeLFSgreatagain
(2017-01-06 16:14)Datscher Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys!

People would have a good reason to buy S3, especially because the upgrade from S2 to S3 just costs 12£ And I'm sure that even with Corby the server would quickly have a high number of players.

Corby is already always on server 3, if you want it, go to server three. Even if it is put into the schedule it won't get that many people, if any to buy S3. The other non-S3 servers will just be filled up like what happened on Christmas. There is a reason so many people don't have S3 and that's because it's just not worth it yet and changing which server has an S3 track is on is not going to change their minds....

Quote:Because its a nice track, you support the devs and you get any future content with your S3 license. Most of us are playing S2 for years now and at some point in life you come to a point where is it time for a change. Yes, we can! Wink

#makeLFSgreatagain
I'm sure it's a nice track, but its a track that costs 12£. If you want to support the devs, go ahead support them, I'm sure most people who where able to already did, but nothing needs to change on TC until they add more content to S3 at least. As I said already, it's always on server 3.
It could be a nice move from [TC] To switch all their servers to S3, it doesn't cost much to upgrade anyways, and it'll support the Devs somewhat.

I think that one of the reasons Corby saw low activity is that TC3/2 were running S2 tracks.

Quote:if you want it, go to server three.

What's the fun playing in an empty server?
By putting Corby into the rotation we would be shooting ourselves in the foot.

We can't reasonably expect people to pay £12 for one track. When S3 gets more content, sure, S3 tracks may end up being in the rotation schedule for at least one of our servers until the majority of players have S3. Now is not the right time.
(2017-01-06 17:18)Tristatron Wrote: [ -> ]

Corby is already always on server 3, if you want it, go to server three. Even if it is put into the schedule it won't get that many people, if any to buy S3. The other non-S3 servers will just be filled up like what happened on Christmas. There is a reason so many people don't have S3 and that's because it's just not worth it yet and changing which server has an S3 track is on is not going to change their minds....

Quote:Because its a nice track, you support the devs and you get any future content with your S3 license. Most of us are playing S2 for years now and at some point in life you come to a point where is it time for a change. Yes, we can! Wink

#makeLFSgreatagain
I'm sure it's a nice track, but its a track that costs 12£. If you want to support the devs, go ahead support them, I'm sure most people who where able to already did, but nothing needs to change on TC until they add more content to S3 at least. As I said already, it's always on server 3.

To simulate a realistic traffic with 3 cars does not really make sense to your note but please drive on server three. Until recently I was also skeptical about S3, but it is not only Corby what you get, but all future content, which will be published in the next time (hopefully). And when people see that Corby is running on all 3 servers, it may give them the incentive to spend the ridiculous 12 pounds for S3.
(2017-01-06 17:32)Datscher Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-06 17:18)Tristatron Wrote: [ -> ]

#makeLFSgreatagain

To simulate a realistic traffic with 3 cars does not really make sense to your note
I'm assuming you're talking about how few people are on server 3 but you didn't really explain, care to?
Quote:but please drive on server three. Until recently I was also skeptical about S3, but it is not only Corby what you get, but all future content, which will be published in the next time (hopefully).
As I said already, I'm sure the people who felt it worth throwing away 12£ for one track and to support the devs already did, but for the rest of us (the majority) it's just not worth it yet.
Quote:And when people see that Corby is running on all 3 servers, it may give them the incentive to spend the ridiculous 12 pounds for S3.
Corby on 3 servers? That would be an extremely dumb move from TC that will never happen.
Ooh, I have a great idea, cut some of the TC community off for a week because they don't want to/cant buy S3, perfect idea, flawless, what kinda backlash would that make? None, no no, people won't just migrate to RC for a week because they cant actually play on TC since someone thought it was a brilliant idea to add a S3 only track to the rotation for everyone.

Its available 24/7 on a server, why alienate some people who cant/dont want to buy s3?

(EA take notes, this is your future)
Just following Pete with a comment here...

We have left a server on Corby for I dont know how long for I dont know how many times...and it remains empty or the least active. There is no reason to put it in our rotation at this time.
I voted no in the poll.

If we look back at Corby during the two weeks it was on One in the Christmas period, it was only ever properly full when the 2x bonus was first announce, otherwise it was nearly empty, with only a few people playing on it.
(2017-01-06 22:48)Thomas Wrote: [ -> ]I voted no in the poll.

If we look back at Corby during the two weeks it was on One in the Christmas period, it was only ever properly full when the 2x bonus was first announce, otherwise it was nearly empty, with only a few people playing on it.

That's LITERALLY the only time I've seen more than 3 players on at once, doesn't that speak numbers?

Here let me break it down:

Server - Map Corby

There are 2 major things that I believe can happen:

A: The S3 people head there, notice that server Two or One are more full, with more cops and more people, they can either stay in Server three with like 4-5 others, or migrate.

B: So now throw double money into it, where instead of +6 you can get +12, this makes getting more things easier and there is a point to the empty server, sure not many people will cop on there in this time, everyone just wants the money, if say server 2 had Blackwood with double income, people who don't like the map would drop their grudges and go to it. Why? Money, more of it, easier.

Now let me give my opinion on Corby, its much like Kyoto, people will stick to the oval and rarely venture into the middle section unless in chase (From what I could see).

Just a P.S, this is fully subjective opinion, not fact, this is taken from what I can see and what I believe is a real scenario for TC players and how they will react, this is IN NO WAY trying to slander or give any part of the TC community a bad name.

I would also like to say, I voted no, cutting the TC community without S3 off is a really bad move, people can venture elsewhere since cruise servers are on the rise again. Why force people to pay twelve quid so they can play on a server they enjoy for a week?

(Or is it because we all need some sunlight...? Wink )

Thanks for reading, sorry my last post was as rambly as a vlogger on the US elections.

-Huski
30 connections on b2r right now RO1, some great racing. Disliked as a cruise map, but first time racing on and its great, especially with xf/rg

ok there was till oval
Reference URL's