[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Need for speed; Carbon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been re-playing this fully.. Sure it doesn't take too long if you blitz the story as I did, but for an arcade racer its a great game, customisation could do some work, si but as I'm hardly a skinner / tuner I didn't really bother with the livery system, or even autosculpt, now its a great game, if you can pick it up for cheap on PC it does have wheel support (No FFB as far as I am aware)

If anyone is wondering I started the game with an:
Alfa Romeo Brera
I then moved to a:
Lotus Elise
Then I stopped at a:
Porsche Carrera GT

I obviously needed something for drifting apart from the Porsche (Cause that slides) I bought a solid RX-7 for that, it works enough, and I found that a Mitsubishi Lancer IX MR- Edition doesn't like going sideways, nor does a Soobie.

Adding in a small problem I've found with the game;

The canyon bosses are on rails, you can (and I've tested this) go into them at 200MPH right on the side, and they will not move.
NFS:Most Wanted (2005) is life. Nuff said.
Everything after Underground 2 was meh.
Everything after carbon was meh for me. Carbon wasn't as good as the previous ones but still way better than any of the new nfs games.
The most fun I had was with Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit. Me and some mates spent insane hours playing in LAN. Lucky peeps like me who had internet at that time could download many custom carsSmile
However, I do actually remember buying the first Need for Speed box from our local Media MarktSmile It was a revolution in car gaming.
I stopped following NFS games after Most Wanted. Never played anything after that.
the newer NFS games are the biggest pile of anuswagon i have ever played imo. underground and underground 2 are tied best with most wanted. old but gold.
I tried running underground 2 on Windows 10 but it just kept crashing after 5-10 mins, was such a good game!
(2017-01-16 15:19)Sam Wrote: [ -> ]I tried running underground 2 on Windows 10 but it just kept crashing after 5-10 mins, was such a good game!

Get virtual box and install it there Wink
NFS Hot Pursuit and Hot Pursuit 2 are the best in the series for me. Underground 2 and Carbon come next. I never liked Most Wanted or anything that came after Carbon.

I think if I had to suggest one game in the series, I would go with Hot Pursuit 2 for the PC. The PS2 version is fun too but it's a different game, not just a straightforward port. It's just a rewarding and fun game.
I FINALLY FINISHED THE DAMN THING
Reference URL's