[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: New Bl edits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I have a few changes I thought I would suggest for Bl Smile

#1,

This chicane bypass, its quicker to go through this bypass compared to the actual chicane. I saw many people doing this and Howlin telling someone to use the chicane as thats not its use. I thought would be suitable to add something to slow cars down:

Original
New
Just something to slow down cars going through there, possibly crashing slow cars trying to pit or park. Im lazy so only did 1 side but could be done on both

I know a bypass is a alternative route for cars but it surely shouldn't be faster and should be mainly used for pitting I think

#2,

About the new roundabout. I dont like it personally and I haven't seen anyone else that does. I feel like it just has no fluidity. Tight and in the way of that downhill/uphill corner which was one of my favorites. Everyone seems to go ww into the rb and ww out as that's the quickest way.

So maybe remove it or change it? I know not everyone will agree and some admins will say the rb is there to get people off the track and onto the back roads like rockingham, but there are very few people now on the track. A simple junction would be good. People just go to the storage yard and very few now use the rb so feel like its in the way

The same could be said with the other rb. I dont mind it being there but now you have to slow right down for it and you enter it facing straight into the island.

#3,

During chase or whatnot many people go across the roundabout over grass, this just causes many crashes and annoyance, so a simple barrier across it?

Original
New
Just to stop death being caused. I don't have a thing for rb's but it was just annoying.

#4,

Around the map there are some metal pole things, I guess to stop cars. However during a few chases people have been able to get away as uf1 or xfg for example can get through. Some cars like xrt cant get through, unless big speed which will cause damage. So could cover it up? I know its part of the map but can make for an unfair chase.

Thanks, Im not bashing its very good. Just some ideas Smile I hope you understand
Both suggestions are pretty solid, the little pit area was not intended to be used as a shortcut and should definitely have some barriers to stop it being used like one. The roundabout doesn't need to exist at all, it ruins a perfectly nice part of the track. My suggestion for changing it would be to remove it and block off that pitlane exit all together, you can still access the track and that road can still be used as the main way of getting to the track by way of the actual pit road.
All good suggestions. We're not entirely happy with the roundabout or the chicane and any other suggestions are welcome. I plan on having a stab at reworking Blackwood Road and the chicane bypass soon. As for the Industrial Estate roundabout, we'll add something across the middle in both directions (N-S and E-W) to stop people from blindly cutting it.
Preferably white-red barriers on the grass rb.. easier to spot at start... saves a trip to the nearsst pitbox... can u also mark the safe spots in blue like some other layouts? I noticed that there are minor differences between the layouts in 2 servers.. when everything is completed check it out... mostly it is about pit boxes...

1 question. As a cop I did a run from one side of the stunt track to the other...I noticed the overspeed message while in the stunt area. is there a global speed limit for cops on the said track-area?
In case that you admins want to check this thread for see the suggestions, I post here the comments made in other thread.

(2017-02-01 20:49)Borja Wrote: [ -> ]The layout it's great, but I have one suggestion.

How about adding a roundabout at the end of Industry Lane?
You can get lot of speed from Storage Yard, and came into Industry Lane very fast, and can be a bit dangerous for those ones who want to join the road with someone driving at those speeds.

Also, just for adding something more "cruise-able" rather than having nothing.

Apart from this, everytying excellent!

(2017-02-01 22:03)Nismo Wrote: [ -> ]Agree with borja here, crashes are funny but I think there should be something like a roundabout to separate the stunt zone from the main road, for cruising reasons.

A roundabout probably wouldn't work there and it probably looks stupid but yea..

(2017-02-01 22:52)Blade3562 Wrote: [ -> ]Why not just a barricade across on ramp style. Have a chevron style barricade splitting left right?

These are across the street from where I work. Hope the link works. Use street view to really get an understanding, but I think this is the best application for that location.
https://www.google.com/maps/@41.5111301,...a=!3m1!1e3
https://www.google.com/maps/@41.5142271,...a=!3m1!1e3
(2017-02-02 03:09)dyzio2206 Wrote: [ -> ]1 question. As a cop I did a run from one side of the stunt track to the other...I noticed the overspeed message while in the stunt area. is there a global speed limit for cops on the said track-area?

When you're in a zone, it grabs the speed limit of the closest road to you and applies that speed limit.
Although not specifically related to theese suggestions, i'd still like to comment on general layout changes as its kind of related.

Please bear in mind that alot of players enjoy the cops 'n robbers part of TC, both as a suspect and as a cop, and that there are a lot of drivers of average skill. Those often struggle to drive safely and fast especially at narrow sections. By clustering everything with barriers, railings and roundabouts, you are increasing the gap between better drivers and average/lower skilled players. You are also killing the real fun of chases. Pitting, maneuvring and boxing techniques. Nowadays almost all chases dont last longer than 10minutes, because most of the pits send the suspect into barriers and railings and chases end due to damage.

I do understand that there are alot of ignorant players/wrongwayers and so on. But imho its getting too much since the objectlimit was raised. I think for the same reason South City is disliked. Its just too narrow. Even tiny mistakes lead to a totalled car, while on wider roads it just causes minimal loss of time.

You might consider prefering tirestacks over railings to seperate lanes, as they can cause some damage and prevent people from wrongwaying too much, but still leave some room for slight mistakes. Of course at dangerous spots railiings make more sense, but with the maps getting bigger and bigger, chances of oncoming traffic are getting lower and lower.

Ontopic: #1 and #3 are good changes, i'd still prefer no roundabout at all on BW road. The safezone has already like 4 exits.
(2017-02-02 14:33)Bee Wrote: [ -> ]Although not specifically related to theese suggestions, i'd still like to comment on general layout changes as its kind of related.

Please bear in mind that alot of players enjoy the cops 'n robbers part of TC, both as a suspect and as a cop, and that there are a lot of drivers of average skill. Those often struggle to drive safely and fast especially at narrow sections. By clustering everything with barriers, railings and roundabouts, you are increasing the gap between better drivers and average/lower skilled players. You are also killing the real fun of chases. Pitting, maneuvring and boxing techniques. Nowadays almost all chases dont last longer than 10minutes, because most of the pits send the suspect into barriers and railings and chases end due to damage.

I do understand that there are alot of ignorant players/wrongwayers and so on. But imho its getting too much since the objectlimit was raised. I think for the same reason South City is disliked. Its just too narrow. Even tiny mistakes lead to a totalled car, while on wider roads it just causes minimal loss of time.

You might consider prefering tirestacks over railings to seperate lanes, as they can cause some damage and prevent people from wrongwaying too much, but still leave some room for slight mistakes. Of course at dangerous spots railiings make more sense, but with the maps getting bigger and bigger, chances of oncoming traffic are getting lower and lower.

Ontopic: #1 and #3 are good changes, i'd still prefer no roundabout at all on BW road. The safezone has already like 4 exits.

absolutely agree!! i would wrote "+10000000000000" but it would be a pointless post.

There is no need to have barrier on every junction to separate lanes.
@Bee:

Finding the sweet spot between having to have central reservations consisting of solid/physics/chalk objects is a problem we've faced since day 1.

Generally we try to stick to this system:
  • Corners which are considered to have a high risk of traffic spillage onto the wrong side are divided by solid objects (armco).
  • Corners with a medium risk of spillage have physics object (tyres, posts) to divide them.
  • Corners with low risk of spillage have chalk objects (white lines).

We'll take all of these suggestions on board and in our next version (probably early in the weekend) will hopefully make the map more enjoyable for you all. Smile

I will be coming up with a few ideas to try and get rid of that roundabout on BL road and I'll post those ideas here for you to discuss.
I suggest for the roundabout on the track to be removed and have a T bridge on top like the one in the Kyoto layout on the AB, near SZ 2.
I made another suggestion, #4. Thanks pete and others for working on it Im not complaining at all Smile I agree with Borjas quotes as well something could be done with that entrance/exit. Having a barricade left/right would be better I think compared to a rb as there's only 2 entrances/exits
Well spotted on #4 Banana, there was a similar issue when Westhill was first released. TC managed to patch up all the gaps in the fences and it was much better. Hopefully we should be able to see the same over the next few weeks. Smile
Reference URL's