[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Skype spam msg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear cruisers!

Well, today I spot with a important problem. By some reason, from my Skype account, have send an spam link to every contact I have in. Obviously, the link its something for earn easy money bla bla bla.

I'm curious of how can be this possible? The msg has been send at 5.12 A.M. when my PC, laptop and mobile was off, so no chance to send anything. How?

I have write the comand /showplaces for check if my acc was open in any not know place for me, but seems to be fine. Also, skype block my account and request me to change the password.
I am doing an Avast scan, Malwarebytes scan too, anyother advices?

Thanks!
I had the same problem, my brother rang me up to ask what had happened because he was receiving them from me, I then told him I was getting them from him too.

I've seen it happen to lots of skype accounts, my PC is perfectly fine and it's not infected with anything so yea..idk lol.
(2017-02-14 13:40)Nismo Wrote: [ -> ]I've seen it happen to lots of skype accounts, my PC is perfectly fine and it's not infected with anything so yea..idk lol.
Im scanning it, but shouldn't find anything infected.

What scary me its, how is it possible, if everything was off?
This is a spam message/virus that gets passed onto everyone on your Skype friendslist even if youre not online or not even clicking the link. Its been going on with my Skype for months so im not even using Skype anymore. And ive seen no ways to fix it either.
Haven't had any problems with skype myself. I use it to talk to Meg 24/7.
I use skype daily and no issues. Everyone who sent me a similar link found out that there was some small program installed in their computers that was sending this spam or their password was simply too weak.

https://community.skype.com/t5/Security-...-p/4335201

Officially, all you can do is change the password and check your computer for viruses etc. But this is not something that happens out of the blue randomly to everyone.
(2017-02-14 14:41)Jedi Wrote: [ -> ]This is a spam message/virus that gets passed onto everyone on your Skype friendslist even if youre not online or not even clicking the link. Its been going on with my Skype for months so im not even using Skype anymore. And ive seen no ways to fix it either.
Oh well,... thanks for your explanation!

(2017-02-14 14:57)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]Haven't had any problems with skype myself. I use it to talk to Meg 24/7.
I never had in the past 5/6 years that I have been using it, using same as you.

(2017-02-14 16:29)Frozen Wrote: [ -> ]I use skype daily and no issues. Everyone who sent me a similar link found out that there was some small program installed in their computers that was sending this spam or their password was simply too weak.

https://community.skype.com/t5/Security-...-p/4335201

Officially, all you can do is change the password and check your computer for viruses etc. But this is not something that happens out of the blue randomly to everyone.
I just don't remember downloading/installing anything, only updates for windows/spotify/java etc. But nothing strange.

I have scanned and anything was found.

I think that my password was strong. But, Skype have blocked my acc this night and I have changed it to one more stronger.
Thanks for your info!
Has nothing to do with weak password, for some reason when a friend of yours has an account thats sending out the links to you, it will make your account send out the same messages to your friends. My password was not compromised at all.
Also changing password wont change anything anyways as its bypassing it by not even hacking into your account somehow.
This is a problem with skype itself imo.
Reference URL's