[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: "SIREN" but for MED/RES responding to W/DANGER calls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

Just wanted your thoughts on an idea of mine. Instead of having no one move out the way for MED/RES, I thought we could implement a feature for MED/RES that says EMERGENCY, or MEDICAL, or FIRE, or AMBULANCE or something when responding to calls (only those with danger). It's bad enough for cops trying to get through, let alone MED/RES.

In real life they still have the same exemptions when responding as police, as blue lights and their requirement give them that.

Just a thought. Answer poll above.

Quattro10V
(2017-02-16 18:33)Quattro10V Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys,

Just wanted your thoughts on an idea of mine. Instead of having no one move out the way for MED/RES, I thought we could implement a feature for MED/RES that says EMERGENCY, or MEDICAL, or FIRE, or AMBULANCE or something when responding to calls (only those with danger). It's bad enough for cops trying to get through, let alone MED/RES.

In real life they still have the same exemptions when responding as police, as blue lights and their requirement give them that.

Just a thought. Answer poll above.

Quattro10V

I don't understand what you're suggesting.

Where would this message be?
(2017-02-16 18:38)BP Wrote: [ -> ]Where would this message be?

If I didn't understand it wrong, its like a !siren

Even it's a good idea, nowadays for some reason, people are not respecting sirens as how it should, so adding more priorities to other services will be more confusing and think that will be less efective, causing more reports for ignoring the sirens.

So, neutral point.0
I would say +1 if there were actual visible strobe lights in LFS, until then, it's just more flickering "SIRENS" on the screen, leaving all normal players in doubt what is actually going on. I already find it hard enough to interpret the visual sirens correctly, so giving more people the ability to use them would make things even worse. So bottom line, it's a -1 for me.
+1, makes it more realistic, cause what person would go "Oh just an ambulance, I can cut him up and not bother moving out of the way for him, pff" well, everyone bar most UK BMW drivers I've seen.
+1, because safety is important and this will bring more safety IMO, even when people aren't moving, because they know atleast that we're responding.
MED/RES'-cars actually doesn't have priority above other cars but i always like it when people make space for me when i'm responding, because i'll be earlier on scene.
I think the chance that more people will make space will be bigger.
(2017-02-16 18:42)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]I would say +1 if there were actual visible strobe lights in LFS, until then, it's just more flickering "SIRENS" on the screen, leaving all normal players in doubt what is actually going on. I already find it hard enough to interpret the visual sirens correctly, so giving more people the ability to use them would make things even worse. So bottom line, it's a -1 for me.

I see your point, but agree with what Wouter has said in that people will still make more room than they do currently. A lot of MEDs and RESs just blast sirens and stupid things like that for the sake of it. Having it only come on when responding to an incident with danger will be beneficial as people will know it's serious and also probably get out of the way.
I usually move out of the way for medics when possible. I don't give them any priority as such but I do try to let them past where I can.

With MED/RES being available to new players on the server, would that cause further problems if they're given this 'priority'?

I like the idea though, because you're right MED/RES irl do have the same way of responding as police.
The Rescue/Medic job is currently, in my opinion, too much accessible to pretty much everybody.

As Nismo stated, it might cause problems.
(2017-02-17 12:33)Yukine Wrote: [ -> ]The Rescue/Medic job is currently, in my opinion, too much accessible to pretty much everybody.

As Nismo stated, it might cause problems.

I'm not suggesting it's a command that can be typed !medical etc. Just one that is automatically enabled when responding to calls with danger. I suppose it needs to have a way to be disabled though.

Perhaps there is to be a way to make it not accessible to everyone straight away, or that they need to have answered difficult question regarding the siren and the privileges you get with it.

I still feel like it will be great for MEDS and RESS to be able to benefit from the fact they can use lights and sirens. TOWs are the ones that aren't an 'emergency' service.
This would help a lot as when I'm patrolling as a COP I sometimes see RES/MED's responding with just their strobes on with no siren, and it's hard to see their strobes on when they're responding at speed. I think a !siren command would be helpful, maybe the SIREN text could be a different colour to tell the difference? My opinion is mixed so +1 -1
+1, Will be more realistic
+1.
However, with the "MED available to all new players" issues that may occur, maybe make MED/RES test available at only XXX km driven? So new ones don't immediately think like being a Rescue means everyone has to part the ocean like Moses?
This way if the "RESCUE" siren thing that is being suggested is indeed introduced, it won't be abused/people will understand it better.

Idk, just my two cents.
Cheers
(2017-02-19 11:52)AOR Nova Wrote: [ -> ]+1.
However, with the "MED available to all new players" issues that may occur, maybe make MED/RES test available at only XXX km driven? So new ones don't immediately think like being a Rescue means everyone has to part the ocean like Moses?
This way if the "RESCUE" siren thing that is being suggested is indeed introduced, it won't be abused/people will understand it better.

Idk, just my two cents.
Cheers

I think you have to have over 1000kms on [TC]
I'd say it would be cool if you could become a Tow at 500kms, then you could become a Med/Res at 1500kms. I think that way it's really payed out, but that's my opinion.

As per the idea itself, +1.
Reference URL's