[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: 2017 - Formula 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if any of you are interest. The 2017 season for F1 is just round the corner and the big boys are soon to release their cars this week! Testing will also start Next week in Barcelona.

It's been a dominant few years for Mercedes but the gaps are being closed and this year looks like it will be set for an epic year!

Radical aero changes and mechanical changes regarding traction were introduced to make this season host the fastest ever F1 cars and possibly racing cars in the history of motorsport. Bigger and wider tyres, and more downforce!

I'm a big fan of Button (Though he has stepped down from the drivers seat this year) and Alonso also a big Mclaren fan so I'm very interested in what happens this year.

Renault are releasing their car right now! If you're interested:

So far, Williams and Sauber have released graphic representations of their cars:

Williams:
[Image: f1-williams-fw40-launch-2017-williams-fw40.jpg]

[Image: f1-williams-fw40-launch-2017-williams-fw40.jpg]

Sauber:
[Image: f1-sauber-c36-launch-2017-sauber-c36.jpg]

Saubers car looks incredible in my opinion with their 25th-year-anniversary livery! Hope they can do well this year.

As an engineer, the technology in F1 currently is simply incredible with how strict the FIA is. Can't wait to see the likes of Red bull, Mclaren and Ferrari!
That Sauber looks pretty sweet, hopefully they'll see out the season. I only say that as they had money issues last year. Can't wait for the first race though Biggrin
Nice newest and more grip with bigger and wide tyres will faster race than old!
Ferrari released their F1-car today, called the 'SF70H':

wow, i might of made a slight mess in nicks pants
These cars are beautiful and better then last year imo,looking forward to the new season will be more exciting!
Mclaren released their beauty the other day. Classic Orange, love it! Sounds healthy on the filming day too, although I'm unsure whether they're using the 2016 engine for the filming day or the 2017 engine.

Interesting nose design though.

[Image: McLaren-F1-car-2017-771605.jpg]

[Image: C5bPG8hWcAAfxr4-941x529.jpg]

[Image: uszvozqzcvhpktr5hxpq2sqscewmonys__r3i519...amp;crop=1]

Mercedes is the first car I've seen without a distinctive sharkfin. But it looks like they're trying out an alternative T-wing in replacement (which you can see in the first image). It looks strange with the extra T-wing but otherwise it looks damn good!
[Image: 1487875527991.jpg]

[Image: 20170223_03-header-1700x850-1700x850_0.j...k=4SiLih-O]

[Image: XPB_859559_HiRes.jpg]

RedBull and Haas have released their cars but no official images just yet by the looks of it.

However, the Haas was somehow leaked prior to the launch haha.

This is what it looks like this year:
[Image: Haas-2017-2.jpg]

Love the Haas color scheme.
Best one

[Image: C5m1YeyXEAEvY05.jpg]
Some first day testing Smile

I love the Sauber skin, but at the end of the day.. Hamiltons Fault.
Damn,it sounds much better then last year imo
Sounds noisy and aggressive. Sounds much better than the previous years. Just needs refueling to return then 20,000+ rpm limits to bring back the real noise of F1

But the engines are a masterpiece of technology with the restrictions they have but still produce over 800hp to the wheels!
Awesome! Finally after 7 years ill start watching again.
Reference URL's