[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Jobs for cops,res,tows etc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an idea! Cop, Res/Med and tows jobs are boring sometimes. We need something new! I tought some new jobs. In some maps there is roadworks and they makes traffic so dangerous at some times, so if cops and res/med and tows can lead the traffic when there is only one lane to use, of course they have like 15-30mins when they do it and then the leader changes, good idea?

-Mikzu
The new jobs are?
Inb4: We never has jobs, we dont want jobs, tc is unique, tc is cruising, tc is TrafficCops.
People keep suggesting jobs of different varieties every other month or so. They've never been implemented.

I can see the idea behind your suggestion about the roadwork, but I don't think many people will be that interested in actually doing it since it sounds like a pretty tedious thing to do.
Also what would you actually DO to control the traffic flow? I'm sure people would just use it as a bait to get into chases.
If roadworks were an available thing that cops and stuff can do, I'd be on that like flies on a nice birthday cake. (Yes I'm tedious!)
Correct me if im not mistaken (TC) But as far as the directing traffic and setting up roadworks, isnt that possible through the HWA if he would want to set it up (Whomever it may be)?

"I thought some new jobs. In some maps there is roadworks and they makes traffic so dangerous at some times, so if cops and res/med and tows can lead the traffic when there is only one lane to use" - Miksu
Not sure that's any more interesting. It's not something that tends to happen irl. They just follow signs etc.

Problem is with cops being able to set up roadworks is that it would just end with crap everywhere.
Yeah, I don't really think this is a needed job at all really. As far as I know, we put down arrows and lights on every roadworks, and this is enough.

Also this was in General Discussions so I moved it to the Suggestions forum.
i think this can be a little bit boring sometimes,but it would be very interesting that cops could do some type of control.
(2017-03-05 09:49)BP Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I don't really think this is a needed job at all really. As far as I know, we put down arrows and lights on every roadworks, and this is enough.

Also this was in General Discussions so I moved it to the Suggestions forum.

I agree. Some sort of authority during road closures for accidents would be fab for cops.
The idea suggested in the OP could already take place as part of roleplay, so long as you say your intentions clearly in chat. If there are any admins online they may offer to help you control it all if you ask.
(2017-03-02 15:41)Audiojack Wrote: [ -> ]People keep suggesting jobs of different varieties every other month or so. They've never been implemented.

The problem with all of those were that they were simply not "worthy" or thought out thoroughly enough to be done or simply impossible. There's a big difference between having a random idea like "hey, i wanna have a delivery job" and actually implementing a feature that is not only technically possible but also offers some actual addition and repeating fun.
I think many people don't even understand the technical boundaries of which Insim is limited by. Some people even asked me to change things in LFS.
(2017-03-07 17:31)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]The idea suggested in the OP could already take place as part of roleplay, so long as you say your intentions clearly in chat. If there are any admins online they may offer to help you control it all if you ask.

I remember an awesome roleplay scene of an accident on the Highway in the city map. ASH had contraflow system and barriers up and big notices across the screen. Went on for a good 40 minutes. Was so useful being able to rescue someone without getting rammed like mad.
Reference URL's