[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Autojoin Chases
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello TC community.

I would like to suggest that Autojoining a chase is against rules.

I and other cops are getting pissed when we wait for a chase, then someone request and a guy with autojoin who isnt ready at all joins the chase, and we other dosnt have a chance.

What you think?
Autojoin is just awful and disrespectful to other cops
I hate autojoin, example when I'm very close to chase and he calls for backup other join because auto..
I hate third party insim apps all together if im honest, they have some good features but i just like to play 'vanilla' Tongue

I do agree that auto-join isnt a good feature.
We'll discuss this internally and hopefully get a proper response soon.
So autojoin is annoying but spamming the !join command isn't? Smile
As almost everyone before said, I don't like it too. It's not fair and in my opinion used only by desperate cops who want to earn as much XP/money as possible.

But from the other side it would be hard/impossible for normal player to prove that someone is using it. Only thing he can do is say to TC member that someone is suspected for using autojoin and then this TC member can check chat logs to search if suspected player joined chase right after backup has been called (as I'm not TC I don't know if server chat log saves it, but I think it saves).
Who uses my app anyways? no more than 3 players no?

Quick note: It was removed in the latest version.
Not only for your app, Ad. Also, for avoid people from spamming !Join, a system like we have when he pit and want to join the track, it says "to early to join the track" (or something similar).

Same should happen here, not allow cops to press !join for to much times
A very good idea! I once saw a cop who had flipped his car and he did !join and he was stuck waiting there for a few mins
This is the only ideal solution:

Quote:if the community wants such thing, it was already suggested in here: http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=6697
I don't think there is any proper solution except people should really start respecting each other more. The lack of respect to other people from some has been shocking after I returned from my "break".. For example, I organize a small fun uf1 chase with friend, and another friend is supposed to join as backup with uf too, but instead fz5 joins in and won't leave because there is no rules saying he has to and busts the suspect instantly ruining everyones fun. I think that is just act of disrespect and fights against rule which states respect other people. Autojoin is pretty much the same thing. "fun" chaces are and will be part of TC and I don't want to see them ruined by greedy cops who just think of themselves
well even it will be forbidden, these apps (autojoin, showing suspect´s way etc.) nothing can recognize they still use it or am i wrong?
(2017-03-04 21:13)Jacob Wrote: [ -> ]well even it will be forbidden, these apps (autojoin, showing suspect´s way etc.) nothing can recognize they still use it or am i wrong?

Also thinking the same question, some features that insim apps have can be considered cheating tbh.

but that's for another topic.. Tongue
Sometimes i see chases that the cops dont know what to do and they destroy the chase of the first cop.
So +1
(2017-03-04 17:46)Borja Wrote: [ -> ]Same should happen hear, not allow cops to press !join for to much times

+1
Perhaps if !join follows backup within 500ms then ignore the request, if multiple !join commands (from different cops) are detected within say 501ms and 1500ms, the successful !join goes to the nearest cop.

It was only a matter of time before this was complained about.
On the side of people spamming join since this thread seems to also be covering those. Anyways my idea is if insim detects lets just say a user type !join 4 times in a row his !join requests are ignored for lets say 10 secs. Just a random idea, probably floored.

Edit:Reading the thread more, basically what borja said
I don't know if it will be ever possible, but the cops who are the nearest to the chase should join first. As backup is "urgent" and as you need to be as fast as you can to catch up the chase, I don't understand why cops at the other side of the map can join before cops just behind the chase,
I don't know if it's clear lol
Would be nice if the cop that is further away have a "delay" to join, and the cop that is very near dont has as much delay as the cop further away. So the cop that is near can join first.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's