[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: MP: Out Of Stash Space error; what to do?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

At the moment I am playing without multiplayer replay enabled, since when I do that, I often get the error message:

MP: Out of Stash Space

Which often makes me time out on the server, sometimes it recovers itself but other times I am kicked. Are there any settings I can fiddle with to prevent this from happening? Or is it my internet, which is a lot quicker than it used to be, but still cant keep up with Multiplayer replay?

Thanks in advance,

Marty

NB: Yesterday I noticed that I would suddenly time out as well, connection totally fine but after 5-10 minutes I would get a lagspike which made me time out. Any one else had this issue? It worked totally fine up until 400kms and then it started happening (bb 400kms trip grr).
It happens to me a lot even with stable connection, but wasn't able to fix it yet unfortunately.
it also occurs to be quiet often, but i don't recall getting time out kicked for it. Still any way to solve it?
Scawen says there isn't a solution, it is due to connection though.
The problem is with lag and recording the replay. It's usually caused by a high latency or jitter on your end of the connection. It can also be caused by other lagging drivers or the server, but because many people on TC (like me) never experience this, it's most likely down to your own connection.
Its strange since nowadays my UDP is fairly low (20-50 ms ping) but sometimes it seems like it cant keep up. I never experience this on the internet (LFS is the only multiplayer game I play on my pc so no experience with other games), but especially yesterday and today its really bad for some reason. Strange that browsing the internet doesnt cause any problems at all.

Thanks for the replies and hints guys Smile
(2017-03-26 16:35)Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Its strange since nowadays my UDP is fairly low (20-50 ms ping) but sometimes it seems like it cant keep up. I never experience this on the internet (LFS is the only multiplayer game I play on my pc so no experience with other games), but especially yesterday and today its really bad for some reason. Strange that browsing the internet doesnt cause any problems at all.

Thanks for the replies and hints guys Smile

Sometimes a simple router reset has helped.
http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...ight=stash

Does this help? Very recent thread.

Also, moving this to a more appropriate forum. You're not suggesting anything, meaning the suggestions forum isn't the right place.
Thx BP for moving it, wasnt aware of there being a better forum for it.
I changed the UDP to TCP as suggest in that topic and yesterday I could drive 300km+ without a hiccup, seems to work when changed to TCP, but I will keep an eye on it.
But the downside is you have to change from UDP to TCP everytime you connect to a server.
(2017-03-27 17:36)Pinkz Wrote: [ -> ]But the downside is you have to change from UDP to TCP everytime you connect to a server.

Oh well, I only connect to the TC CityDriving server, and before I drive off I change it to TCP. Initializing LFS Lazy and TC Lights takes longer Wink
Reference URL's