[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: !suspect bind for civilians?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

I was driving on Jamaica today, and I caused a massive crash with a suspect.
He was about 250 metres away from cops, and drove with about 160-180 km/h over the bridge towards the crossing. I just got a green light, drove away and we collided.

At that point I just got the notification there were sirens about 280 metres away and incoming, and just at that point I realised I prob ran into the suspect.
Would it be possible to have a !suspect bind,so we can identify the suspect, as well as the police cars? Obviously that bind shouldn't be visible for cops, but at least civilians will know where the suspect is in relation to the other cops, and we know we have to watch out for faster/more risk taking drivers.

I do realise it could help cops if other civilians would keep cops update on the location of the suspect, but I believe I heard about a program which lets cops track the suspect anyway, so that might not be a real issue.

Good idea or ready for the scrapheap?
Putting a locator-like marker over suspects (visible to non-cops) only is not a bad idea in my opinion. By locator-like, I mean the sort that appears over a car when you use !locate, the one that appears over cops that are using !siren and the one that appears over tow/res vehicles who are using !caution or !hazard.

It could prevent some accidents if traffic got a cue that told them that a certain car approaching is probably about to disregard road laws.

Maybe your suggestion for a command such as !suspect or !showsuspects could instead toggle this feature?

+1
Yes, thats what I mean Pete, I dont know if it's possible to make it not available for cops?

Maybe in addition the colour of the arrows on the map could be changed for cars that are involved in a chase, so they can be more easily identified on the map? Because often at slow points (RB at Autobahn, crossing at Jamaica), the arrows cluster and its hard to see which arrow is going where. But I realise this might be something baked into LFS and not changable in the Insim.
Nice idea, I wouldn't mind having it but I'll just mention 2 things that were on my mind about this suggestion.

1. We shouldn't have to move out of the way of the suspect himself so he can escape a chase, we move for the police so they can stop the suspect. The suspect should, if far ahead maneuver around us without causing too much bother.

2. New players to the server might be encouraged to help the police block the suspect in, very few people do it anyway but there's always a chance more will start if they see the word 'suspect' or something above them.

But yes, although the suspect ran a red light I understand what you mean, maybe an overhead marker will benefit us cruisers.

I'll go with a +1 too.
Yeah I like this idea, +1. I just hope suspects don't start using it as an excuse for all of their crashes in a chase/taking more unnecessary risks. We move for sirens, not the suspect, so maybe have markers for cops who are in 'chase mode' although, that might just be over-complicating it.
(2017-04-01 00:26)Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, thats what I mean Pete, I dont know if it's possible to make it not available for cops?

Maybe in addition the colour of the arrows on the map could be changed for cars that are involved in a chase, so they can be more easily identified on the map? Because often at slow points (RB at Autobahn, crossing at Jamaica), the arrows cluster and its hard to see which arrow is going where. But I realise this might be something baked into LFS and not changable in the Insim.

It's easy to block it for cops.

Unfortunately we can't change the LFS map arrow colours.

(2017-04-01 02:14)Sonic Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I like this idea, +1. I just hope suspects don't start using it as an excuse for all of their crashes in a chase/taking more unnecessary risks. We move for sirens, not the suspect, so maybe have markers for cops who are in 'chase mode' although, that might just be over-complicating it.

Cops already have markers.
Nice idea. One thing.. will cops see the suspect sign too? Because siren signs of each cop in chase can see cops in chase too. Then it would work as a tracker or locator for cops in chase or it can be separated?
Pete Wrote:Unfortunately we can't change the LFS map arrow colours.

Suggestion to Devs: Make the Map markers in LFS linked to the insim so we can change the colours and shapes, would be awesome having a NFS style map for the cops and suspects. Biggrin
(2017-04-01 10:51)Jacob Wrote: [ -> ]Nice idea. One thing.. will cops see the suspect sign too? Because siren signs of each cop in chase can see cops in chase too. Then it would work as a tracker or locator for cops in chase or it can be separated?

Well, in my opinion it should be invisible to cops, and I believe Pete said its possible to have it disabled for cops.
+1, it'll be useful IMO.
+1 from me
Reference URL's