[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: [TC] Automarket suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So right now, the market it flooded with cheap cars which is great in a way, but they all depreciate in value at the same rate.

I think having cars depreciate at random rates would make the market more interesting imo, what do you think? is this to hard to implement?

e.g

[Image: 6696ec65434ad535dec511b951d284e1.png]

Those 2 cars are the exact same price, but maybe there could be some maths equation which would give you a better deal if you kept searching around.
I've often thought about suggesting the Previous Owners to influence the value of a car, as it currently is already logged, has no real use and is kind of realistic. Guess that shouldnt be too hard to implement.
Atm, the determined "value" represents the remaining distance in relation to its new price. There is no room for speculations.
Although this is gettin quite off nismos topic and i have no clue how the insimcoding works, dont you have a part where you calculate the value, where you could just do value = value*(1-(0,01*previousowner)) or something like that? Just to add some variety.
(2017-04-01 21:31)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]add some variety.

I'd like that too. I'd like to see more variables to make the market more interesting than just the same cars losing condition over time.
In a strict sense the market is 'efficient' in that there is no room for speculation, as mentioned by Chuck. But I do see your point, it would make things slightly more interesting and add an element of realism, given most real markets (especially car markets), are not efficient.
I don't think the automarket needs any changes
imo opinion it would be great to have that feature, it would actually make it fun while searching for the right car, with the best price.
I also think that the number of heavy crashes and # of times that car has been in a chase should influence the price. Or it could base the price off of previous owners' cop/robber XP, as that is already implemented. Irl, not many people would want a car with a lot of hard driving in its history unless they were looking for a cheap car.

Additionally, cars with a lot of hard driving history as stated above should be more prone to breaking down or engine stalling.
(2017-04-12 00:35)gigawert Wrote: [ -> ]I also think that the number of heavy crashes and # of times that car has been in a chase should influence the price. Or it could base the price off of previous owners' cop/robber XP, as that is already implemented. Irl, not many people would want a car with a lot of hard driving in its history unless they were looking for a cheap car.

Additionally, cars with a lot of hard driving history as stated above should be more prone to breaking down or engine stalling.

I personally definitely agree with this. Would be really interesting to see something like this implemented.
Can we just make a TC EBay instead?
(2017-04-14 15:33)Huski Wrote: [ -> ]Can we just make a TC EBay instead?

There already is a thread on selling cars with specialities. E.g. VINs
http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...653&page=3
(2017-04-14 21:46)Pinkz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-14 15:33)Huski Wrote: [ -> ]Can we just make a TC EBay instead?

There already is a thread on selling cars with specialities. E.g. VINs
http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...653&page=3

I know this exists, but I mean a proper platform, not a forum post but a platform ingame as well to link to a external sub such as AutoMarket.
Reference URL's