[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Looking for a car.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hallo, hope everythings alright with y'all.

Going to get my car license soon but i'm having trouble finding a car that i can fit nicely in. Since i'm 207 cm aka 6ft7? tall it's quite a challenge.

Been looking at a 2013 Toyota Avalon and a 2013 Honda accord, gonna try to find a Nissan Altima.

If any of you know a car with alot of space in the driver seat, please tell me, would love u long time.

- Dowpy
Moving from "[TC] CityDriving Forums / General Information / General Discussions / Help Requests & Technical Support" to "[TC] CityDriving Forums / Community Area / Off-Topic Chat"

Anyway, good luck. Smile
From my experience Skoda Octavia and Skoda Superbs are very roomy cars.
You could also try a Ford Focus (up from 2010). I have heard from a person being as tall as you, that it is/was his first car, where he was able to sit in quite relaxed (the Turnier version/estate car, don't know if that counts for all versions).
(2017-04-05 17:49)Thomas Wrote: [ -> ]From my experience Skoda Octavia and Skoda Superbs are very roomy cars.
I think i read somewhere that the Superbs are quite roomy, guess i'm gonna try both of them, cheers.

(2017-04-05 17:57)Keule Wrote: [ -> ]You could also try a Ford Focus (up from 2010). I have heard from a person being as tall as you, that it is/was his first car, where he was able to sit in quite relaxed (the Turnier version/estate car, don't know if that counts for all versions).
Hmm alright, gonna go to a dealership on friday so i'll make sure to try the focus. Thanks alot, appreciate it.
(2017-04-05 17:49)Thomas Wrote: [ -> ]From my experience Skoda Octavia and Skoda Superbs are very roomy cars.

This.

And a Ford Mondeo MK4 if you're prepared to spend at least £10,000/$12,462/11708.25€/112146.19 Kr on a top spec, decent mileage, 140/163HP TDCi Mondeo.

Also, might sound strange but have you had a look at an Opel Insignia? they're relatively nice.
A big Volvo. I'm six foot last time I checked and if I move the seat all the way back I can barely touch the pedals. Plenty room in a big old hearse.
European cars in general tend to have a lot more consideration for big people, while japanese cars cater to the smaller stature crowd (like me.)
(2017-04-05 18:23)Owl Wrote: [ -> ]

This.

And a Ford Mondeo MK4 if you're prepared to spend at least £10,000/$12,462/11708.25€/112146.19 Kr on a top spec, decent mileage, 140/163HP TDCi Mondeo.

Also, might sound strange but have you had a look at an Opel Insignia? they're relatively nice.
Can't really spend that kinda money yet, the Insignia is also quite pricey. The standard mondeo's isnt too expensive though, could try one of those out.

(2017-04-05 21:35)Nick Wrote: [ -> ]A big Volvo. I'm six foot last time I checked and if I move the seat all the way back I can barely touch the pedals. Plenty room in a big old hearse.

Which model are you thinking of? my dad had a v70 before he bought his s60, both of them are too small for me. I've heard the S80 is quite big though.

(2017-04-05 22:36)Audiojack Wrote: [ -> ]European cars in general tend to have a lot more consideration for big people, while japanese cars cater to the smaller stature crowd (like me.)

Ah, the struggle is real. What would you recommend me to look into?
My A6 C5 has plenty of room left for me and i'm 1,9m, if you're on a tighter budget a 100 from the 90's could work too. If all else fails, Renault Kangoo is the answer.
Dodge Ram 2500 5.9 diesel. All problems solved.
My friend has an Altima and I worked at Nissan, they are not for the tall. My friend who was 6'5" fit in my mini cooper s comfortably ironically. The Accord is probably your best bet from the tiny island. I may not like them but the current generation Jetta and Passat is great for those who are taller. Just kind of dull to drive. My coworker bought a final year crown vic due to his height 6'6". He said he still hasn't found another car that fits him as well.

Ford Edge? We had a first gen Edge and it was the most reliable American vehicle we've ever owned besides our Astro Van. I know the current gen explorer would work but you may as well be piloting an imperial class star destroyer.
(2017-04-05 18:23)Owl Wrote: [ -> ]Also, might sound strange but have you had a look at an Opel Insignia? they're relatively nice.

In my opinion, they're not, the ride is very rather harsh and the mood in the car is usually dull, but then again they're quite roomy.

Here's a couple of cars that are spacious.

BMW 5 Series
Skoda Superb
Skoda Octavia
Vw Passat
Ford Mondeo
Kia Optima
Mazda 6
Ford Focus

Good luck! Smile
Remember that lowpy is from sweden though. Crown Vics, Explorers and Edges have not been sold here ad new and are very rare. The new Edge however came to at least Finland this year, but is very expensive obviously.
(2017-04-05 23:40)Dowpy Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, the struggle is real. What would you recommend me to look into?

Something like the ones Spark suggested. A late model Saab could be cool too, if you want an Opel Insignia that's not an Opel Insignia.
Reference URL's