[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Lfs graphics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello cruisers of TC!

I have some qeustions. Are there some programs who makes the car look nicer? Some better colors or something?

I have seen some RAW screenshots and they look very nice. But is that just the standard graphics or has it been modded?

Greetz
Cheb
check main lfs forum -> http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=39
especially Lynce's revolution pack.
is this alowed to use in the server? It looks great btw. are you using this?
(2012-03-30 11:53)cheb60 Wrote: [ -> ]is this alowed to use in the server? It looks great btw. are you using this?

Yes, it's completely legal to use on the server. It only modifies the textures. Not the car models (vob mods)
actually it just changes .dds files so it is allowed.
ed: Aus was 1st Smile
Okay thanks Biggrin!
Most of the shots in the raw screenshots thread have not been modded. Mainly, the LFS graphics settings have been put onto their highest settings.

Make sure your AA/AF settings are set to full under the graphics tab.
Also alter your MIP BIAS such that it makes your game look smoother.
Some also have ENBSeries type post processing, but it's very hard to tweak the settings to look good.
Can someone please explain what the MIP bias is and does? I've tried playing with it, but can't see any difference.
Its the smoothness of objects / parts of the track.

Screenies:

Awesome. Thanks Smile
(2012-04-01 03:17)Elmo Wrote: [ -> ]Some also have ENBSeries type post processing, but it's very hard to tweak the settings to look good.

Thanks.

Never realised there was an ENB configuration for LFS, I've been missing out.
What´s that?

I´m such a noob.
Read up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_post-processing

Essentially, the computer adjusts the scene before it gets sent to the monitor to be displayed.

Can't get any more lay man than that I'm afraid, other than "it does pretty things". Tongue
Its.. eh.. well.. its makes LFS look way more fancy. But with the wrong settings it can be awfull aswell. I had a configuration wich was pretty neat (thanks to Wolf), but.. lost it all after a clean install of LFS.

Basicly, with the right settings there's an awesome colour-change (contrast), a little glow in the air (but with the wrong settings it also makes the speedometer shiny as crap), and can do a few more things. Right now I've just got the DLL loaded in LFS for a bit 'darker' image.

A little comparison:

(2012-05-09 07:41)Nipper Wrote: [ -> ]Never realised there was an ENB configuration for LFS, I've been missing out.

Yep. I'm pretty sure it's the GTA: Vice City configuration.
tbh any d3d8.dll/d3d9.dll works
That. I want that. Do me.
(2012-05-10 03:38)Kenwood Wrote: [ -> ]Yep. I'm pretty sure it's the GTA: Vice City configuration.

Close, it the San Andreas one.
Reference URL's