[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Pitstop for money
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I get the idea to make the Pitstops chargeable. Not much, but more like in real life.

1-2 € per liter Fuel + Some money for repair and wheels. So that a Pitstop coast around 10 - 200 €.

I Think it will make driving more realistic, give some benefits for carefull cruising and makes driving like a maniac a little bit mor expensive. Would be nice I thought.
My usual experience is basically
>Get out of pits
>Get rammed
>Go to pits for repairs
>Go out of pits
>Get rammed
>Go to pits for repairs
>Go out of pits
>Get rammed

Ad infinitum.

My first gut feeling is that it will only end up costing a lot to those who want to drive a mint condition car and be of no concern to those who don't mind driving a dented one. In fact in the worst case it could just give a tool for trolling.
Would be a good idea if we had 'insurance', so you pay a one-off premium per month which 'covers' you for any damage you or others may cause your car.

No insurance? You'll have to pay for the pitstop.
(2017-05-01 13:53)Audiojack Wrote: [ -> ]My usual experience is basically
>Get out of pits
>Get rammed
>Go to pits for repairs
>Go out of pits
>Get rammed
>Go to pits for repairs
>Go out of pits
>Get rammed

Ad infinitum.

My first gut feeling is that it will only end up costing a lot to those who want to drive a mint condition car and be of no concern to those who don't mind driving a dented one. In fact in the worst case it could just give a tool for trolling.
Indeed, I never go to pits except when I get hit heavily.
The trolls or bad drivers probably wont care about the condition of their car, and only will do harm to the people who do and drive like they're supposed to.
(2017-05-01 14:11)Ash Wrote: [ -> ]Would be a good idea if we had 'insurance', so you pay a one-off premium per month which 'covers' you for any damage you or others may cause your car.

This idea in my opinion might make it feasible to do so.
Insurance sounds like a nice idea. Maybe the hight of insurance ar conected with how often you go to pit and how often you are in chase. Just a thought.
(2017-05-01 14:11)Ash Wrote: [ -> ]Would be a good idea if we had 'insurance', so you pay a one-off premium per month which 'covers' you for any damage you or others may cause your car.

Sounds very good this idea, I like it.
-Pitstops = Pay
-Shift + P = Free???
I'm quite sure this idea has been and gone about 400 times already.

This sounds good. Maybe make pitstop fairly expensive which would hopefully force people to buy insurance.

(2017-05-01 15:49)GT4tube Wrote: [ -> ]-Pitstops = Pay
-Shift + P = Free???

Something like: If you Shift P 1 minute after you leave pits then it costs 300 euros, but after 5 minutes it goes down to 100 euros or something along them lines would make more sense for people to buy insurance. This idea would apply regardless if you're in safe zone or not I guess Tongue Considering the 5 minute free pit rule currently exists.

Like the whole insurance thing Thumbup - maybe a "one time" illegal thing (e.g. if you're caught without it, you can be fined, but only once? This would then get people to buy insurance to save money etc.)
Could pull people over if their cars service was overdue too
Sure, simply never use pit stops then if they're going to cost €€ Laugh
And then if we never use pitstops we would all drive around looking like this. GT4Tube kinda already does, so better to ask him what it's like.
[Image: 25tzua0.jpg]

nice idea +1
I like insurance thing, cops could look up number plates to see if car is serviced and insured and could fine you or even impound the car, having to pay a fine to get it back. Although if you have no money and cant afford insurance you'd be stuck in a constant rut of being fined for no insurance eventually becoming banned. Paying for fuel and things is cool as well, although its been suggested many times with pete replying "We have considered this a lot of times and we've always come down on the side of not adding it."
Lol, that escalated quickly. I ask for paying in pits and now its about to fine people for not having a insurance. /Mellow

I think thats gone far to wide and is against for what this server stand. Simple Cruise with Robber and Cops.

But Insurance against cost of repair would be nice. But anyways the cost must be in a normal range.

Going to Box should coast the same as the pit stop. Maybe with one free per hour or per half hour. (only when boxing into HOME Area)

Examples:

5 l Fuel - 5 €
Change Front Tires - 10 €
Change Back Tires - 10 €
Repair small damage - 20 €
Repair Hard Damage - 100 €
Insurance against Damage (not Tires and Fuel) - 300 €/day (only when you are online at this day, days without beeing online should not cost)

So if you want a nice cruise with respecting the rules you dont realy need the insurance. Bit if you be a robber a insurance would be better to keep costs away. Don´t know if maybe the cost for insurance should be variable for player with many crashes and not many crashes (so GLOW must pay around 40.000 € per day I think RolleyesWink).

COP/MED/RES/TOW have to pay for it too.

So it´s not so expensive that you pay all earned money for pits. But maybe it is more cruise cause driving like a maniac would be cost something. It rewards cruising more.
gg.

should be:
Normal: 100% pay
COP: 75% pay
MED/RES: 60% pay
TOW: 50% pay.
Team: -100% pay. xd

Tongue

If chuck can code insim, then support it this thread Wink
(2017-05-02 15:02)GT4tube Wrote: [ -> ]gg.

should be:
Normal: 0%
COP: 25% pay
MED/RES: 30% pay
TOW: 50% pay.
Team: -100% pay. xd

Tongue

If chuck can code insim, then support it this thread Wink

+1 for the 25% cost for cops, because cops get in chases quite often and need to pit the suspect or might even crash during the chase, there expenses will skyrocket.
maybe you have to pay like €30 but if you don't, you can be chased
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's