[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Kyoto AB OnRamp Reposition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kifflom, brother-brother!

After lots of driving around the AB on Kyoto, I noticed that the OnRamp that goes from E5 Business Park into AB North is kinda "in the way", so I edited it and moved it inside the pits, but you can only follow it into AB, passing thru a little "alleyway" and a slight ramp to prevent people going WW. Also, I put a barrier to prevent those who come down the overpass in front to go WW.

Yes, it has a few flaws, the most noticeable one is that people both coming from the overpass and AB don't see each other -plus people is reckless-, 1 being the pits wall and the yellow wall, that could be lowered a bit. But just as an idea, and to try.
Feel free to suggest edits!.

Example:

Layout:
KY3 OnRamp

Kifflom! Kraff be praised!
I can see your thinking behind the changes, but I think the before is more practical, especially in the event of traffic jams, and having a tight 'alleyway' could cause an unnecessary inconvenience for when cars are being towed along with traffic waiting to move on/around the scene. It's a nice suggestion nonetheless, I just don't think it would be better in a practical sense than how it already is. Give it a trial run imo, I might be wrong.
(2017-05-08 01:58)Sonic Wrote: [ -> ]I can see your thinking behind the changes, but I think the before is more practical, especially in the event of traffic jams, and having a tight 'alleyway' could cause an unnecessary inconvenience for when cars are being towed along with traffic waiting to move on/around the scene. It's a nice suggestion nonetheless, I just don't think it would be better in a practical sense than how it already is. Give it a trial run imo, I might be wrong.

I completely agree with Sonic here. A trial should give us the right answer to whether they should or should not use it on TC. Smile
Even it's a great idea, we still having the ramp on AB for having an exit to the left.
Maybe it's a good start for a rebuild. Or for back to old layout, when we havent ramps. Crashes will apear soon.

+1 to the main idea with few changues
I like your thinking, I just have a few points if you could have a think about them:

- I don't necessarily think the WW ramp is required, and it is a little harsh
- The danger now is that cars who wish to enter pits cut blindly across the alley and cause bigger accidents
- Is there more of a danger of cars entering into the path of fast cars on the AB? Before they had their own lane somewhat when entering, but now there could be cars hugging the inside kerb?

Beforce is better Wink
(2017-05-08 09:02)Brad Wrote: [ -> ]I like your thinking, I just have a few points if you could have a think about them:

- I don't necessarily think the WW ramp is required, and it is a little harsh
- The danger now is that cars who wish to enter pits cut blindly across the alley and cause bigger accidents
- Is there more of a danger of cars entering into the path of fast cars on the AB? Before they had their own lane somewhat when entering, but now there could be cars hugging the inside kerb?

- ̶F̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶W̶W̶ ̶r̶a̶m̶p̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶l̶e̶n̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶i̶t̶t̶l̶e̶ ̶b̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶m̶o̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶. Now that you mention it, it's true, as it's only one way on AB. I'll remove it on a second edit I've in mind.
- Ye, I thought the same
- Maybe there could be barriers that lead to the straight on AB so people can merge, as where I put the ramp is a Real blind spot for both people on AB and those who wish to enter AB. I'll try this later.

AFAIK HwA Officers can place/delete objects -to create roadworks in this case-, so I'd like to know if there is a certain amount of free objects there needs to be available (f.e. 50, 100).

(2017-05-08 01:58)Sonic Wrote: [ -> ]I think the before is more practical, especially in the event of traffic jams, and having a tight 'alleyway' could cause an unnecessary inconvenience for when cars are being towed along with traffic waiting to move on/around the scene.

Well, there could be a way around moving the overpass that connects AB South with the Pits, so the "alleyway" can be wider, but as mentioned above, idk what's the limit regarding layouts in TC have (f.e. 2000, 1999 -lfs has 2100 limit, but I mean TC Layouts, as beforementioned above-).
Reference URL's