[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Rule : 1.12.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2017-05-21 15:08)Warped Wrote: [ -> ]Much ado about nothing. Maybe Arabz need to move to their server if they so eagerly want to Arab Drift.

Totally agree. Arab drifing isnt allowed for obvious reasons. Some people forget its a CRUISE server.
We already had a rule to deal with wreckless people causing accidents by arab drifting before any of this but it was not utilized:

1.2. Do not crash or ram other cars deliberately.
This includes negligent and reckless driving, provoking accidents, for example blocking the track, doing stunts or doughnuts on the road and so on.

(2017-05-17 13:57)Frozen Wrote: [ -> ]...They stay on the correct side of the road and only drift in turns where its possible, and controlled....

LOL
Well, if the rule ain't gonna change, why not at least suggest drifters to go to an stuntzone?. Or either like create an anti-drift cop rank kek. jk.

But I mean, the rule was created for a reason obviously, but since arab drifters are gone now the drifters became what they were complaining aboutz. It's like a cycle that never ends. If >you remove the rule, arabz will come back, people will complain, you reintroduce the rule, people complains about drifters, you change the rule and add drifters to it, then people beg for the rule to be removed, you remove the rule> and there is the circle.
I think a good percentage (including me) either drift most of the time or once in a while, so there is a cons of start banning drifters, TC would lose some players.

Both drifters slow traffic down and cause crashes, plus some drifters/arab drifters even go WW when drifting. People complain about arab drifters, but drifters aren't that far from arab drifters. No wonder there is a rule that forbids drifting on RoundAbouts and is bannable...

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

(2017-05-21 15:47)Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Totally agree. Arab drifing isnt allowed for obvious reasons. Some people forget its a CRUISE server.

Then drifters should also be banned, hence its a CRUISE server lel.
(2017-05-22 01:10)Dizzle Wrote: [ -> ]LOL

Whats the LOL part of the message? I must have missed something. If people do not take this thread seriously we may aswell just close the thread and move on. Such a waste of time. Thumbup

Keep it as it is, its perfect.
(2017-05-22 02:36)CorsaPower Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-05-21 15:47)Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Totally agree. Arab drifing isnt allowed for obvious reasons. Some people forget its a CRUISE server.

Then drifters should also be banned, hence its a CRUISE server lel.

I've really been trying to stay out of this whole discussion but going by your logic people who speed, street race, run from cops etc should also be banned since it's a "CRUISE" server. (It's actually a cops and robbers server......)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since I'm already here I'll just throw my opinion in here too. I personally completely understand the reasoning behind why Arab drifting had to get it's own rule, when the servers are around full capacity it is extremely annoying to be blocked or crashed by someone who is Arab drifting, which happens extremely often. There are a few people who actually try to be safe, but there are very few of those people.

Just drifting on the other hand I feel does not also need to be completely banned. A majority of drifters (from what I've seen and including me) actually respect other people, moving/stopping for sirens, avoiding places where many people drive etc. A few people do drift like complete idiots, yes and there are people who drive normally/speed like complete idiots too but those are much fewer then those who Arab drift. Besides those people are already completely covered already under rule 1.2.

Let's just compare the whole point of Drifting compared to Arab drifting for a second, Arab drifting is based around sliding a car from lane(s)to lane(s) (the other lane(s) often include lane(s) of incoming traffic). While drifting involves sliding a car into and through a corner, admittedly taking up (at most) two lanes at some points depending on the corner, size of lane and driver but it is not literally based around sliding from lane to lane rapidly.

P.S To the people going on about how slow drifters are, do you know who else goes slowly? People who cruise normally to earn money.
I hope you are talking about Marty's logic, because I only followed his logic...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At least those who go slow do something to stay on the server, so they earn money to buy cars and then go onto the "idc I have money" mode, going 200kmh on a 90kmh street. And so what if some people want to drive slow? If they want to drive slow, they drive slow. You want to drive fast? Go, drive fast. But at least learn how to respect other people on the road. Countless of The Stigs wannabes undertake/crash me just because they can't wait one second until I go onto the slow lane exiting from a 1 lane road... And yes, there are slow people that block the fast lane and never change lanes, slowing traffic down. I have seen that many times, specially Kyoto and Montana.

The rule was created because Arab Drifters couldn't behave properly, I support that, but now that arab drifters are gone, Drifters became what they were complaining about. Both drifters block other people, both go from lane to lane, both ram other people. sim pipil dint kniw hiw ti drift. I still wait to see one of those drifters who respect traffic lights, roundabouts, and doesn't drift in front of people.
(2017-05-22 17:10)CorsaPower Wrote: [ -> ]I hope you are talking about Marty's logic, because I only followed his logic...

Corsa, I hope you understand there is a difference between ArabDrifting and drifting?
What I mainly have against Arabdrifting is that it happens with no regards to rules, chases and what happens around them while drifting. I have way more problems with Arabdrifters than others who drift, who in most of the cases stay in line when there is traffic or a chase around. Arab drifters often see that as an extra challenge to drift around. Also in general their behaviour, lack of respect to other users and often communication barriers make it very hard to accept arab drifters.
(2017-05-22 19:47)Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-05-22 17:10)CorsaPower Wrote: [ -> ]I hope you are talking about Marty's logic, because I only followed his logic...

Corsa, I hope you understand there is a difference between ArabDrifting and drifting?
What I mainly have against Arabdrifting is that it happens with no regards to rules, chases and what happens around them while drifting. I have way more problems with Arabdrifters than others who drift, who in most of the cases stay in line when there is traffic or a chase around. Arab drifters often see that as an extra challenge to drift around. Also in general their behaviour, lack of respect to other users and often communication barriers make it very hard to accept arab drifters.

Well, in terms of players there is a difference, but still, both drifters cause problems. Both drifts are stunts, both drifts let their tail slide to get it. Arab Drift = Straights | Drift = Corners. But there are people who say drifting is having the car under control, but nope. Your car isn't under control if you have to correct with your steering wheel all the time.
I agree about the idiomatic barrier and lack of communication.

On Kyoto the AB was filled with drifters who were going 90-110kmh on a 160kmh AB on the FAST lane, meanwhile there was people going up to 200kmh on it, and these people have been blocked or rammed against the barrier because these drifters suddendly change lanes while drifting. Same for arab drifters.

I have seen drifters go around people, block and slow down people, even overtake chases -drifting or not- and even ram people/cops. So yea, I really know whats the difference between drifts. Ofc there will come the one who says "bit thiy dint kniw hiw ti drift", but they are drifting either way, even if they suck at it or not. Its like saying "but they don't know how to arab drift properly". Nope, they are still arab drifting. In my case I have encountered and had more problems with drifters rather than arab drifters since I joined TC -before the rule was even created and arab drifters were hanging around-

A "sorry" sometimes isn't enough. I mean, would you accept a "sorry" from someone who rams you several times while they drift/arab drift? I guess not.

But well, lets wait for a concrete answer from the mods or Chuck.
(2017-05-22 06:04)Frozen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-05-22 01:10)Dizzle Wrote: [ -> ]LOL

Whats the LOL part of the message? I must have missed something. If people do not take this thread seriously we may aswell just close the thread and move on. Such a waste of time. Thumbup

Keep it as it is, its perfect.

'LoL' is abbreviation for laughing out loud. I was laughing at:

(2017-05-17 13:57)Frozen Wrote: [ -> ]...They stay on the correct side of the road and only drift in turns where its possible, and controlled....

Because this is not true...at all. Maybe a select few on the server do, but the majority is just as wreckless and gets punished under rule 1.2.

Hope that helps.
As it seems the discussion will go on forever between "3 crazy cats" as we say here (like only 2 or 3 people discussing), then leave the rule as it is, or either start suggesting drifters to go to an stuntzone, or warn them, as it seems that banning them will make TC have 5/40 players -kinda exagerated ik-. Because I see a lot of drifters sided people, leaving behind their criticism and only bashing arab drifters, while drifters are not THAT far from them. I also see lack of communicatino with drifters that can speak english. Drifters and Arab Drifters bring the same amount of troubles to the server. Arab drifters bring more problems than drifters, but they are still problems... So no point on taking sides on this.
(2017-05-22 20:50)CorsaPower Wrote: [ -> ]But there are people who say drifting is having the car under control, but nope. Your car isn't under control if you have to correct with your steering wheel all the time.

Following your logic you never have car under control (maybe only on straights, when you don't have to even touch steering wheel). When driving through corner u have to "correct with your steering wheel all the time" but it doesn't mean you don't have car under control. Please stop talking things like this... It has no sense...
(2017-05-23 05:24)Adrian Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-05-22 20:50)CorsaPower Wrote: [ -> ]But there are people who say drifting is having the car under control, but nope. Your car isn't under control if you have to correct with your steering wheel all the time.

Following your logic you never have car under control (maybe only on straights, when you don't have to even touch steering wheel). When driving through corner u have to "correct with your steering wheel all the time" but it doesn't mean you don't have car under control. Please stop talking things like this... It has no sense...

Nope. Your car is under control as long as it doesn't slide, e.g. exiting a corner. Thats what people don't understand. People say that drifting is having your car under control..........

Sorry, but your attempt to "following your logic" doesn't make sense at all.
(2017-05-23 19:55)CorsaPower Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-05-23 05:24)Adrian Wrote: [ -> ]

Nope. Your car is under control as long as it doesn't slide, e.g. exiting a corner. Thats what people don't understand. People say that drifting is having your car under control..........

Sorry, but your attempt to "following your logic" doesn't make sense at all.

Drifting isn't having control of the car? wat

You don't just dump the clutch, turn the wheel and hope for the best.

I have no idea why you think drifting isn't controlled.
So having your tail sliding is having the car under control? Ok. Maintaining it? Maybe. But overall drifting having the car under control? Nope.
(2017-05-24 01:05)CorsaPower Wrote: [ -> ]So having your tail sliding is having the car under control? Ok. Maintaining it? Maybe. But overall drifting having the car under control? Nope.

[Image: bFFJysJ.gif]

I think you need to learn the definition of drifting...

Dictionary definition (Click to View)
^^this.
(2017-05-23 21:03)Renegade Wrote: [ -> ]I have no idea why you think drifting isn't controlled.

Experience. Because the majority of drifters is ignorant. Combined with lack of skill this leads to accidents and the conclusion that drifting in general is uncontrolled. The same applies to Arabdrifting and "stunting" in a certain way. I've arabdrifted for months, 2-wheeled all around the oval, not even coming close to other traffic. There are lots of people not causing issues while drifting/stunting of any kind. You just dont recognize them as much, since negative experiences are more present.
The main problem imho is that the punishments of troublemakers didnt have much effect(most likely because they were too low or evaded, plus at a certain point some players couldnt be arsed anymore(in combination with other incidents) to report people). Basically only leaving the option of prohibiting it in general.

(2017-05-22 23:10)Dizzle Wrote: [ -> ]
LOL
Quoting out of context is not really recommended.

(2017-05-17 13:57)Frozen Wrote: [ -> ]In normal drifting, when people are capable of driving they are not dangerous. They stay on the correct side of the road and only drift in turns where its possible, and controlled.

Hope that helps.
Ignorance doesn't mean people can't control there cars Barney... The ignorant thing is people being told off and still doing it, like most arab drifters. Drifters will still drift when they have been told off, but, what i have seen they are much less destructive than they were before they were told off.
so.. what is car control by definition?
making the car move in the desired path/direction at will?
making the car move with car axis being parallel to the movement axis?
having any sort -and/or amount- of directional control over the said vehicle?
And One Final Question:
who is most likely to cause a collision?
A) a driver goin at 160km/h?
B) a driver arab drifting at 120km/h?
C) a driver goin at 220?

the A is controllable with a bit of braking speed falls in a comfortable 100ish zone which makes the car more flexible to evasive maneuvers
B is slow enough already but uses countersteer to control his car and his main focus is exactly that.
C driver is overspeed, if he tries to avoid collision he will probably lose control unless he brakes very early (unlikely since he has less time to react due to speeding)
I'd disagree with that logic, as even when speeding the drivers main focus is on the road in front of him, rather than swerving all across the track. The speeder would have to be going at Mach 1 for me to decide he is less dangerous than an Arab drifter going 100mph
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's