[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Mikee's Race Report - CSMCC '17 Round 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 4VMzNkw.jpg]

Hello,

Last weekend, Mikee completed the third round of the Celtic Speed MINI Cooper Cup at Knockhill, here's his race report:

Michael Weddell Racing Wrote:Well what a weekend! In a brand new car as Minimax Motorsport had freshly built the new car (In a week!!) after the problems with drive shafts wanting to break away from the car. Friday testing was very interesting to see the least! Without even making it out the garage smoke started to pour out the car however, again Minimax Motorsport solved the issue and had me back out in the remaining sessions! Can’t thank the team enough for what they have done in the last week!

Qualifying – Saturday Morning:

11th Not the best, just couldn’t get grips with the how the new car (Me-Shell) was handling.

Race 1 – Saturday Afternoon:

Got a good initial launch off the line and with a steady start to the race I managed to pass two going into the hairpin and then another around the outside off Duffus. I soon realised I did not have the pace to keep up with those in front as I was struggling with understeer, this gave me no other choice but to white line the whole race and had a little “Weddell Train” forming behind me. Managed to hold onto 8th place to line with some extreme defending throughout the race.

Race 2 – Sunday Morning:

Again, Minimax Motorsport where hard at work tweaking the car overnight and it made all the difference! Started 8th and parting of the sea happened in front and allowed me to go straight into 4th by the time we got the bottom of Duffus! Happy days… then I dropped down to 5th. Got a bad run out the hairpin and was three wide going into duffus and thankfully made it down the other side. Sitting 5th and with my other teammate John Duncan Racing in front I was content on just working together to get away from the pack behind and that’s exactly what we did. Knew I would have one opportunity on the last lap to pass going into McIntyre’s and managed to hold onto the end! Finishing 4th and 1st Newcomer! Result!

Race 3 – Sunday Afternoon:

Starting 3rd after the reverse grid this race was always going to be difficult with who was around me. Again, made a good launch on the line and got myself into 2nd place by the end of lap 2. Now behind John Duncan Racing again! A Minimax 1-2… that lasted 2 corners. Unfortunately contact at McIntyre’s caused me run wide into the gravel and dropped down to 7th. After some dodgem style racing throughout the race I found myself in 6th leading up to last corner and then carnage in front. P3 on the line. Boom! Overall podium and again top newcomer!

Overall, a fantastic weekend and learned a lot about running at the front of field! Delighted with how everything turned out! I can’t thank the guys at Minimax Motorsport (Especially Scott) for the work they put into creating the new car, Me-Shell. Glad I could repay the work they did with an overall podium.

Again, all of this couldn’t be possible without the backing of AP Autocentre. I can’t thank Allan and Angela for the opportunity they have given me and again, I’m glad I could get the results to show the worth of their backing!

Can’t wait for the next round at Rockingham in two weeks’ time! Roll on the 17th of June! Cya there!

He had a hell of a weekend. Fantastic results in every session, top rookie in 2 of the three races and his first podium of the season!

Mikee's next race weekend is in two weeks at Rockingham on 17th/18th June where a few of us will be joining him again for support.

Here's Mikee's (somewhat wonky) onboard from race 3, his podium run:

Reference URL's