[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: New rental car system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It would be really awesome to be able to rent out your unused cars to people. The renters would be charged by km and would get an occasional reminder that they're driving a rented car. This rented car could be returned while in a safezone.

You would set your car's status to Rentable. This would disallow you from driving it and it would show up on the [TC] Market in the Rentables section whenever nobody is using it.

Some ways this could be blocked from abuse are:
-You've driven at least 5,000 km on [TC]
-You've not been banned from [TC] more than once
-The cost per km you are allowed to rent it at is based on your overall community reputation.

Just an idea, I know you can manually rent cars to friends, but the car owner history list can get messy.
I see. You could choose price per km and compete for the best price but to still make a profit. You can't just take it off the market when you want, maybe there should be a set time you choose for it to be rentable so it will be on the market for that set time without you being able to take it back when you want it.
hmm

Yes, more of an interactive way or renting but it's just another effortless way to become rich.

50/50 unsure on this one.
Section 1: Some random blabbery, sort of on topic?

It is a good idea in theory, however I believe (personally) it needs work before becoming as Nismo said "An effortless way to become rich". Be it including a very hefty 'tax' on it (Which would take a good chunk of the price per KM away. [65% Upwards]) But then the question would remain in my mind "If you don't want to use a car... Why not just sell it?" its a free garage slot back, along with a chunk of money instead of having to hope & pray that your personal car would be used.

Along with what I have said above, would this maybe make cars worth LESS if this system was encouraged?

Example (FZ5): An FZ5 has a lifespan of 10'000 KM and is worth 40'000 new. Right now on rental its 4 Euros per KM. So 4 x 10'000 = 40000. But this brings me to the question of "would your cars be CHEAPER or MORE EXPENSIVE" rather than renting as is now.
Section 2: Abuse

You talk about how to lessen abuse. The first reason I agree with... However the other two I have very big qualms with.

Lets start with reason 3: "-The cost per km you are allowed to rent it at is based on your overall community reputation." So how would this work, first from a implementation sort of standpoint, but also how would it actually WORK, in my mind I see two ways of this going AFTER implementation.

1: Higher community rep means higher price.
However this wouldn't be good for people who are lovely and amazing on the server, as the rude people, those being constantly reported both ingame and on forum would be cheaper?

2: The polar opposite of 1.
Where the higher it is the cheaper it is, however where would a limit be set on this one?

Anti-Abuse reason 2:
"If you've been banned once you cant use it"
I personally disagree with this tremendously. As you've put it it sounds very "One ban your out" sort of style, but what if the ban is for something minor, like insulting somebodies mother? Or scraping up the side of a cop who was overtaking you? Or a petty argument about how oranges are clearly the most efficient form of fruit in the world.

I personally believe this shouldn't be in there, as people can be banned for as little time as the admin wants, for as little reason as arguing on orangy citrusy goodness.
Section 3: ending notes, limits, ect

Now while writing this I thought of something else, I decided to put this in here as A I don't have the energy to find the right place for it... And B... Its 7 am.

Where would the lowest limit be set on this? Would it be the prices TC are on right now, which for an FZ5 (as used in my example) is 4 euros per KM. To which gives my brain the ultimate answer of "If there is a limit OF what we have... Is there exactly a good reason to devote time, insim and Chucks to this?" which sadly my brain says no to it.

These are my first thoughts on this idea however, but as it stands right now I wouldn't be on the supporting side of it, as I personally don't see a use, the system TC have is functional, why fix what isn't entirely broke?

- Huski
I also now have an orange, writing this made me want one Unsure
Also apologies if this isn't worded greatly, I have been up for over 24 hours again... And I want sleep.
Also if there is nothing I've not covered, I apologise, these were my first thoughts
Before we think about a new rental system, first the touring cars should come back. Biggrin
Do people rent very often? Usually you can find a cheap run-around on the second hand market. I'm not sure that this feature would be used enough to warrant it being implemented in the first place.
there has been a very long time without reset because of the way money is generated and spent on servers... (car health etc) this will shift the balance i think..
I think the only way this will work is if income increases a little, car health decreases faster, and less cars go on the used car market.
The lifespan of an FZ5 is just 10,000km? Geez, that's an unreliable car right there.
(2017-06-17 05:01)gigawert Wrote: [ -> ]The lifespan of an FZ5 is just 10,000km? Geez, that's an unreliable car right there.

i am prety sure that if you drove a car the way most people drive their fz5 (consider crashing-repairing the same chassis-engine) it would not last more than 10.000 km
(2017-06-11 22:37)GOOMB Wrote: [ -> ]I think the only way this will work is if income increases a little, car health decreases faster, and less cars go on the used car market.

The value of money goes down that way, money taken from speeding, COP fines, garages etc, which will not encourage players to rent cars.

A good point to start (if we were to add suggestion@OP) is by decreasing the number of cars pushed into the market daily.
(2017-06-17 09:03)Adorable Wrote: [ -> ]A good point to start (if we were to add suggestion@OP) is by decreasing the number of cars pushed into the market daily.

+1 I think if you would have a max of 10-20 cars can be bought total in 24 hours, people will start renting.
Reference URL's