[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: + Unban Request (Unban Request Granted by Brad)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
● Your LFS Username: Leon2365

● Time & Date of Incident: 18 June 20:10

● Replay / Screenshot Link:
[1] [2] [3] [4]

● Replay Timestamps:

● Reasons as to why you feel you deserve an unban:

[1]
- From my point of view, the chase was off to the side. By the time the suspect decided to run - I would be physically unable to slow down. So since it was a surprised to me I narrowly missed the "chase". I should've probably said sorry at this point so I'll apologize now but I wouldn't call that outright overtaking.

[2]
- Yeah, sorry. I'd say this was because of my own ignorance. I assumed it would be safe as the chase is on the side of the road however I sincerely apologize.

[3]
- Again, off to the side. I once again assumed I couldn't severely disrupt the chase by passing safely.

[4] - Yeah, not sure what was going through my head at the time but I aplogise once again.

This post is to speak about the whole situation - although I do feel 10 days is a bit excessive due to the fact that I'm not known to cause trouble and can quickly learn from my mistakes. However here it seems I just had a bad day and I didn't communicate with anyone at the time (is why I never assumed I was in the wrong.
I aplogise if this post does waste anyone's time but I figured I should at least speak out my mind and apologize for my actions.
I have acknowledged your request
Please be patient during this review, I will reply in due course.

Hi,

What I will initially say is that while you haven't had many admin actions against you, you've had a significantly large amount of !reports for ramming over the last few months.

Now, I don't actually believe you to be intentionally ramming - you're not stupid. I also know that some people are little trigger happy with using the !report function, however relatively speaking the volume is still large.

Maybe it's because you're zoning out and not paying attention to the chat? Am interested to hear your opinion.

The ban will likely be reduced, but i'd like to hear from you first, and hopefully provide you some context as to why I chose 10 days initially.

Thanks,

Brad
Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Quote:You've had a significantly large amount of !reports for ramming over the last few months.

Are you able to give me a time-frame of said reports and/or if it is before or after this. I would probably imagine it is, as you said, people being trigger-happy upon using !report after a minor incident - not to mention most if not all major accidents that have occurred by me mostly going wrong-way upon not looking at the map I have apologized for and haven't heard any retaliation after. Other than that, I have not intentionally rammed anyone I don't know other than friends that gave consent.

Quote:Now, I don't actually believe you to be intentionally ramming - you're not stupid. I also know that some people are little trigger happy with using the !report function, however relatively speaking the volume is still large. Maybe it's because you're zoning out and not paying attention to the chat? Am interested to hear your opinion.

So I have no clue why I have multiple in-game reports of me ramming. I haven't gone wrong-way without checking the map so no major accidents incidents have occurred due to me since the report, consider it a lesson learnt - however I have had people go wrong-way during a chase and slamming into me whilst I'm on the right side.

Quote:The ban will likely be reduced, but i'd like to hear from you first, and hopefully provide you some context as to why I chose 10 days initially.

What I really don't understand is why my ban is 10 days compared to others that are quite known to not follow rules, and cause trouble and DID interfere with the chase severely (by ramming the suspect or be right in the COP's face etc) got a more "lighter" punishment when I simply assumed it would be safe enough to pass and get out of the way as quickly as possible (not counting my two offenses).

I respect what you guys do for the community. I don't always wish these things to happen as I'd rather make your job easy, not hard.

Thank you for your time, Brad.

Much appreciated.

Daklan
In hindsight maybe 10 days was a little harsh. However, just because on those occasions you managed to pass without issue, it is my opinion that it is more luck than skill - the suspect/cop could easily have changed direction suddenly.

I'll unban you now

Unban Request Granted
Your account will be unbanned shortly. Please ensure you read our rules prior to your return to our servers.
Reference URL's