[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Pause chase timer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

On tracks such as Kyoto and Westhill(and other tracks) suspects are often in a situation where they can't get to a safe place to pull over in time before the "Failed to stop" kicks in.

I am therefore suggesting a command for cops to use, where they will be able to pause the chase timer - thus making it possible for the suspect, that they have pulled over, to get to a safe location to stop.

The command could for instance pause the timer by 10 seconds(which is often enough to move the extra distance where a traffic stop can be carried out safely) where neither distance or time is counted.
Perhaps you could show an example of where this may be the case? Not sure this is a common problem.

Another easy way to solve it without any intervention is for the COP to use common sense when pulling someone over, just as one would in real life.
If there is nowhere safe or sensible, keep following (at speed if required) until a good spot becomes available and then !chase.
+1 to that, Thomas. Sounds like a good idea that should be considered, it'll reduce the arguments of "Well I had to move, so I didn't fail to stop" xD
(2017-06-20 11:39)Ash Wrote: [ -> ]snip

Below is a two pictures from Kyoto where, if you initiate a chase and the suspect is not driving crazy fast, they can't get to a safe spot before "Failed to stop" comes into play.

Common sense is, as you most likely know, an unheard of thing for some people Smile

[Image: oGS8Wt1.png]
[Image: 9xUdT0B.png]
Good suggestion, It is also possible to do !lost then re!chase, but your idea is "cleaner" Smile.

am I the only one who doesn't use !follow? Tongue
(2017-06-20 12:17)Adorable Wrote: [ -> ]Good suggestion, It is also possible to do !lost then re!chase, but your idea is "cleaner" Smile.

am I the only one who doesn't use !follow? Tongue

This is not possible if you have a !laser on a suspect iirc?

Also, the !follow is kind of useless as you can't really chase anyone backwards.
(I actually suggested a solution in this thread, which a few people liked)
Maybe an idea, if you use the !follow command, the timer gets paused only if you're within the first 45 seconds of the chase.
It's a good suggestion however you could wait until the person you want to pull over is approaching a safer place before starting the chase or use !follow.
(2017-06-20 15:15)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]It's a good suggestion however you could wait until the person you want to pull over is approaching a safer place before starting the chase or use !follow.

Following the feedback regarding the !follow command, it seems like there is an agreement that the !follow command in its current state is, well useless.

http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...?tid=17538
I personally use the !follow bind sometimes, it's useful to me although I don't use it that often.

The idea is a good, but it's a matter of how much it's actually needed.
It's a good idea however like Pete said that would just be more easier
Just a fun fuct a had today.

My Suspect drove into a sand area while 45 sec. Cause I was on XFR I dont follow and tell him: "Come out of sand sir or it will be a chase".
I stay and wait at the curb and the suspect come slowley out while stere right-left, cause he stuck a bit. Chasetimer go to >2 min and it was still noch chase. I thougt I only dont see it and call backup. But insim told me, I cant but it isn´t a chase yet.
He was out after ~2 min (chase time) and try to go away. Then after ~20 sec came "CHASE".

Was it a bug or a feature? When feature: Why it dont start the chase. Cause he was in sand or cause I´m not moving?
And if it is a feature: Maybe you can tell the Insim some areas where is a 60 sec gap before start chase. Only as Idea. For myself I dont think it´s needed. No System is perfect. If you dont want the chase: Follow the street law. No matter on which place of map.
(2017-06-20 20:08)Brixton Wrote: [ -> ]And if it is a feature: Maybe you can tell the Insim some areas where is a 60 sec gap before start chase. Only as Idea. For myself I dont think it´s needed.

The thing is, afaik the InSim chase status isn't based on the areas were driving. It is only based on our car movements (moving forward-reverse etc)

Quite a good idea, but I prefer the Thomas' idea, which is way more easy to put in place ("just associating" to an actual bind another function) and way more practical (one more time, just pressing a little bind (in this case it would be !follow) instead of maybe use the mouse for any GUI included).
+1 for me, but I prefer Thomas' idea.
(2017-06-20 20:08)Brixton Wrote: [ -> ]Was it a bug or a feature?
None of these two. There are two timers: suspect's timer and cop's (yours) timer. Cop's timer never stops. Suspect's timer stops when suspect is not moving. Insim say that chase started when suspect's timer reaches 45 seconds. I'm sure you were watching at cop's timer.

Going back to topic. I'm neutral to this idea. It happend few times that my suspect stopped after 45 seconds because he was looking for safe place to stop. However in most of these cases suspect was driving incredibly slow. I don't know, maybe they thought that if they drive slow then chase will start later (or won't start at all).
In my opinion 45 seconds is enough time to stop in almost every situation.
But as I said, I'm neutral to this. I would be same happy with and without it.
(2017-06-21 06:46)Adrian Wrote: [ -> ]None of these two. There are two timers: suspect's timer and cop's (yours) timer. Cop's timer never stops. Suspect's timer stops when suspect is not moving. Insim say that chase started when suspect's timer reaches 45 seconds. I'm sure you were watching at cop's timer.

But he was moving. Slowly out of the sand. So do the timer only starts when suspect reaches a certain speed? But this would be annoying, cause if the suspect drove then with 1 kph when COP want fine him, he can do this for ever?
Following the first couple posts, I think this is a great idea, seeing as sometimes, the suspect just can't get to a safe space to stop, which could otherwise cause a massive accident, or argument because you had to stop in a silly place (or the suspect stops after the 45 seconds, due to nowhere to stop).

The !follow command however, I tend to use quite often, but no one follows. Silly really, then I have to use more effort to get back to them, then I would have had to use just telling them to stop, or even making a manoeuvre to get behind them. Maybe for this, !follow would also be combined with !chase, but for behind. Maybe a number on which car behind to chase (1 obviously being the first car behind) and then it shows (on the suspects screen) a message telling them to follow the chase initiating officer. Just my two cents. ;3
Reference URL's