[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: How fitness changed my life
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I hate reading.. but the way it was written made me continue reading till the end, and your story is very inspiring.

I have never been a victim of bullying but after reading this it makes me think of why people F*** bully others; Like what's the point? Enjoyment? Stress relief? doesn't make sense to me. Good job on getting your stuff together Smile
(2017-07-01 19:21)BP Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Actually, its a piece of cake.

This is not the thread to be mentioning cake!
Cake isn't that bad actually! Biggrin

Thank you GOOMB. GOOMB, not sure why people bully but I guess it could also be down to the fact that I was rather young when I was bullied and at that age, kids can be very cruel :/ Had to deal with less bullying in high school as that was the point where I began working out (it was the time when I was into running) and started to be slightly more outgoing than usual.
(2017-07-01 19:21)BP Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Actually, its a piece of cake.

This is not the thread to be mentioning cake!

But the cake is a lie, you know that right?
I will continue to update how I'm advancing in my calisthenics journey. Recently I hit a new pb on the dip bars, it was my first time trying on the new dip belt along with the 32kg bell. Not going to lie, it was scary. I previously used a backpack to throw all of my weights that added up to be 22kg. I'm getting rather good with the 22kg backpack, but going up to 32kg was definitely a challenge and I will continue to build upon that.

Good man yourself! Smile
Jesus how tall are you?

Fit.
(2017-08-12 18:15)Rossi Wrote: [ -> ]Jesus how tall are you?

Fit.

He said 193cm (or 6'4 ft in *Removed* unit) if I'm correct
From that angle I look way too tall Biggrin. I'm 193cm ^
I've only just read your story, but I've been bullied at school and still am, (luckily I have supportive friends and teachers) so I know how hard it is. I still have a loop of those memories in my brain but it's just a thing you'll never forget.

Your story is truly inspirational though and I hope that it helps someone else - I'm also glad you enjoy doing what you do Heart
Thanks guys.
Jack, I'm glad you have supportive friends and teachers. It's great that people are there to help you Smile
Sometimes things happens when you least expect them..This time, it was performing my first proper muscle up. It took me 2 years to get one done in the first place. For the past 3 months I kept doing weighted pull ups and dips, even one's up to +32kg and I still couldn't do that damn muscle up. It sort of even got in my mind that I could be doing something wrong after those 2 years, but today, exactly today things changed up and I FINALLY PERFORMED THE MOVE I set out to do 2 years ago.
2 years is a long time and for most people it takes less than that, way less, but I NEVER GAVE UP and I kept going. I just kept going and here I am, truly grateful of what I've achieved so far.

Today was also the day when my friend, my neighbor visited me, named Juris, who inspired me to start doing street workout / calisthenics in the first place 2 years ago. It was him who started it going for me. Today was also the day when he mentioned, ''how are your muscle ups going, you got it yet?'' I said I was sort of still struggling, despite the fact I could pull myself way above the waist on the pull up bar. He said that I should just let the fear go and do the damn thing..and so I did. With my first attempt after such a long time I freaking did and hell it feels good to be able to perform a move that you have been working on for such a long time.

With that said, I want YOU to keep going. This is another example of just continuing to work on what you desire. Just keep working on it and don't overthink it. It will come when it's supposed to.

Stay strong! cheers Smile
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's