[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Caution for players in Accidents.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to give an idea about "Caution".

I suggest that "Caution" can be used by all players in a accident. So the player caught in the accident can warn the other players. Generally "Caution" and "Hazard" can only be used by [TOW], [MED] and etc. But until the arrival of the roadside help to avoid such accidents, it will be good for all players to use "Caution".

Greetings.
This can very easily be abused by others, but i see your point.
I see where you're coming from but if everyone could use !caution or !hazard, the effect of it would decrease even further as people would begin to take it even less seriously than they do now.
(2017-06-27 21:28)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]people would begin to take it even less seriously than they do now.

Even I agree with you, that sums up everything...
It's a good idea, but as many people have already said it will just be abused and ignored even more.
I like the idea, it would give us some more of a warning to slow down, especially on the autobahn. But to be honest, with the amount of crashes on CityDriving, I'd probably have "caution" embedded into my vision.
Well, unless people are blind, they can clearly see a massive pile-up of arrows on the minimap, which could mean (Kyoto for exmaple):
A) Stopped at RB because of an accident/chase/tow in progress/cars passing
B) Massive crash

Even without it, they still fail to brake when people is stopped at RB (I had like 1 or 2 crashes like this where it was my fault, but luckily the best was a dented rear end -saying sorry obviously-, and the rest were because people behind me didn't even brake and caused a major wreck).

Or for example, there is a chase on going on AB and a dude tries to overtake it, but just at that time the suspect/cop turns into the lane and ends up crashed because someone didn't even leave distance for the cop to chase (I have seen this many times). Ppl do anything they can imagine to overtake a crash/chase, or they don't move for sirens and either the cops gets blocked/slowed down and loses the chase, or ends up on a crash because the dude in front of him abruptly brakes or crashes the cop while he passes. I saw it by myself ppl tailgating cops on a chase or even being in between the suspect and the cop.

As Pete said above, people would end up ignoring it even more than they do now. It's like "Oooh, a caution/hazard sign, lets overtake it at 220kmh".
You should only drive as fast as you can stop safely. That's a basic principle of driving. The speedlimit is also not meant as a minimum speed nor is it the recommended speed.
People should put more responsibility in their driving instead of relying on somebody or something else to take care of everything for them.
(2017-06-29 05:52)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]You should only drive as fast as you can stop safely. That's a basic principle of driving. The speedlimit is also not meant as a minimum speed nor is it the recommended speed.
People should put more responsibility in their driving instead of relying on somebody or something else to take care of everything for them.
+1
When I play as a MED it happens so many times that people plow through a !caution zone without paying attention. It seems like over the years people become less and less aware of it. We dont put them up because we want to have an 80s disco party, we put !caution up to warn other drivers for either slowmoving cars, cars in unexpected positions or MED/RES/TOW vehicles which have to move around in order to help other users.

To be honest, I notice myself that I am becoming more and more !siren blind, not that I ignore them, but sometimes there are constantly siren indicators on the screen, to the point that keeping up with them is a job in itself. Now I must say I always try to obey to them, but sometimes it's hard to keep track which chase is moving where on the map.

In regards to !caution being available to anyone:
A -1 from me, I am afraid !caution will be used way too quickly, to spot unexpected things we have a map as well (an arrow standing still on the AB should be an indicator), also it will lose its effect when there are people on scene to help out, since it can be thought of as just a random !caution. Yes, MED/RES/TOW people could use !hazard, but that one shouldnt be used often either imo.
Reference URL's