[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Just a lil thing about chases on Sydney.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please refrain from going WW (suspect+cops), especially on a crowded and narrow track like SO/Sydney.
The amount of (almost) crashes I had this weekend with chases because they were WW or blasting past when !caution/!hazard is activated is staggering. Not that I am perfect, I have made mistakes as well, but especially on such a tiny and small track there often just isnt enough room to go ww.

Thx, Marty.
Remember that crashing into someone on the wrong side, whether it was deliberate or not, is against the rules.

We're all prone to mistakes but the amount of wrong side driving that happens these days is getting silly. Try and stick to your side of the road and if you choose to drive on the wrong side, check the map for oncoming cars first.
+1

Careless wrong way driving has always been an issue.

Some people just don't know how to look at the map.
Arguably the worst part of the track (shown below) in my experiences for being crashed up is this area, if your driving on the inside you are COMPLETELY blind from people coming WW. I have been hit there quite a few times, and since its essential on my route its just a bit... Annoying.

Below I have attached a picture of the area in question with the key as follows:
Blue square: Where I was blind (in quite a high XFG) due to the barriers.
Red square: Where I first got view of the road around the corner
The test was done on 130 FOV in 1st person default view. I have also attached a funny gif I made of a crash followed by lag around the same corner as well.

Area: [Image: neGNOp0.jpg]

GIF: Made into openable link due to gif.

Its actually unsafe, due to it being really a blind corner until its too late. Especially at speed.
I too have been hit many times in that area, there's that bit top left of Huskis picture behind the building where the barrier is just some tyre stacks. Many people cross this without checking to gain an advantage, maybe that could replaced with just a wall to stop this.
The problem is that suspects, COPs -altho not all of them do it- and people in general don't seem to check the minimap before going WW. The amount of close calls and crashes there are on this track is because of people thinking they have a ramp on the front of the car so they get people out the way and think that it's the civilian's fault for staying on the correct side. People don't expect suspects to go WW on plain Highway when they are driving at or over 160kmh.
In most arguments I agree, but there is something nobody should forget: Sometimes a little bit action and some funny crashes are fun. A good balance between cruise and Robber/COP with nice action is why [TC] is the only cruise server which is full nearly every day.

But I think special in Sydney there are one or two dangerous points. Maybe Layout should make it safer with some little ramps like in Jamaica 2 weeks ago on Bridge East.
Its not that I hate crashes Brixton, but I dont want to be involved as a civilian in a (WW) high speed crash due to a chase. Those crashes always cause annoyance, either with the civilian(s), cops or the robber
Reference URL's