[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Better organization?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey!

I was wondering why every COP, MED, RES and TOW may choose their own colour.

In my eyes it is a lot clearer and more professional to let them all have the same colours. If there is a specific reason why everyone got another colour, please correct me.

When everybody is using the same colours you could also differentiate between ranks. Like COP, Officier etc. This is only a side topic.

So what do you guys think about all using the same colours when driving as a COP/MED etc.?
This should be in 'Server & InSim Suggestions' if you're suggesting something.

-1. It's nice to be able to choose our own colours, and it's not that hard tbh anyways to see who's who. As long as you can read, you're fine.

Also, I don't see the point in a ranking system, but maybe a badge based on XP could be nice (InSim license page)
(2017-07-16 19:25)Jack Wrote: [ -> ]This should be in 'Server & InSim Suggestions' if you're suggesting something.

-1. It's nice to be able to choose our own colours, and it's not that hard tbh anyways to see who's who. As long as you can read, you're fine.

Also, I don't see the point in a ranking system, but maybe a badge based on XP could be nice (InSim license page)

Oh sorry, didn't know that.

Yes a badge based on XP would be even better! Agree with that.
(2017-07-16 19:27)yessey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-16 19:25)Jack Wrote: [ -> ]This should be in 'Server & InSim Suggestions' if you're suggesting something.

Oh sorry, didn't know that.

Yes a badge based on XP would be even better! Agree with that.

No worries Smile
Hi, thanks for registering to the forum.
Personally, I think we should continue to allow players to use what colour nametags they want (as long as it is within the rules). Some players may want a certain colour that matches up with their team's general colour, or their name.

By the way, I've moved this to the Suggestions forum.
I agree with BP.
I know that back when I was in RDSR, they had a logic when it came to the colours (Blue for MED, red for COP), and I believe a few other teams have such logic as well.

Me personally I go Yellow for MED and red for RES since my skins have those basecolours.
If the only resource to recognise a COP/MED/RES/TOW vehicle was the nickname, I agree with you, it will be easier for everyone.
But, for be any of this, you have to use a skin, and that skin have to follow a rules for be easy-recognised.

So, if you can see that car very far away, what do you need nickname for? Biggrin
http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=2260

I don't mind at all, but it's nice to allow players to make/use their own stuff and come up with some new designs.
I'm with BP on this.

I think players should keep the ability to have whatever color COP/MED/RES/TOW tags they wish.

As long as their tags are not in black then it's fine. Black = VCU only.
Absolute -1. BP stole the words from my mouth.
My only gripe is that new players and people who are familiar with the current tags but visit the server less often will be confused about their tags not working and it will lead to completely unnecessary waste of admin and player time when people ask about why their tags don't work any more and why that is and why take the choice away from them.
ok.. how about a recomended style/format then.
meaning that tc can suggest using something like [COP]DyZ1o(tag being on front/rear of username and specific colors suggested..)
but it is not mandatory?
in guide there can be a Recommended format(color inclusive) that way individual members with no specific username styling can gravitate towards a common format and team members get to keep their current team format..

middle ground suggestion but it can work
People will just ignore it as it's not mandatory if it's 'Recommended'
Well that sunk like a lead balloon didn't it, OP?
Reference URL's