[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Limit Black Color In Usernames
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How about limiting the black color usage?
what i mean is apart from the [VCU] tags black color is annoying when i have to hit h or change the view in some way so that i can see the username.. Unsure
-1 for me. LFS is pretty limited with colors, and a lot of people use black to show different ranks in teams.
I believe he is talking about people with all black names, which I agree is actually quite frustrating to deal with.
I think what he means is people displaying their whole in-game name in black, which can't be seen at times when in default view

(2017-08-07 02:26)Daklan Wrote: [ -> ]I believe he is talking about people with all black names, which I agree is actually quite frustrating to deal with.

I wonder how many seconds quicker you were with typing that Tongue
(2017-08-07 02:26)Daklan Wrote: [ -> ]I believe he is talking about people with all black names, which I agree is actually quite frustrating to deal with.
(2017-08-07 02:26)Razz Wrote: [ -> ]I think what he means is people displaying their whole in-game name in black, which can't be seen at times when in default view

I wonder how many seconds quicker you were with typing that Tongue
all black names was my thought while typing.. Thank you.!
That I agree with.
All black names are also annoying for me in some views
-1. Not a real issue and just one more rule to abide by.
(2017-08-07 09:21)Tingle Wrote: [ -> ]-1. Not a real issue and just one more rule to abide by.
It would be difficult to enforce. -1 for me, there is no real issue with colours.
(2017-08-07 10:19)Carl Wrote: [ -> ]It would be difficult to enforce.

That's what I thought of too, and it's such a minor annoyance that in my opinion it isn't worth wasting any time enforcing it.

But I do agree that fully black names are sometimes difficult to see.
(2017-08-07 10:19)Carl Wrote: [ -> ]It would be difficult to enforce.

Not really, it is possible to add a verification that detects if a civilian has the color black in his name or not.

It's not that important anyways, you can still recognize the player via the connection list, or with different FOV settings.
I agree with the points brought out, but I think the effort to enforce and implement this is not really worth it, as it is a minor annoyance and not a real problem.
Reference URL's