[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: !chase - backwards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Quite a few people have been escaping or "dodging" chases (pitting, speccing, disconnecting), before that the COP can U-turn and initiate the !chase.

Suggestion: !chase[2/4/6]

Same principle as the !rb command.
+1 Id use this would make !follow useful.

I dont think the 4/6 are required but behind would help
I like the idea. Sometimes you spot someone breaking a law in your mirror and they park behind you when you try to let them pass to initiate !chase. Wouldn't have to awkwardly reverse behind them.
^
+1
Using !follow bind as a multiple command (chase the suspect and then telling him to follow) would be practical and realistic too.
well it certainly won't hurt to have it.. well said nathan.. +1 from me too
time to install the following keybind:
!chase+ 6 & !follow
I think there is some technical reason why this isn't already a thing, but I have nothing against it.
This would be great if implemented, same for the laser.
+1, adding to the LEAS LASER:
-Front : Name speed
-Rear: Name speed
(2017-08-16 16:01)BP Wrote: [ -> ]I think there is some technical reason why this isn't already a thing, but I have nothing against it.

Didn´t Chuck writing something like that a few months ago? Sadly I can´t find the thread.

I think its a problem that the Insim getting confused to aim two cars at same time.

But if I´m wrong:
+1 for "chaseback"
-1 for "laserback"
(2017-08-16 18:40)Borja Wrote: [ -> ]+1, adding to the LEAS LASER:
-Front : Name speed
-Rear: Name speed
+1
I'm not very comfortable with a backward laser as it would dramatically change the gameplay for robbers.
(2017-08-17 05:12)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not very comfortable with a backward laser as it would dramatically change the gameplay for robbers.

No need for a backward laser, just the same !chase command but initiates a chase to the closest car behind the COP.
http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...?tid=24102

This was suggested roughly 10 months ago Smile
(2017-08-17 05:19)Adorable Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-17 05:12)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not very comfortable with a backward laser as it would dramatically change the gameplay for robbers.

No need for a backward laser, just the same !chase command but initiates a chase to the closest car behind the COP.

How would you be able to determine a !laser then?
Or you mean only to use it if someone does Dangerous/Careless driving?
(2017-08-16 15:52)Raphi Wrote: [ -> ]^
+1
Using !follow bind as a multiple command (chase the suspect and then telling him to follow) would be practical and realistic too.

+1
(2017-08-17 11:33)guxjim Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-16 15:52)Raphi Wrote: [ -> ]^
+1

+1

I was actually thinking about improving the !follow command to that it's directed at somebody. Atm it's just shows up wildly to people behind the cop car. Having it directed to somebody makes more sense and is leaves no room for ambiguity. But then it somehow overlaps with the !chase functionality before 45 secs. That need to be thought about thoroughly.
(2017-08-17 13:17)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]I was actually thinking about improving the !follow command to that it's directed at somebody. Atm it's just shows up wildly to people behind the cop car. Having it directed to somebody makes more sense and is leaves no room for ambiguity. But then it somehow overlaps with the !chase functionality before 45 secs. That need to be thought about thoroughly.
I, in some cases, had problems to make my suspects follow me, instead of stopping/slowing down to initiate a chase, for some obvious reasons. Actually, and I think some cops will agree here, is that the !follow command is either causing a mess behind us, or simply not respected by anyone, including the suspect.

My suggestion was only to initiate a chase to the suspect, and then telling him to follow the cop instead of "STOP POLICE".

Of course there's some other suggestions but what I suggested is, by far, the most simplest one imo.

If needed, we can even allow some room for the cop and the suspect at start while using this command, e.g allowing one minute leeway before the suspect failed to stop, instead of the 45 seconds currently in place.
I like the idea.

+ sometimes when uturning the LEAS doesnt show the traffic, something like their rear plate only works, thats not good
-1| No from me,

I would suggest to upgrade the !follow bind, and will appear like <> FOLLOW POLICE <> on your screen.

They should use it like the !stop command, it only stick at one person.
Reference URL's