[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: + report [COP]Tingle (Report Archived by Adrian)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your LFS username: lkaa3h

Their LFS username(s): AdreesTinkler
Their in-game nickname(s): [COP]Tingle

Main reason(s): Exploitation of power, didn't respect, wrong fine

Replay and/or screenshot link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/pur5p4o8is...Tingle.mpr
Replay timestamps: 14:12 / 14:32 / 15:02 / 16:01 / 16:01 / 16:31 / 16:34 / 16:55

Description of incident (inc date & time):
14:12 / he's already use siren !
14:32 / who's dangerous driver ?
15:02 /"near other vehicles" = im away from him !! / " dangerous driving " .. its not dangerous !!!
16:01 / " [COP]Tingle: [LOCAL] I'm gonna make money on your ass "
16:31 / i paid 125€
16:34 / chasing me and fine (illegal parking)
16:55 / "Fined for failure to move"

Not the first time to break rules
Hey,

"I'm gonna make money on your ass" lol come on, in all seriousness as if I'm actually going to improperly fine you and then say that... The same with "free money".

14:12/14:32; Siren is already in use because I had just come from a previous chase and hadn't turned it off yet. Then I see you drift, so I don't bother to turn it off because I'm going to initiate a chase with you. Had you spun out or lost control during your drift, there was a high probability of swevinny98 hitting you, hence the dangerous driving fine. Given the disregard for swevinny98, the size of the drift and the fact that it was clearly intentional, I gave you a medium dangerous driving fine.

15:02; Why is this a noteworthy timestamp?

16:01/16:31/16:55; I give you around 20 seconds to move. You did not move until I gave you a fine of €40 for illegal parking. 20 seconds is more than enough time and that is why I chose not to refund you. It does not matter if you move after I have issued the fine to you (with issuance occurring after the circa 20-second gap, that is)

I must have ruffled your feathers in !l with my lighthearted comments which might have inspired your report, however, you were fined fairly and in line with the guidelines provided to cops.
This report is being reviewed
Please be patient, we will reply shortly.
Ok, so first off we'll deal with the fine. Me and another [TC] member have both reviewed the fine and have concluded that it was incorrect to fine for dangerous driving in this case.

The finelist states that to issue a dangerous driving fine the suspect must have been causing endangerment to another player:
Finelist Wrote:Dangerous driving (100€ / 125€ / 150€)

Whenever some other player gets actively endangered, for instance ignoring the right of way or ignoring traffic lights.

In this case your reasoning was based on a 'could have' rather than a 'did', not only this but the user that was behind was at a sufficient distance that he would not really have been endangered. The appropriate fine would have been careless driving:
Finelist Wrote:Careless driving (30€ / 60€ / 100€)

Examples: cutting corners, ignoring lines, cones , barriers or traffic lights, drifting, doughnutting, all kind of stunts on the track, operating an unsafe vehicle, constantly driving backwards

The next issue at hand is your comments in !l and in main chat. The comments were rude and unneccesary at best and we also noticed something which may be a misunderstanding that we would like to clear up.

2017-08-23 21:30:55 UTC One (Montana) AdreesTinkler [COP]Tingle : !l puta

We couldn't really understand why you would do so, but 'puta' means 'bitch' in Spanish and from our point of view this looks like an insult. On top of that, the comments were completely unnecessary:

2017-08-23 21:31:17 UTC One (Montana) AdreesTinkler [COP]Tingle : !l I'm gonna make money on your ass

In the future, if you don't have anything constructive or relavent to the traffic stop to say to your suspect then just don't say it. People are not here to put up with people being rude or arrogant about things, they're here to enjoy themselves.

Last but not least, the immediate illegal parking fine. While the legitimacy of this fine is not in dispute, the simple fact of the matter is that it seems you did it only to spite your suspect further. In the future give it a little bit of time before you jump right back into fining them, do a lap of the track and if they're still parked in the same spot then go ahead and fine them.

Summed up, be careful with your choice of fine and remain respectful with people, just because you're in a position to fine people doesn't mean you can go around insulting & disrespecting them.

AdreesTinkler received confirmable warning for his actions.

Action has been taken as described
Thank you for your report, it has now been moved to the archives.
Reference URL's