[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Recommended headphones?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,
Can anyone recommend any good headphones (with a mic if possible, but not a necessity) for PC, please? My ones recently broke and I'm using Apple headphones atm lol.

Cheers in advance,
Jack Smile

Kindly note that I want to keep them quite cheap also.
I use Logitech G430 headset, and I really like the sound quality from it. According to a few friends, the mic quality is quite good in itself.

Here is a clicky link for you:
Click me!

It's on offer on Amazon at the moment, reduced from £69.99 to £49.99
What is your budget?

Smile
I had the G430 briefly and it was really quiet, got it sent back. Maybe just a faulty pair but I won't risk getting one again.

I'd recommend Plantronics Gamecom 788.
(2017-08-29 13:41)Lose Wrote: [ -> ]I use Logitech G430 headset, and I really like the sound quality from it. According to a few friends, the mic quality is quite good in itself.

Here is a clicky link for you:
Click me!

It's on offer on Amazon at the moment, reduced from £69.99 to £49.99
What is your budget?

Smile

I'm not getting it through Amazon in that case... XD

[Image: FvXnPdm.png]

Will take a look at that though. My budget is <£100.

(2017-08-29 13:45)BP Wrote: [ -> ]I had the G430 briefly and it was really quiet, got it sent back. Maybe just a faulty pair but I won't risk getting one again.

I'd recommend Plantronics Gamecom 788.

Alright, will watch out about the G430 then. I'll also have a look at the Gamecom one. Cheers Smile
Quote:I'm not getting it through Amazon in that case... XD

gg Biggrin
(2017-08-29 13:45)BP Wrote: [ -> ]I had the G430 briefly and it was really quiet, got it sent back. Maybe just a faulty pair but I won't risk getting one again.

I've been using my G430 without any issues for the past couple of years. I did, however, stumbled upon the same issue as BP. It got mostly fixed with a firmware upgrade and keeping the logitech software updated as well.

On a side note, the USB connector is notoriously known to fail on them so if you have a regular 3.5mm jack combo (red and green), i'd suggest using them instead.

Nowadays, my G430 is connected into a home amplifier and i get ridiculous levels with it.

I'd definitely recommend them.
(2017-08-29 15:00)Sebas Wrote: [ -> ]

I've been using my G430 without any issues for the past couple of years. I did, however, stumbled upon the same issue as BP. It got mostly fixed with a firmware upgrade and keeping the logitech software updated as well.

On a side note, the USB connector is notoriously known to fail on them so if you have a regular 3.5mm jack combo (red and green), i'd suggest using them instead.

Nowadays, my G430 is connected into a home amplifier and i get ridiculous levels with it.

I'd definitely recommend them.

When you say "mostly fixed", what exactly do you mean? But will have a little Google into that then Smile
go to a big store and test some... i have a usb headset from a retailer here(retailer was http://www.plaisio.gr house brand TurboX for those wondering) and it has proved to be good so far it was around 30 bucks iirc..
I have the HYPERX Cloud 2 and I LOVE IT! Great sounds and great mic 7.2 sorroundsound
Tritton Kunai is what I use, never let me down through all the abuse I put it through. Biggrin

Good bass and mic is great too.
Thanks all for the suggestions Biggrin
I have a bunch of different headphones, I tend to use my G430's too because they're relatively comfortable to wear for long times and they sound decent enough. A lot of headphones don't really fit on/over/around my ears that well.
Okay. Just one question, how does music sound on the G430s? Is bass any good, also?
(2017-08-29 18:00)Jack Wrote: [ -> ]Okay. Just one question, how does music sound on the G430s? Is bass any good, also?

It's fine for most people, it's usually fine for me if I just want to listen to something in the background as I always do. Neither the treble or the bass stand out and it doesn't bring out any nuances so it's definitely not audiophile stuff, but I feel it is better balanced than a lot of other gaming headsets. It doesn't have the overpowering bass punch that some other sets have, if that is what you mean by good bass...
Alright, cheers for your reply AJ Smile
Reference URL's