[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Nova's really good circuit layouts (Blackwood TC ver)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thank you all for your support for this series. It means a lot to me in terms of progress and motivation and it is of great help.

Moving onto from the well requested layoutting series on the LFS forum (https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/90485-N...it-layouts) which have provided tracks for the acclaimed Rony's Tuesday Fun Race, 9397 and Lo Events,
I'm now here to revitalise some layouts for you.

Thus... presenting..
[Image: 2bbd1c1287835f9588ab7a8652dd2b97.png]

Blackwood Ver 1.3

Blackwood always had space for amendments and interesting facilities. It's no wonder it's been appropriately and affectionally nicknamed "Boringwood", and not just because of it's map size. I've taken to task to revamp Blackwood with the mentality of Sydney, and I do hope everyone enjoys what I'm about to present right below!

The changes that have taken place :

> Industry Lane* (Junction and Road) EDITED BELOW IN VER 1.4
[Image: ee1b57da4a83f31453a73ea36fcc88f5.jpg]

The current Industry Lane is a tad messy to say the least. With 7 out-of-place parking spaces strung out on either side, the raised cheverons and the recently added central armco, it's an accident magnet. Not only that, wrong waying is encouraged due to, simply - the design. A "Z" obstruction would just make people want to go around it, and with the armco, there's no way of backing out. Single lanes don't help chases, either. Sad

With the new design, the street has been much more opened up. Several, more simple soft-bump central marking seperates the lanes along the street, and widens the lane gap between lanes. With the soft humps, chases can have space to manoeuvr in traffic, as well as allow cars to duck back to the right lane should they find themselves in an awkward situation!
This should drastically reduce wrong-waying incidents as well as reduce clumsy incidents.

> Storage Yard -> Industry Lane EDITED BELOW IN VER 1.4

[Image: d4202096149e6f40251134dee5b63e3b.jpg]

A lot of thought went into this particular area. The "triangle" has been ditched for a more conventional roundabout! Still the same time taken if you wish to U-turn back to Industry Way, while reducing the risk of heavy accidents from speeding cars on Storage Yard. Filters the traffic much better, so that both Industry Lane traffic and Storage Yard traffic may have an equal merging rate!

> Spawn Zone

[Image: 6cb67779a139f8ed82ea74a32b106924.jpg]

A formalised carpark has been bordered around the Safezone, which will encourage less stunting in the vicinity of the spawning area, and of course clearer left/right exits so you don't end up accidently headbutting a car leaving the spawn. Paddock area is still intact and cut-throughable on the right side from Pitlane, out of frame. Simple!

> Connection Lane Horizontal -> Dawson Road

[Image: f868617044d43fb4272b087c09b1701a.jpg]

The previous T junction has been ditched for a more refined 4 way junction, with greater lane spacing and a less acute turning angle, which will reduce awkward right turns off Dawson Road (which people avoid, and go WW). The extra junction lane goes for....

> Blackwood Carpark

[Image: 716ff3a419cf26fd0badeba6e9d8d105.jpg]

The Blackwood Carpark has now been divided into two seperate areas with purpose! On the top you have a scaled down drifting arena, which only just recently made an appearance on the servers! In the main frame, is what I shall now call "Event Arena". This area is meant to be used either for stunting (the obvious), or, for one-off events such as drag, car darts, or banterous... banter (Ay, Chuck! Tongue).
In doing so, Connection Lane has now got proper armcos on either side - making it an actual street! Hoorah!

> Storage Yard (Let the entertainment stations commence!)
Several interesting stations have been introduced to the Storage Yard. No more boring times around the yard now!

Car Chess
[Image: f29e9e69ed93cb9e58852b10354c0bd9.jpg]

Presenting, the "Chess" high-element course. Named with a meaning, the peril of height and unstable containers coupled with multiple angry (or just plain mean) players will all be against you as you fight to stay on the containers.
A up/down ramp is provided out of harm's way at the side of the fence, and I personally recommend no more than 6 players!

King of the Hill
[Image: 393e7aae44d8a31d9fb56cda6a1317fd.jpg]

Ahhh. The classic. King of the Hill, TC edition. Rules are simple, jump, stop, stay on container for as long as you can. Extra challenges include : gaping holes between containers, busted suspension, maniacal rivals, banana peels... - oh wait. You get the point.
No player limit on this station! Keep your car on top for as long as you can. Balls of steel recommended.

> Storage Yard Pit Boxes
With fun games comes the need to repair. Certain areas have been improved!

[Image: 63ba937ed3694f6838552a520fafa42f.jpg]

Refinement made to the North wing Pit for greater pitting ease, as well as resting parking spots, just in case.

[Image: 7a85fe2125b373cd8992f2a8664b1c30.jpg]

Anti-ww humps have been added to the perimeter of the Central Pit to prevent dangerous rejoins onto the roundabout, and just to keep things clean!

West Wing Safezone and Pit have been left untouched.

-
-

With all these changes, comes great effort. A great amount of hours were spent not just on creating, but on ideation as well. Several ideas were crushed, torn and binned in the process. A tough few days but I'm pretty pleased at the outcome. I hope all these new changes will go down well with all of you guys!
As usual, I am open to any feedback you may have. Simply pop them down in the comments and I'll take a look when I can! Your opinions mean greatly to me, thank you!

Cheers!
AOR Nova
(Courtesy of Nova's Really Good Circuit Layouts)
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/90485-N...it-layouts

//
Ver 1.3 has been given to Spark for review and forward. tq
I like it Smile
People are Gonna drift that Rb
(2017-09-19 17:16)Jimmy Wrote: [ -> ]People are Gonna drift that Rb

Even more chances for admins to get remind/warn/educate people causing mayhem at Industry Lane. Also extra opportunities for cops as well.

The normal roundabout is going fine, I see no problem with this second one. It's walls on both side, like the old Sydney Roundabout - and no one dared to drift that roundabout either.

People learn not to do stuff and it's part of the cruise servers. New cruisers learn, either by following the rules or the hard way when they realise a XRG doesn't fit sideways in a enclosed roundabout. *Ha ha!*
(2017-09-19 17:16)Jimmy Wrote: [ -> ]People are Gonna drift that Rb

That could be an issue, yes. But it's against the rules so you can contact an admin on the server/report them if someone does.
Don't know why but I think the RB at Storage Yard-Industry Way will be easy (apart from ppl drifting it) to fly-by into the grey building (crashing ofc). Imo the exit from SY into IW RB should be a bit sharper to force people to slow down, mostly cuz some people don't even know how to brake and will end up either hitting someone entering the RB or crashing those who are standing next to the grey building, or even those who are repairing their car on the pit-stop

Or maybe the angle the picture was taken is showing something different.

Made a quick edit in Paint.net to explain what im suggesting in case it sounds a bit confusing.

[Image: Zv9yxiY.png]
I don’t like it, I love it love it like it uh oh
Hm, thank you for that Ghutra, well spotted! I'll adjust the on ramp for Yard > IL.
I think the current layout fits well, don't see a reason to change itself.

What I would add it's the roundabout from Straight to Storage Yard, cause the actual one, it's a bit chaotic because a lot of people want to entry from different directions and few crashes happen, so I think that a roundabout will solve that problem.

But good job!
(2017-09-20 08:40)Borja Wrote: [ -> ]I think the current layout fits well, don't see a reason to change itself.

Well, if you have been on during the maniacal mornings or nights it's extremely chaotic and even undrivable sometimes on IL. That's the reason Industry Lane has gotten a facelift, just to ease the madness of traffic and impatientioness. Same concept applies to Dawson Rd and Connection Rd!
Other streets have not been touched, so yes, I do agree the overall current layout does work, just those areas above. Smile

Other changes are purely aesthetical changes designed to perk up the surroundings a little. No harm done Tongue

(2017-09-20 08:40)Borja Wrote: [ -> ]What I would add it's the roundabout from Straight to Storage Yard, cause the actual one, it's a bit chaotic because a lot of people want to entry from different directions and few crashes happen, so I think that a roundabout will solve that problem.

But good job!

Mhm, and I'll be shifting the left lane like Ghutra suggested. Thank you for your feedback too man!
I realy like your work on new layouts. Especialy this one looks like fun and i would like to try it or to have this implemented. New BL is a pain for me so i am for trying every changes.
Ver 1.4
All parts now under 2045.
*audit* Apologises or misnaming Industry Lane as Industry Way in the original post.

Thank you Ghutra, Jimmy and Borja for your valuable feedback!

> Storage Yard -> Industry Lane Roundabout
Roundabout Yard > IL lane has now been moved aft to slow merging traffic like Ghutra highlighted.

[Image: e33b3e9d43d8525e86ca070f139f8cb2.jpg]

> Industry Lane Main Roundabout
Thank you to Brixton + GOOMB on the roundabout lane debate, seen here : http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...?tid=27429

With confirmation from Adrian of 2-lane, here's the audit. Hopefully merging accidents will now be more clearly faulted on whom.

[Image: 3d13bafec5861e7fb14281abaa6eda56.jpg]

> Industry Lane -> Cresta/Lyon Road
Flashing status Caution lights have been erected just as further precaution to alert drivers to give way to main street traffic!

[Image: fa45a20fbd80ed1e0f111667fc913d17.png]

//
Ver 1.4 will be updated to Spark to forward.
Final Poll result (stagnent as of Oct 15 2017)
20 + / 3 - (86.96% : 13.04%)
Any further votes will be nullified

Hi, same thing with Kyoto, is there any follow up to this? If this lyt hasn't been forwarded yet I can link the file here!

Cheers
I like the idea of industry lane, there are 2 back roads literally 5m behind the parking spots, there are also 2 off-road courtyards either side of the lights too which makes me disbelieve the complete use of the parking spots there, I'm sure people can drive the extra like 10m to a safer parking spot.
I agree with Huski.

I think a lot of people don't use the courtyards to park as it can be awkward having to go right/left then turn left/right again to park. But nonetheless, it's not that bad.
I agree with Huski about the layout used in TC lately. The parking spots at IL are a bit unnecessary and pointless since there are open spaces (courtyards) to park on the roads crossing it, specially the one where everyone clogs up. But at the same time I see it was made to slow down people (as in every layout, you need to make everyone drive at 10kmh coz some ppl can't drive nor brake properly ¬_¬), plus I rarely see people parked there (except for cops watching traffic or setting up a SpeedTrap), I'd guess mostly because its impossible not to enter it at 80kmh to avoid being rear ended and honked till death.

Its weird the layout hasn't been set on the TC server yet (Maybe they are thinking/will make some changes to it???). I wouldn't mind giving it a try, but I can see the layout will last 10mins before ppl complain it sucks and wants the current layout back, like it happened on South City ¬_¬ .
Mhm ghutra, South City took a whole lot of feedback and trial and error to make it work, and thankfully it did.

No harm trialing this layout as well imvho, and of course edits can be made on my end to suit the driving flow better. But of course I don't have the call, that's why I'm asking for a follow up : )
I'll forward this for internal discussion
Something I´ve think about:

The Off-Road Area on Racetrack is not classified as race area. But you also can´t reach it in chase, cause you have to cross the Raceway.

Maybe some Layouter have a good Idea (and TC like it) to build a nice bridge to it and connect these three offroad areas.
Hmm, I'll have a go at it Brix! I'll say me and bridges have a thing with each other Tongue

But then of course, it has to be able to not get "Return to chase" when the chase crosses the racepath.

@BP Much appreciated! You guys should have the layout, if otherwise I'll gladly attach below. Note that racetrack has the old layout with the lanes and all, as this was pre-race license, but everything else should be a-okay.

Cheers
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's