[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: bidding system in tc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi
i am thinking of a betting system in tc server it will go like this
example you are buying a XRT And you places down 2k for display will show who is the highest bidder (example :Bid XRT [G27]IceMilo 2000 Timeleft 10s)
and it will be display on screen
but can be only use on safehouse to prevent crashing on tc roads.

reason is that i have been looking at the chat that people cant buy the car they one due to money or condition.

thanks !
milo
Sounds quite good Smile +1
I like it
I'd prefer an off-site way called TBay! Where instead you can (through world) put one of your cars up, your car would then dissapear from your profile and be on the TBay page. All TBay would show is Price, bids, car, prev owner and vin. Players will then bid for the car and I like it cause it can show the risks of EBay style platforms.
i agree it a good idea but i prefer we can do the bidding while in the game
I like the idea of have an auction site but I can see a couple of potential issues;

How long would an auction last for? I think when people look at the market for a car they wouldn’t want to wait to actually purchase one, let alone coming away without even buying one and having to start bidding again for a different car.

With the amount of cars (especially lower end cars) that go on the market I think the market could be too big to have successful auctions. By that I mean there would rarely be more than one person actually bidding on a car. To go back to my first point, of auctions we’re short, per say 30 minutes to 3 hours, the amount of people looking to buy in that time frame might be quite small, therefore the supply of cars would greatly outweigh the demand from buyers and thus no real competition between bidders.

It would be interesting to get some stats on how many people use the market throughout the day and how many purchases are made.
i totally agree with what you said josh but
i am thinking more for those people who decied that they dont wanna sell it on the net it maybe because they have a good vin/condition/distance and they think that their car worth more

(example : tc market [ABCDE] XRT Odo : 0km cond :100% Service 1500km = $2500)

in that case he can use tc auction to sell his xrt for a higher price ( insim will be there to show the recommend price to put for auction) ( if price not reach the target price (example 3000) it will be auto change to the next auction. by using the command

thanks !
-regards
-milo
Definitely a good idea to have a classified auction for rare vins, but I don't think it would work with regular cars to be honest.
yes i agree with what you said but, i highly recommend that this auction will take cars from the auto-market

(example [ABCDEF XRT odo: 100KM cond 100% service 1500km Price:$100)

But for this auction it will also help new members to get cars easier
yet it will help veterans to sell this cars with much higher price from auction then from auto market it self

Players can place their car on auction as well but most of the cars i highly recommend it will be from the tc automarket

players can use !betcar amount to auction their car off
players can use !betamount to bet on the price of the car

(all auction will last 45 sec)(insim will cast who the winner and the price he put )

(example Congrats to [G27]IceMilo With a bet of $100)(they will be using money from they drive to auction)

regards
-milo
well carl can we use it for sometime 1st ? and see if it works?

well as i said my plan will be trying to sell car from the market on to tc server itself
Reference URL's