[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: LFS Freezes when alt tabbing.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Firstly, my Rig:

Processor Intel® Core™ i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Manufacturer Intel
Speed 3.2 GHz
Number of Cores 4
12 GB Ram

Video CardNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
Razer Blackwidow keyboard
Roccat XTD Mouse

So this happened lately when i got my new Corsair K55 RGB Keyboard, as started racing with the new keyboard anytime i had Alt Tabbed out of windows to do stuff then went to tab back into LFS it froze and sometimes would eventually come back ingame, sometimes the game would crash.
I went back to my old Razer Keyboard and had no problems when in LFS.
I want to point out its only happend in LFS.
I decided to reinstall windows just to be sure and until today i could play LFS and alt tab to my hearts content.
Today i bought a new wheel, a Trust GXT 580 and after i started playing and alt tabbing it went back to its usual freezing.
Its almost as if anything new added to the pc causes it to freeze.

If anyone have any good suggestions it would be most welcome.

Thanks in Advance

[FU] Christian.
Would changing to windowed borderless make any difference (if you’re running full screen)?
Has got to do with that keyboard surely if it works fine when switching back to the old one
try times a usb driver update , think the motherboard has a problem with the usb,
@Renegade, no it happens in windowed too.
@Nathan , i thought so too, until when i plugged in my new wheel the same thing happend.
@Titan , ill have a check about that.
Maybe you have too much power consumption over usb ... you can use only limited power over the usb ports
What's your power supply?

Are you overclocking anything in your rig? a bad overclock can cause crashes, ignore this question if you haven't done any of that.

It's weird that the game is running properly when you start it, only happens when you alt-tab, does it happen in LFS only?
At the moment i cant remember what powersupply i got, but i think its over 600W
And no im not overclocking.
It only happens when i plug in new things and only when alt tabbing out of LFS, ive tried lots of my games and none have this problem.
What motherboard are you using?
First of all test both(wheel,keyboard) on another machine if you can.(With LFS)
This is the motherboard : https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00K...UTF8&psc=1
And as i have no other pc i cannot test it. I have no issue on current keyboard, only when i plug in new keyboard and wheel.
you have all USB ports occupied?
Not all
How often does it happen? In percent?
Reference URL's