[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Dealer update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been working on the upcoming dealer-feature.
If you haven't heard of it before, the dealer feature will allow anybody to run a car trading business.

My question is: How many people are actually interested in becoming a dealer ? You need to have quite a bit of available money to invest to found a business though.
I'd be interested, I just need to make some more money first Wink
I'd be interested
I would be interested
I would be interested.
I would not be interested.
Is the dealer feature going to replace the !sendcar <vin> <username> command? or is it just an extension made so that you can publish cars in the market? this implementation sounds useless since trading can still be do'able with the !sendcar as well as considering that you will have to:

Chuck Wrote:have quite a bit of available money to invest

Few more things I think should be done with care;
  • Price selection, are you allowing sellers to post their car for sale for the price they like? Or is it automated?
  • By allowing sellers to flush cars into the market, there's the risk of allowing a set of players to completely dominate the market. ([all low condition/used] cars sold by only one person) since I read in this thread that you do plan on removing the script that adds cars every once in a while

http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...?tid=27340

Let's see what you'll come up with Chuck
I'd be interested
Yes pls
I’d give it a go, it’s a nice notice to earn more money and add a bit more variety to the game
I would definitely love that.
I'd play around with it for sure.
There could be a "price range" when the dealer publishes the car, so in between lets say f.e. 2k and 5k the dealer could choose the price based on that range (ofc varies according to the cond the car has and what car the dealer is selling).
The problem I see here would be a oligopoly of dealers (kinda obvious. I mean, we live in a capitalist world, there is a monopoly/oligopoly on whatever sytem you can think of).

Also, how much of a good amount of money will someone need to start selling cars? Or at least to have a reference, hence there will be a time where no money will be earned until the new dealer system lands and establishes well on the server (pretty redundant, ik). Coz f.e. I could have a hard time trying to get into the business, but people with money over 1mil could establish the oligopoly with the ease to buy the cars.

I might give it a try and see how it goes along the way, and probably earn a lot of shekels.
I haven't been bothered dealing with cars until now because of how it has worked, but with a proper dealer system i may just get into it!
--Warning, big post-- I have also spoilered it for ease of space. Its mainly a ramble but I believe some okay points lie within.

Also go me, first spoiler I've used.
To address some of the points above:

-The automated generation script isn't running for a while (and won't again), hence the shortage on the market. Same goes for the de-valuation script (The script that aged cars and made them cheaper).

-Dealers have a dedicated space to store cars, hence it isn't comparable to private deals using private garages.

-Dealers can freely set the prices for all the cars they offer.

How I think that all can work out? Well, we'll let it go by the rules of supply and demand. As you all know, the current supply for used FZ5's is poor but at the same time we have a great demand of such cars. That naturally increases the value of all existing cars. Which means prices *above* the calculated value are possible and likely. Lets say I own a 50% FZ5, worth ~20k. I don't actually need to sell, but since the demand is high, someone (a dealer or other person) could offer me 22k, which is a good deal for me. And now the system begins to work.
I made 2k, maybe a dealer sells it for 23k, he will get 1k and I can buy me a new car as I got enough money for it anyway.

On top of that, there will also be a function for private sellers to offer their car in some sort of classified ads to support private deals.
look cool to me +1
The user-to-user offers are now available under http://world.city-driving.co.uk/?page=classifieds
Neat. Cheers Chuck Smile
I would be interested
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's