[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Advice for a new phone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Update 04/11/2017: I brought a Nexus 6P off eBay a few days ago and I'm already in love compared to my iPhone. Enjoying the experience and would recommend to anyone looking for a new phone! Smile -Jack

Hey guys,
I currently own an iPhone 5S and I'm looking for a new phone for Christmas, since this is slowly dying.

I'm interested in the Samsung Galaxy S7, but I was wondering if anyone else knew of any better Samsung phones? My price range is £250-£300 max.

Cheers,
Jack Smile
Samsung is the way forward, but its personal preference pal[/align]
Yeah Smile I've used both devices and I do prefer Android Biggrin
I just got a samsung s8. Love it
Love the Samsung hardware but not fond of all the Bloatware that comes with their Firmware. I usually root the phone and install a cleaner version. Currently running an S7 Edge and I'm loving it.
(2017-10-22 15:28)Sebas Wrote: [ -> ]Love the Samsung hardware but not fond of all the Bloatware that comes with their Firmware. I usually root the phone and install a cleaner version. Currently running an S7 Edge and I'm loving it.

Alright, cheers for replying Smile
i have a s8 and i cant say its anything special compared to the s7 tbh. i would probably get an s7 rather than the s8 had i have known before i got it or even something else. the LGs look cool
LGs got bootloops, not worth it. Mine bootlooped after a year and i bought sony xz premium and it has felt quite good. No overheating at all, display is superb and the 960fps slow-mo is nice gadget.
I own a HUAWAI P9 lite (need dual sim for splitting private/work). If you not use 2nd SIM, you can use a SD Card insteat.

Best phone I ever own so far. Nearly the same like the P9. Only camera is not so good (my wife own the P9, it has a much better cam) and the CPU is a little bit slower (not that much).
Anything OnePlus, I've had my OP2 over two years now and performs just as well as it did on day 1. Battery life is still good, no bloat ware, good camera, fast to react. It even survived America, it got thrown off horses numerous times, flew off a Gator doing 20+ MPH and it barely even has a scratch on it. The dual sim capability is amazing, allowed me to use both my UK sim and my US sim whilst in America.
Thanks everyone for the responses Smile

I've had a look around and I will probably get the Samsung Galaxy A7, but still not fully decided yet.
I have a OnePlus 3T, and after owning iPhones (3GS, 4S, 5S), Sony Xperias (Z1, Z5) and a HTC One M9, I have to say that it's an insane phone for the price. I prefer the camera on the Xperias and the speakers but the OLED screen on the 3T is phenomenal. Absolutely no bloatware and dash charging functionality (My phone will charge from dead to full in just over 30 minutes). My biggest let down for the Xperias was the battery life since the screen is so bright and high resolution, I don't have that problem with the OnePlus 3T. You can pick a brand new OnePlus 3T up for just over £300.

My parents both had Samsung phoned, my dad still has a Note 5 (screen is big and that's all he really cares about), and my mum had a samsung Galaxy S6 edge+, but even she has a OnePlus 3T now, same as me XD

Brilliant phones and they perform well also. Look at reviews and compare the features. Mine is currently rooted and running resurrection remix, I couldn't recommend this phone more.
I'll take a look — cheers, Ren Smile
Im using Xiaomi Mi4 and cost me 150€ 2 years ago. You can look for Mi 6, Im very happy with the battery, with the SO, with the updates and everything. Didnt have any problem yet.

Also, as curiosity, Mi4 can run Windows Phone on it, but Im not fan of it so runing Android, and smothly.

I had also a Samsung S4 that was very expensive but was an awesome phone with lot of sensors and functions. One month later, I swiched off all this tools because wasn't necessary and I want to had some battery. I don't know how this will be on the S7/S8 or the new ones Smile
One of the best new phones on the market right now is one that I've just got on order from John Lewis. £259.99 Moto G5S Plus (Dual Rear Cameras) + Free Motorola Headphones. Snapdragon 625 2.0GHz Octa-Core, either 32GBROM/3GBRAM or 64GBROM/4GBRAM. From reviews it sounds a really good phone. Also quite big at 5.5". Not to mention the smart fingerprint reader and NFC (which means Android Pay).
I got the Huawai P10. Its cheap and I personel think its better than samsung "They just explode or catch fire". Its very fast, great sound, great cam and as said before you get alot of phone for no money Smile and it can hold battery 1½ day depends on how often you are checking Adult sides and facebook
Cheers for the reply, Morreboy!
Using the Huawei Nexus 6P. Had it over 2 years now and its still amazing.

Operating System: Android 8.0 Oreo (Zero Bloatware)
Display: 5.7-inch 2560x1440 AMOLED Gorilla Glass 4
CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 Processor
GPU: Adreno 430
RAM: 3GB
Internal storage: 32/64/128GB
Rear Camera: 12.3MP, 1.55 μm pixels, f/2.0 aperture, IR laser-assisted autofocus, 4K video capture, 240fps slow motion video capture, dual flash/
Front Camera: 8MP, 1.4 µm pixels, f/2.4 aperture
Battery: 3450 mAh
Other: Fingerprint sensor, USB Type-C, Audio jack, Two frontfacing speakers.
Is there any smartphone that doesnt overheat? Having and s4 for 2 and half yrs im tired of it.
Thanks everyone for posting their suggestions Smile
I won a Nexus 6P from eBay yesterday for £110, so that's pretty good!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's